Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golf Pride MicroSuede grip

Fake Carl Spackler

I was lucky enough to be a pre-release tester for Golf Pride with the new MicroSuede grip, been using it for the past couple weeks on my driver.  Right now I use the Tour Wrap 2G, which I like for the tackiness.  The MicroSuede is just as grippy, but not in a sticky/tacky grip way, the new material just provides a lot of traction, as well as a nice soft feel.  The main draw for me in this grip is the moisture management.  Even in the height of a NC summer day with 90% humidity, no amount of sweat seemed to matter. I did also spray the grip with water to simulate rain, and it still maintains the same level of traction.  The Tour Wrap 2G on the other hand does tend to get a bit slippery with enough moisture, and in my experience the Tour Velvet variations do as well.  As far as durability goes, kind of too soon to tell, but I re-grip every year and if it's keeping with the trend with Golf Pride grips, they should be just fine.  If it does suddenly drop off a cliff and fall apart I will certainly update.

I plan on putting this grip on through the entire bag now that they are in stores, I definitely recommend at least checking it out if your local store has one on display.  

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

11 hours ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I was lucky enough to be a pre-release tester for Golf Pride with the new MicroSuede grip, been using it for the past couple weeks on my driver.  Right now I use the Tour Wrap 2G, which I like for the tackiness.  The MicroSuede is just as grippy, but not in a sticky/tacky grip way, the new material just provides a lot of traction, as well as a nice soft feel.  The main draw for me in this grip is the moisture management.  Even in the height of a NC summer day with 90% humidity, no amount of sweat seemed to matter. I did also spray the grip with water to simulate rain, and it still maintains the same level of traction.  The Tour Wrap 2G on the other hand does tend to get a bit slippery with enough moisture, and in my experience the Tour Velvet variations do as well.  As far as durability goes, kind of too soon to tell, but I re-grip every year and if it's keeping with the trend with Golf Pride grips, they should be just fine.  If it does suddenly drop off a cliff and fall apart I will certainly update.

I plan on putting this grip on through the entire bag now that they are in stores, I definitely recommend at least checking it out if your local store has one on display.  

These grips really caught my interest.  I have found that I generally like a wrap style grip, except when they get wet.  Keep us posted, I can see these being my new go-to.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

4 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

These grips really caught my interest.  I have found that I generally like a wrap style grip, except when they get wet.  Keep us posted, I can see these being my new go-to.

Just from the testing I've done with my driver, it definitely manages moisture much better than the 2G or the other wrap styles I've tried.  Rest of my grips are on order and should be here over the weekend, hoping to get them put on in time for my round on Sunday.

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

• 7 months later...

I used to use the White 2g wraps years ago. I loved them except as you said when they got wet. And summer humidity was not helping my grip pressure.

I just picked up a shaft that has the midsize wrap and I was thinking about getting the micro suede mid or std to try out with it. I typically play Lamkin Crossline grips now as they have been excellent performers for me in wet/dry conditions and durability.

How did the micro suede hold up over the fall? Did you end up doing your whole set? I might just have to try these on my driver and 5 wood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 1 month later...

Reporting back after almost a year of use.  They held up really well, wear seemed to be actually less than the regular Tour Wrap 2G.  Since I had them on the full set for almost a year and now that summer temps and humidity are in full swing here in NC, I regripped with micro suede again; they are still grippy even with sweaty hands/glove.  The new ones were slightly more grippy than the old worn out ones, but honestly you could clean moderately worn out ones with soap and water and a light scrub to get rid of the dust/dirt embedded in the grip, and once they dry they're close to new.  This is my new grip for the foreseeable future.

Cc @B.Boston @JohnSmalls

3 minutes ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

Reporting back after almost a year of use.  They held up really well, wear seemed to be actually less than the regular Tour Wrap 2G.  Since I had them on the full set for almost a year and now that summer temps and humidity are in full swing here in NC, I regripped with micro suede again; they are still grippy even with sweaty hands/glove.  The new ones were slightly more grippy than the old worn out ones, but honestly you could clean moderately worn out ones with soap and water and a light scrub to get rid of the dust/dirt embedded in the grip, and once they dry they're close to new.  This is my new grip for the foreseeable future.

Cc @B.Boston @JohnSmalls

Thanks for the update!   I completely forgot about these and was just reminded I definitely need to try them now

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I just regripped my whole set with these. Great feeling grips!

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce