TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf teacher appreciation thread

Big money

Been reading so many negative comments on teaching pros across multiple forum platforms. Would be nice to ‘flip the dial’ per say and show them some dignity + respect. It’s a difficult business breaking into and maintaining a client base. Let’s show them some MSG forum respect. And post some great success stories you’ve had utilizing your current or past golf teacher 

Keep it in the short stuff

I haven't seen such comments, but not to say they don't exist. In general a lot of Social Media platforms are an outlet for negative people to spout off and try to take down or belittle other people.

I think there are a ton of great teachers out there, both online and in person.   I've learned something from almost each of them at varying points of my golf journey.    I let the haters, hate and basically ignore their venom. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I will credit where it is due.Mr David Leadbetter and Mr Hank Haney for sure.Not only have the experience with tens of thousands of amateurs.But also taught and maintained a awesome stable of top caliber pros.Will throw in Mr George Gankas as well.As for the rest! Especially the online post all day forum golf pros.Hmmm, no thanks.There is a reason that some teaching pros post all the time online bashing successful instructors.While the top of their professions are actually out giving lessons.#priorities 

Edited by Big money

Have to say there are many many fine teachers out there.  My favorite was way back in my junior years of golf.  The late Nancy Bendcha from Lake Forest Illinois. Just an incredibly gifted teacher : player : and promoter of the great game of golf. She introduced so many of us to this great game. And would take time out of her busy teaching schedule to always fine tune us if we had troubles. Sadly she is no longer with us. But I will always remember her her generosity and teachings. As so many always will 

I’ve had three outstanding teachers in my golfing career -

Our teaching pro at Bayou has several kids who have landed college scholarships - he makes it very simple.

Rather than gouging and making you pay for a half an hour he is always happy to look at your swing on the range when he sees you as he did mine today.

Jim King is a great teacher who lives up to his name.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Had my first lesson ever on Friday. I have nothing but great things to say about my instructor. Her name is Emily Rohdy at Buck's Run Golf Course in Mt. Pleasant Michigan. If your anywhere in the area, and needing an instructor I would strongly encourage you to contact her.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

Just checked back here - it’s pretty sad that there aren’t 100 posts in this thread.

So I will fete another Pro - John Wallrich - head pro at Pine Hills Country Club in Sheboygan,WI. Great teacher, player (2 US Opens - 4 GMOs a PGA), parishioner, friend.

A pros pro!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I’ve been taking lessons from my coach for 6 years now. Joe and everyone at the GOLFTEC here in Columbus are great people and coaches

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I've been fortunate to have had some really good in-person lessons from some really good, top quality pros - who are also all good people.

The problem for many players is finding that right instructor / coach with whom you click .. ie. they communicate in a way that you readily understand, AND .. can readily apply. Of course, it's up to _you_ to do the homework after the lesson.

For one specific recommendation - and especially for ladies or for guys who would like to take their spouse, gf, so, bff, whomever to a golf school - check out Nancy Lopez Golf Adventures ... their teaching staff is excellent! 

On a few of the schools Nancy herself is there, which was the case the last one my wife and I went to in Keystone, CO. She could not have been nicer, or more helpful or more generous with her time!

But Teresa and Sue are the main teaching pros, are truly helpful and nice, and also run the day to day business, and both live and work in Florida.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Anyone on Long Island - check out...

1. Charlie Bolling at Bethpage. He was a friend from windsurfing years before I started to golf! Anyhow - nice guy, communicates simply and clearly, and has some actual pro playing cred, too.

2. Jonathan Jame at Golf & Body in Huntington. I did PT there and Steve, the owner, recommended Jon to me. Also a super nice guy, communicates in an enthusiastic manner and is very encouraging. He also has some am and pro playing cred.

3. Nick Nicolich, or any of the staff, at Harbor Links in Port Washington. All very capable, very dedicated people; they seem genuinely interested in your improvement.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg