GolfSpy MPR

How much change in your bag this season?

Finding what works (see thread for scoring rules)  

839 members have voted

1. 1. How many points do you get for keeping your bag consistent this season?

• 0-4: I change clubs more often than socks.
    • 5-8: Every piece of equipment is always on notice.
    • 9-12: Liking gear is part of liking golf.
    • 13-16: Steady-ish.
    • 17-20: I've found what works for me

majority of my bag has been consistent.

irons - p790 4i to pw

wedges - 52/56 vokey, 60 TM hi toe

putter - TM spider

shoes - jordans and nike tour

now for the changes

driver - went from TM M3 to Ping G400Max and finally to Cobra F9

FW - went from TM M4 HL to Cobra F9

Alright lets see if I can get this right.

Driver: I upgraded this year from the 2016 M2 (which I bought when my first son was born) to an M4 (which I bought because my 2nd son was born)

Putter: I went from the original Odyssey O-Works #7 to the new Odyssey Strokelab #7.

WITB

Driver: Taylormade M4 9.5*

FW: Taylormade M2 (2017) 15*

Hybrid: Titleist 915 19*

Irons: Taylormade RSI 1 4-SW

Wedge: Taylormade MG Milled 60*

Putter: Odyssey Strokelab #7 Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

All my woods, irons, and wedges have the Lamkin UTX Cord Midsize Grip.

I am looking at 14/20 points.  I have the same range finder and shoes for the past two years.  Changed balls mid-season and had to get a different glove last time because of a hole in the palm and they did not have the same glove in stock at the pro shop.

WITB.jpg

What if I've played the same clubs for the last two years?  Bonus points or revoking my club ho man card??😁😂😅

Only new thing is the Cleveland RTX 4 wedges I'm testing for MGS.  Same balls for the past several years (srixon z*stars) irons are still the Cobra F8's, fww and driver is also the F8's from last year's Cobra connect challenge. I've had the same 3 shoes for the past 4 years (although the Nike's are falling apart).  Purchased gloves in a bulk 10 pack quite a few years ago from the bay so I have plenty of them (a glove usually lasts a season for me unless I lose it).  Putter..rotated in an old putter for the last half of the season but before that the Bettenardi C03 had been in the bag for years so I figure I'm around 18.5/20

MDGolfHacker

Driver: Cobra F6 9.5

3wood: Cobra F6 14.5 

2H: Nike VR Pro 18 degrees

4H: Cobra F7 21.5 degrees

Irons: Wilson Staff V6 5-PW

Wedges: after bagging a mixed set of Nike VR and WS PMP, I went 52,56, and 60 on Cleveland Golf RTX 4

Putter: I switch between my Cleveland Elevado and a cheap lefty Wilson putter I found(I like to putt lefty every know and then)

Ball: Srixon ZStar

Device: some Nikon thing

Shoes: Puma Turfjoys or something...

Glove: $10 every month

• Like 1

Let's see... The only club changes I made this year were the wedges (thanks MGS & Bridgestone). I changed the ball once my supply of Snell MTB-Blacks ran out. Other than that, I've purchased 2 pairs of shoes (adding not replacing anything) and recently added SuperSpeed Golf to my bag. Everything else is the same.

So... 14 or 15/20 depending on whether SuperSpeed counts against me.

• Like 1

I replaced my whole bag early this season and kept it fairly consistent, changed shafts in the woods back to the Oban shafts I played previously and switched out wedges. 

That being said, I have a new set of Titleist irons and utility irons on order.

• Like 2

This feels unfair because I got approval from the wife to replace my entire bag this year (she gave me a check for Christmas that said "For: New Golf Clubs, Amount: A Bunch" 😂 ) but here goes: 

• Clubs - see signature for details
    • 3W, driving iron, and all three three wedges are unchanged from the end of last season (5 pts)
    • Driver: upgraded the head because of cosmetic damage, kept the same shaft (0.5 pts?). But I have another custom shaft on order, so... (-0.5 pts)
    • Putter: I did upgrade to EvnRoll, but I've been using putters designed by Guerin Rife for a few years now (used a Rife back in the day, switched to some other things for a few years, then discovered Guerin Tour Spec a couple years ago, using that until I picked up my EvnRoll). 
    • Irons: Same brand. Newer model. Better shafts (for me). Goal was to pick up a few yards - it worked. 
  • Bag: replaced over the winter, picking up a Vice Force because it's waterproof. Used it from day 1 this season, so technically a point. (1 pt)
  • Glove: I use a variety, but did not change this year -- I'm continuing to work down my stockpile of Under Armour, Vice, and Golf Gods gloves that I bought in bulk last year (1 pt)
  • Distance Device: Still have the Bushnell Hybrid GPS/Laser. I tried a bunch of tracking devices including a new one this year, but I'm off those for now, so it counts. (1 pt)
  • Ball: Again, a variety. Not anything I find (I usually just toss the found ones into the fairway for others to scoop up), but mostly consistent with the variety. I did try some new models this year though... (0 pts)
  • Shoes: Nope. I went through some new Pumas that I didn't like, picked up some True Linkswear (used more as casual than golf), and ultimately picked up two pairs of New Balance that mostly matched a pair I already had (1 Minimus, 1 Minimus SL). I'm pretty set on these now, so next year I should get the point. (0 pts)
  • Wildcard: I go through too many ball markers and similar accessories to take this point. This year I picked up a few things from Eyeline (swing and putter aids), tried GameGolf Pro, picked up some frivolous things like a Birdicorn, Happy Gilmore towels, and new headcovers. (0 pts)

Technically 8 points. It should be quite a bit higher next year. 

• Like 2

Driver- Srixon Z 785 w/ Hand Crafted HZRDUS Black replaced Mizuno JPX900 with Speeder Evolution II 569

3 Wood- Srixon Z F85 w/ Hand Crafted HZRDUS Red replaces Mizuno ST180.

Hybrids- Mizuno JPX 900 w/ Fujikura Pro (3&4). Still in the bag from the beginning of the year.

Irons- 5-PW. Bridgestone J15 CB. Favorite clubs of all time and never leaving my bag until they break.

Wedges- 50,54,58. Mizuno S18. Still in the bag. Was on the fence as I thought of trying glide 2.0 but staying with the Boron.

Putter- Machine putter. Not leaving the bag any time soon as well.

Bag- Ping Hoofer. Had for almost two years now. Great bag.

Glove- have no particular loyalty. Grab whatever and play

Ball- Bridgestone tour replaces chrome soft.

Summary- replaces driver, 3 wood and ball. This is actually the least amount of changes for myself in quite a while. Don’t see any changes for next year as well

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I'm at the high end of steady-ish. I went through a few different glove models, and after doing a ball test early in the year had a couple of ball changes before finding the current gamer. Everything else has been the same.

Now, I definitely have my fingers crossed for the G410 iron test that is about to announce. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

So my set has only had 1 club change this year.

Titleist 915 D2 replaced by Titleist TS2

Fairway: Titleist 915 F 18* (delofted to 17*)

Hybrids: Titleist 816 H1 23* and 21* (delofted to 20*)

Titleist 716 AP1s (5-W)

Vokey SM5 52* F grind, SM5 56* S grind

Cameron Futura M7X

Titleist Stand Bag

Ball: Titleist ProV1x, but just picked up some Bridgestone Tour BX to try 

2 Pairs of Addidas shoes 1 black, 1 gray... dont know the model