Maltenator

Golf Towels

There's too many on the market to choose from. Anyone have a specific brand they like to use? Looking for a clip on that I can take with me to the green to wipe my ball, hands, wedges. Not looking for a beach towel.

Sent from my SM-G975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

There's too many on the market to choose from. Anyone have a specific brand they like to use? Looking for a clip on that I can take with me to the green to wipe my ball, hands, wedges. Not looking for a beach towel.

The "waffle" type towels work well - available at big box golf stores. Our club pro shop has the same version but slightly pricier because of the embroidery. They seem to work better than the microfiber towels and definitely not bulky.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I like the waffle towels. Everything sticks to them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Club Glove comes with a big and small "personal" waffle towel.  The smaller one is like 10 x 8 or so and fits in your back pocket nicely.

• Like 5

I like the one that came with my Kraus stainless steel kitchen sink.  Its jet black (dosen't show dirt), just the right size, say's Kraus on it (which often prompts a question about Kraus irons), and was free 😀. I do have an Air Force logo bag towel NIB,  but holding onto it until this one is used up... could be awhile.

• Like 2

Not that particular about my towels. I have one that clips to the bag that I never take off. I I want another, I use a bigger towel and just put it between clubs so it doesn’t fall off. Some even have a loop to put around an individual club.

• Like 3

I also use the club glove 2 pack.  So much cheaper than similar towels with a golf logo.  As mentioned earlier the small towel fits in my back pocket.  I keep it damp for cleaning ball when on the green.

• Like 3

Club Glove comes with a big and small "personal" waffle towel.  The smaller one is like 10 x 8 or so and fits in your back pocket nicely.

This all day. I’ve been using the Club Glove pocket towel for years and it is perfect!
  • Like 3

When I worked on the ambulance, I loved how hospital towels were thin but had good texture. I took an extra one and it’s been on my bag for years.

If you ever take a ride on an ambulance, pay attention, they’re fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

When I worked on the ambulance, I loved how hospital towels were thin but had good texture. I took an extra one and it’s been on my bag for years.

If you ever take a ride on an ambulance, pay attention, they’re fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I think I'd rather spend a few bucks for a waffle towel vs. the ambulance ride - but thanks for the heads up

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I think I'd rather spend a few bucks for a waffle towel vs. the ambulance ride - but thanks for the heads up

That’s funny
  • Like 1

Believe it or not, I bought a handful of automotive hand towels, and I soak one before every round to wipe down my clubs and clean my ball with that I simply store in the cart, and grab when I go to the green.  Works great for cleaning everything.  I also have a clip on towel on my bag that I generally use to wipe off clubs, but I rarely use it because I have the auto towel doing double duty.  And with it being hot as balls in these parts, I keep a white bath towel in the back of the cart to wipe the sweat off of my brow.  That towel is strictly for that and on hot days it's a necessity.

But man, I've got so many towels I don't even know what to do with them all.  Just go with what works for whatever your circumstances are.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 7:19 PM, Maltenator said:

As mention by many the club glove two packs are nice. I also carry 1 or 2 of generic trifold towels with the grommet And the clip. The trifolds can completely cover a putter or wedge grip during early morning rounds when you need to walk to an approach side shot and lay one club in the grass while hitting. Oh and the frogger brand magnetic clips are nice. No fumbling with a snap hook. Just get the magnet close to the holder. Or to snag a club on the ground if necessary 😎

Edited by 3ironpunch
Spelling edit

A towel thread..........and I'm interested............I need to get out more😂

On saying that, I actually would like a small towel thats easily on/off my bag to take to the green as my fingers always end up 'rough' after cleaning the ball and club heads with them, then you have to wipe your hands on your trousers before putting. Can't believe I've never thought of a small towel for greenside use.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I found this on Amazon. Thought hell $9 if I don't like it I find a new one. I must say it has impressed me. Yes it's a tri-fold not my favorite, but it's not thick, and works super well. I unfolded it and clipped it on to my bag, as well as wetting part of the towel it will stay wet the whole round to help get stubborn dirt off your clubs. I got through my first 7 holes before realizing that the club I was playing at had ball/club washers on the rear wheel wells next to my bag, nice touch from them. It's super easy to get on and off, and comes in a load of different colors if you want to match your bag if you're a primadonna like me lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Mile-High-Life-Microfiber-Pattern/dp/B074N29W3C/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=golf+towel&psc=1&qid=1570619512&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-13

• Like 1

I already had one towel, and can't remember the brand and absolutely love it. It's like a tent, so the outside is for your hands, but on the inside one side is smooth, and the other has what can be described almost as mini bristles for cleaning balls, and club faces. I highly recommend it. I'll check the brand and post it when I get home tonight. 

A towel thread... ?? 

Maybe someone will cut one in half and inspect the fibers under a microscope. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, tony@CIC said:

The "waffle" type towels work well - available at big box golf stores. Our club pro shop has the same version but slightly pricier because of the embroidery. They seem to work better than the microfiber towels and definitely not bulky.

I think the "sold out" one on MGS store is of the waffle design.  It's cool looking and I'd like to get one, but really wish they would offer one in black. White towels just get too crappy looking to quickly.  Hope whoever from MGS staff that has a hand in store item decisions will consider this option.