mr.hicksta's path to a single digit handicap!

🏌🏽‍♂️[emoji95][emoji466]️

IMG_1440.JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 1

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 🔹🔹🔹 9º | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S
:callaway-small: Epic Speed 3W 15º | Fujikura Ventus Red 7S
:callaway-small: Apex 21 3H 19º | Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 8S
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | Project X LX 6.0
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50, 54, 60 (Mid) | Project X LX 6.0
:EVNROLL: ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of today, 8/21/19 I'm an 11.9 index trending to 12.0. One of my primary golf goals has been to get to at least a 5 index and maintain it and my focus on that goal has slipped some as of

... Pay close attention to both ends of your game. If you diligently work on your short game it will help you go low when hitting the ball well and save your a$$ when you aren't. In my experience most

If I can get to single digits, anyone can! #noodlearms

Posted Images

Getting close. Don't try to force it now! 

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Forget chasing a handicap. Forget it and let it happen. Play golf. Do or learn whatever it takes (legally of course) to score par or better on most holes. Free your mind and you'll drop to single faster than you thought possible. Don't worry about your swing or what you think you look like playing golf. It doesn't matter. You don't have to submit a video of your game to hold a 5 hcp. You can do it. 🏌️‍♂️

• Like 4

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

5 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Forget chasing a handicap. Forget it and let it happen. Play golf. Do or learn whatever it takes (legally of course) to score par or better on most holes. Free your mind and you'll drop to single faster than you thought possible. Don't worry about your swing or what you think you look like playing golf. It doesn't matter. You don't have to submit a video of your game to hold a 5 hcp. You can do it. 🏌️‍♂️

Yes, it's possible... but dang, it's hard to stay there as I get older!!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This game is crazy [emoji23]

IMG_1449.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Progress!

848F88EB-6A0E-41EF-A3E3-92624D27939B.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 11:22 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

@mr.hicksta work on your short game, THAT is the key to lower scores and lower handicap.

I don't mean master using a 56/60* wedge, I mean master using whatever it takes to get the ball nearer the hole from around the green, if that means skulling a wedge at the balls equator, or using a hybrid to 'chip' then sobeit.

Secondly take the fear away from any putt under 8 feet, if any of them miss it's because it lips out, not because you missed the hole or came up short!

Do this young padewan and you'll be knocking on Mr Single figures door sooner than you think.

Good Luck.

This is some sound advise. I was just listening to episode 39 of No Putts Given and they were talking about wedges and grinds. I think this is the year I go wedge crazy. I’m going to focus very strongly in this area this year. 

• Like 2

WITB Cobra F9 Speed Back w/Fujikura Atmos x70 black, Cobra 🐍 Fly Z Pro Irons 4-PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60.04L(thanks MGS for the lesson), Ping Ketsch Putter, Ping Pioneer Bag, Tri Swivel II Cart.