Jump to content

All drivers equal nowadays?


Recommended Posts

On 10/23/2019 at 3:21 PM, BaldnBroke said:

Yep all drivers are created equal...

Except for the launch angles, the weight, the face shape, the head shape, the balance, the look, the sound, the feel.

Apart from those things, they are all identical.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk
 

Haha. I would say it this way. All drivers have the potential to be equal in performance if someone has the time, money, and help to optimize them. If you do not have the time money, or access to knowledge then, it is a bit more of a crap shoot as to which driver will be best. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Haha. I would say it this way. All drivers have the potential to be equal in performance if someone has the time, money, and help to optimize them. If you do not have the time money, or access to knowledge then, it is a bit more of a crap shoot as to which driver will be best. 

 

 

When I went for a fitting earlier this year there was a world of difference between drivers - primarily in dispersion then yardage and that was trying different shafts and settings. I tried hard to "fit" into a F-9 - but it just didn't work for me. The 410 was hands down best. I'll bet for others it's the Flash, etc. etc. 

  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

When I went for a fitting earlier this year there was a world of difference between drivers - primarily in dispersion then yardage and that was trying different shafts and settings. I tried hard to "fit" into a F-9 - but it just didn't work for me. The 410 was hands down best. I'll bet for others it's the Flash, etc. etc. 

I agree with this. I settled on the epic fash SZ after trying everything as well. Is it yards and yards better than anything else? No, but it was enough better for me. I would guess that is similar to you. Was the G410 20 yards longer than the F9? Probably not. It was just enough better to make you go with it. 

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

I agree with this. I settled on the epic fash SZ after trying everything as well. Is it yards and yards better than anything else? No, but it was enough better for me. I would guess that is similar to you. Was the G410 20 yards longer than the F9? Probably not. It was just enough better to make you go with it. 

Correct I didn't pick up 20 yds. But the dispersion was spot on for me.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tony@CIC said:

Correct I didn't pick up 20 yds. But the dispersion was spot on for me.  

Yeah, it is not always about distance. Many, including myself forget that at times.

  • Like 1

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they were all the same, a lot more people would be gaming a Wilson Cortex or whatever has the lowest price in the store. 

#speedholes 

  • Like 1

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler hybrids some combo of 2H-5H

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

:ping-small: G700 4i, Glide 2.0 54, 58*

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...