TR1PTIK

Personal Launch Monitor for use with SuperSpeed Golf???

Our Sponsors

On 8/30/2019 at 12:56 PM, Kegger said:

I didn't see it mentioned already, but I have an SSR unit that was provided during the SuperSpeed review, and I use the unit for both Club Head speed as well as for Ball speed. The downside, is that since the unit will pick up the speed of the fastest moving object in front of it, you can only capture 1 of these speeds at any given time. To measure ball speed, I lay the SSR unit on its back, facing up, in from of the driving range mat. The unit needs to be in-line with the ball (so the ball travels over it), so you really only want to be doing this if you are VERY confident in not topping the ball into the unit. I think the company offers a protective shield, but I don't have one. I have found the SSR unit to be pretty consistent, although sometimes I do wish I had more data to look at like on the SC units...

That's a pretty ingenious way to use the unit that I had not thought of!!! Does it seem pretty accurate? 

That's a pretty ingenious way to use the unit that I had not thought of!!! Does it seem pretty accurate? 
Yea, the ball speed numbers appear to be fairly accurate. The last time I used the unit like this was a few weeks ago and I was seeing driver ball speeds in the 135-140 mph range with the odd 145 mixed in. I hit my driver on Trackman on Saturday and my ball speeds ranged from 139-142. But keep in mind that these were on different days with range balls vs premium balls.

I've also used the unit for measuring mid iron ball speeds, and while I think these are fairly accurate as well, I don't have a recent comparison for the numbers...

Sent from my SM-G970U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Sorry that I am jumping in new to this thread.

I have the SC 200 and I have done SuperSpeed (with their radar) and I have gone through two fittings since I purchased the SC 200 one on trackman and the other on (oh sorry old age has crept in and I've forgotten the unit - flightscope perhaps?  It was a year and a half ago).

I really do thing that the SC 200 would give you what you wanted.  It's ball speed with driver is extremely accurate although it will miss shots or more accurately it can be fooled into thinking a shot has gone farther than it really has - It loves a low and left ball flight!!!  However I can see when it's being inaccurate.  When I went for my Ping Long game fitting last spring and got fit for driver Trackman had my ball speed from 132-138 with driver.  That's just where I've been at on SC.  To me ball speed is what matters most on that device.  Interestingly the distances that it gave me were a bit shorter that what I was actually hitting driver in the spring - now they are ridiculously long compared to how far I'm hitting it (I rely on roll out and I'm getting none of that at this time of year here.)  Carry distances with driver are extremely accurate IM and again just what I was getting when I was being fit on trackman. 

For me clubhead speed has always been slower on SC than on the SuperSpeed radar device.  It's generally 3-4 mph less. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, revkev said:

Sorry that I am jumping in new to this thread.

I have the SC 200 and I have done SuperSpeed (with their radar) and I have gone through two fittings since I purchased the SC 200 one on trackman and the other on (oh sorry old age has crept in and I've forgotten the unit - flightscope perhaps?  It was a year and a half ago).

I really do thing that the SC 200 would give you what you wanted.  It's ball speed with driver is extremely accurate although it will miss shots or more accurately it can be fooled into thinking a shot has gone farther than it really has - It loves a low and left ball flight!!!  However I can see when it's being inaccurate.  When I went for my Ping Long game fitting last spring and got fit for driver Trackman had my ball speed from 132-138 with driver.  That's just where I've been at on SC.  To me ball speed is what matters most on that device.  Interestingly the distances that it gave me were a bit shorter that what I was actually hitting driver in the spring - now they are ridiculously long compared to how far I'm hitting it (I rely on roll out and I'm getting none of that at this time of year here.)  Carry distances with driver are extremely accurate IM and again just what I was getting when I was being fit on trackman. 

For me clubhead speed has always been slower on SC than on the SuperSpeed radar device.  It's generally 3-4 mph less. 

I think the SC 200 would be the better overall unit, but the biggest consideration is the use of the SuperSpeed program. @revkev, correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the SC 200 will only work when hitting a ball, so it wouldn't be able to be used for measuring the speed of the SuperSpeed clubs. The one nice thing about the SSR unit is that you can use it for both the training clubs and normal shots.

But I will admit, if I wasn't given the SSR unit for the review, I would be leaning towards the SC 200. I think it is more useful in the long run.  Even if you can't measure the training speeds, in the end, the results from the program are what we're most interested in!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kegger said:

@revkev, correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the SC 200 will only work when hitting a ball, so it wouldn't be able to be used for measuring the speed of the SuperSpeed clubs. 

I think I mentioned it in one of my previous posts, but I did some research and the SC 200 PLUS has a practice mode that will provide club speed without a ball.