Shankster

Shankster: A One Plane Story

Our Sponsors

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

As I said in the Blueprint Thread, played well today.

But the part of my game that I used to lean on left me in some bad spots. With this swing I think I have too much bounce on my sand wedge. Twice in the sand I skulled it, and one fat. Most of the chips were stubby that weren’t the Blueprint wedge.

Maybe more bounce?... Very confusing anyways.

It's technique.  Need more bunker practice.

• Like 1

It's technique.  Need more bunker practice.

Haha. Very true Kenny. I found myself in more bunkers than normal yesterday. One more thing to add to the practice plan.
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Haha. Very true Kenny. I found myself in more bunkers than normal yesterday. One more thing to add to the practice plan.

I've been working on my ball striking lately, and really have been neglecting short game practice and bunker play.  It is showing up in my scores; not getting chips/pitches close enough and missing putts that I shouldn't.  My irons are better, so back to short game practice!!

• Like 2

I am going to take this to the next level for 2020. The goal is to break 70. Stand by for Shankster: Uncharted Territory

With episode 2 coming up some teasers are: a Mid/Late November driver fitting, cold iron winter golf, and much much more.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I am going to take this to the next level for 2020. The goal is to break 70. Stand by for Shankster: Uncharted Territory

I wish you the best of luck. Been my goal for quite a few years. Now I am resetting my goal to having most of my rounds be in the 70s
  • Like 2

With episode 2 coming up some teasers are: a Mid/Late November driver fitting, cold iron winter golf, and much much more.

I'm sure you will do it - will be fun to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 1:58 AM, Shankster said:

just subscribe your youtube channel...nice goal in 2020

• Like 2

just subscribe your youtube channel...nice goal in 2020

Dang. No driver fitting, but there has been some cold iron golf...

Still going strong on this for full swings. The pitch shots and stuff are a little difficult to get used to. My consistency through out the bag is amazing really considering how badly I was playing earlier in the year. Once it warms up a bit and those White Boxed BStones show you there will be numerous cold rounds.
  • Like 2

The Shankster: A One Plane Story has been cancelled.

Last time out I played with a very low to + handicap, he noticed that I was taking about a half backswing. Never really thought of it, but I am giving up way too much distance with this swing.

Just today I started out with some 65 yard 56° that were “maxed out”...

Switched back to my old swing with some tweaks, and voila back to 100 yarders.

I’m guessing this is why I was coming up 10 yards short with the other clubs. Felt like I had to stretch everything.

The End.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

The Shankster: A One Plane Story has been cancelled.

Last time out I played with a very low to + handicap, he noticed that I was taking about a half backswing. Never really thought of it, but I am giving up way too much distance with this swing.

Just today I started out with some 65 yard 56° that were “maxed out”...

Switched back to my old swing with some tweaks, and voila back to 100 yarders.

I’m guessing this is why I was coming up 10 yards short with the other clubs. Felt like I had to stretch everything.

The End.

And that's why I gave up the SPS.  I loved the consistency and accuracy, but wanted to hit it further now that I am really, really old.  My problem is that I did it for so long that my short backswing is engrained, and I can't seem to rotate back far enough without screwing up my timing.  It's a work in progress, but I'm committed to lengthening my swing.

• Like 3

And that's why I gave up the SPS.  I loved the consistency and accuracy, but wanted to hit it further now that I am really, really old.  My problem is that I did it for so long that my short backswing is engrained, and I can't seem to rotate back far enough without screwing up my timing.  It's a work in progress, but I'm committed to lengthening my swing.

Yep, it felt really good to “let the stallions run”... see what I did there?

Still feels like a 3/4 swing, accuracy is off a touch, but I’ll get there. Overall I think the one plane swing works wonders, especially on my back. That’s the only thing I’m worried about...
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Shankster said:

Yep, it felt really good to “let the stallions run”... see what I did there?

Still feels like a 3/4 swing, accuracy is off a touch, but I’ll get there. Overall I think the one plane swing works wonders, especially on my back. That’s the only thing I’m worried about...

I haven't had a bit of back trouble since I switched.  In fact, it actually feels a little  better.  I'm rotating more.

• Like 1