Jump to content
Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Wilson D7 Challenge

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Well a little bit of digging in the dirt pays off (thank you, Mr. Hogan).  The 4-6 iron have started to come alive!  The last two tee shots with the four iron have resulted in a 220 yard GIR and a FIR during a modified scramble at Pinehurst.  I don't have accurate stats because of technology problems, but GIRs have been consistently on the rise, and my iron ball striking has been as consistent as ever.  These irons are really fighting for their place. 

Back in my review I spoke of the feedback these irons produce being exceptional for game improvement irons---with the artic chill we have had, I have taken a little more time to hit balls on the range.  Wednesday I caught a ball thin with a 6 iron and knew it immediately.  My hands haven't stung that bad since I caught a fastball off the handle playing baseball in high school. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1221307641_Screenshot(52).png.e78271f0cee2778cfd8f13c336b757f1.png

 

Sourced from Wilson's Instagram page is a sneak preview of an upcoming iron launch.  It looks like a D7 forged is coming out to complement the "regular" D7s.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

1221307641_Screenshot(52).png.e78271f0cee2778cfd8f13c336b757f1.png

 

Sourced from Wilson's Instagram page is a sneak preview of an upcoming iron launch.  It looks like a D7 forged is coming out to complement the "regular" D7s.

 

Sorta yes and sorta no - Wilson's irons offerings are in a bit of a flux for 2020. Blog post on these should be dropping this morning. 

Doug Thiel, Wilson's Global Marketing Director, said last summer the feeling was that Wilson had too many iron sets (they had six) and that it was time to streamline and reset the offering. I think between the Launch Pad and now the D7 Forged, along with the Staff Model moniker, we're beginning to see that change starting. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

 

Sorta yes and sorta no - Wilson's irons offerings are in a bit of a flux for 2020. Blog post on these should be dropping this morning. 

Doug Thiel, Wilson's Global Marketing Director, said last summer the feeling was that Wilson had too many iron sets (they had six) and that it was time to streamline and reset the offering. I think between the Launch Pad and now the D7 Forged, along with the Staff Model moniker, we're beginning to see that change starting. 

For those that can't ever seem to find their way to the Home Page 🙂   Great stuff here as usual from @GolfSpy Barbajo

https://mygolfspy.com/wilson-d7-forged-irons-review/

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Homepage? Isn't 👇 the homepage? 😂

Homepage.thumb.png.cf97cfe1dd57f416479e90fac8717e6c.png

 

Well it is to us 🙂 But best to keep the boss happy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well it is to us 🙂 But best to keep the boss happy. 

True, but since I get emails when they post new content, I usually just follow the link from there and haven't seen the actual homepage in a while.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting back to the D7 topic I hit Foz’s a couple of time’s on weds and was pleasantly surprised. In fact those were the two best irons that I hit all day.

What stunned me most was how great they sound.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...