Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

V-Harness - Review

V-Harness Review

IMG_3443.JPG

Introduction

Hello spies, I am reporting to you, once again, with a training that promises better ball striking: theV-Harness. By now, I'm sure you've all seen Rocco Mediate touting the wonders of this device, so let's get right into it:

IMG_3444.JPG

From the Manufacturer

At Foundation Golf our goal is to teach golf in the most fundamental yet simplistic way. To do this as a company, we realized it could only start with a solid foundation, hence our company name Foundation Golf…The final piece was someone who knows every facet of the game, the golf swing, and how to teach it correctly. No instructor in the game of golf has resurrected more champion golf swings than Jimmy Ballard. He is known as the pioneer of connection. In 1988 alone Ballard's "connection" method stimulated victories in four major international tournaments, starting with U.S. Open champion Curtis Strange, Masters champion Sandy Lyle, British Open champion Seve Ballesteros, and British amateur champ Christian Harden.

Now in 2010, Jimmy has launched the Connection method back into the golf world with a new and exciting way to learn how to swing fundamentally correct while feeling connection just as his PGA pros do with the "Vharness" by Foundation Golf. The Vharness is the most unique yet fundamentally sound training system to ever hit the golf world. The device not only shows you when your swing is incorrect but makes you feel it as well. Amazing, incredible, magnificent, genius, are just some of the words expressed by professionals and instructors since its launch.

Jimmy and the Vharness will now be linked as a staple point in golf instruction and the golfing world for years to come. With the Jimmy Ballard connection method in conjunction with the Vharness, beginners to PGA professionals will get the best of both worlds, understanding what is correct and how to feel what is correct. This is an elusive combination that even the greatest teachers have difficulty relating to their students.

The connection method is not instinctive, it needs to be learned and understood. Jimmy knew this long ago when he began his quest. He started his method in his early years as an 18 year old apprentice to mentor and PGA pro Sam Byrd. Byrd was an ex-Yankee baseball player turned PGA Touring pro. Jimmy knew you would need sound mechanics to execute the correct swing for golf, just as would be required for other sports where ball striking is involved such as baseball and tennis. Foundation Golf knew this as well, thus the Vharness was born. This link between legendary teacher and intuitive training device will transform the way golf is taught well into the 21st century.

IMG_3445.JPG

Ease of Use/Set Up – 20 Points

When you open up the V-Harness, you find the harness, bungee cord, and the ring that connects the cords to your club. The first thing that you need to do is size the harness correctly. This is not intuitive. You definitely need to read the instructions and watch the video to understand the way that the harness is supposed to fit. From there, you clip the bungee cords to the harness, slide the ring onto your club's grip, and clip the grip to the cords. If I made this sound quick and easy, it's not. Getting it sized correctly is not difficult, but trying to find the right amount of tension to have on the cord is a pain. I found that almost every time I put theV-Harness on I had to tinker with the tension to get it to feel right. I have no objection to needing to read the directions, but the constant need to tweak the fit makes me rate the ease of use fairly low.

Score: 14/20

IMG_3446.JPG

Effectiveness – 20 points

The concept behind theV-Harness is that if you keep the bungee cords tight throughout the swing, you will be “connected” and make a good swing. By “connected,” they mean that all the parts of the body work together in the correct sequence to produce an efficient motion. I was excited to try theV-Harness because being “connected” and making better use of my body is something that I have been working on with my golf teacher.

Unfortunately, my excitement faded quickly. First, there was the aforementioned issue with set up. The instructional video says that there should be one to two inches of tension when your arms are extended, but I found it difficult to know when it was set up perfectly.

Set up issues aside, I did not find the V-Harness to be very effective. In my opinion, what lies at the heart of any training aid is feedback. When I say feedback, I'm referring to some indication that you've done something correctly or incorrectly. For example, the Medicus breaks when swung poorly, and the Tour Striker produces shanks when you flip. These are clear forms of feedback that tell the golfer, “That was bad.” In my opinion, the V-Harness lacks this kind of clear feedback. If the golfer is unable to distinguish for themselves whether or not their arms were completely extended throughout the swing, I do not believe that the addition of bungee cords will help them get the sensation. I do appreciate that the cords make you work for the correct position which may help to ingrain that feeling, but this is minor compared to the lack of feedback.

Overall, I did not see much improvement through the use of the V-Harness. I have the advantage of being able to use GolfTEC's motion analysis hardware during my practice sessions, and I was able to confirm with data that the V-Harness did not improve my rotation or connection. I was equally apt to make a good or bad swing with the V-Harness on as without it, and, again, I was equally likely to make a good swing after using the V-Harness as I was before.

Score: 12/20

IMG_3487.JPG

Longevity – 20 points

I feel that the longevity of this device is very poor. Personally, after the first couple of range sessions, I really had to force myself to take it to the shop and continue working with it. If I felt that way, and I enjoy practicing, I have to believe the average golfer would be leaving this tool at home within a week. Moreover, wearing theV-Harness makes you look unusual (more on this later). Last I checked, looking funny was not high on most people's To-Do List, and it will probably discourage them from using this.

Score: 10/20

IMG_3571.JPG

IMG_3572.JPG

Value – 20 points

The model tested here was the V-Harness Tour which sells for $199. The Pro model, which is older, sells for $149. Both models are on the high end of the training aid market, and, given that I didn't find the V-Harness to be very effective, I don't think they are worth the money. On the plus side, there is a 30 day money-back guarantee, so you can try it for just the cost of shipping and handling.

Score: 10/20

IMG_3573.JPG

IMG_3574.JPG

The Peanut Gallery – 20 points

The very first comment about the V-Harness, from one of our PGA Professionals, was, “Is this some kind of S&M thing?” That comment foreshadowed the worst Peanut Gallery review to date. The most difficult thing about getting feedback on the V-Harness was getting people to try it. Whereas customer and co-workers were borrowing the Tour Striker regularly, I had to actively pursue people to get them to try the V-Harness. As referenced earlier, set-up can be time consuming, and many people got annoyed when they put it on and it had to be adjusted before they could use it.

When I did get people to use it or discuss the idea behind it, they appreciated the underlying concept, but echoed my sentiments about a lack of clear feedback.

Ultimately, the overarching thought from the Peanut Gallery was, “I won't use that, it looks silly.” Whether comparing me to Kevin Costner in Tin Cup (the scene where he's covered in training aids) or asking me if I was about to jump out of a plane, the Peanut Gallery made it clear that they were not impressed with the V-Harness.

Score: 5/20

IMG_3575.JPG

Final Thoughts

I think by this point it should be clear that I was disappointed by the V-Harness. My biggest issue was the lack of clear feedback, and, hence, lack of effectiveness. When coupled with a high price tag and a goofy appearance, that makes for a very low scoring training aid.

Score: 51/100

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Thanks Saternus I have to agree. The first thing I thought when I saw it on TV was that it was like a safety harness we strapped in with when I was welding on the top of concrete plants for me it would be too restrictive. In the 70s I tried that thing that was supposed to kep you from "chicken winging" it and found it too restrictive for me. I have to freewheel it chicken wing and all.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Good review. Is that Strong Bad in the background?

Haha, sharp eyes, buddy. Sophomore year of college my crew went as the entire Homestar Runner gang. I was Strong Bad, and the mask is still on the wall as a memento.

Thanks Saternus I have to agree. The first thing I thought when I saw it on TV was that it was like a safety harness we strapped in with when I was welding on the top of concrete plants for me it would be too restrictive. In the 70s I tried that thing that was supposed to kep you from "chicken winging" it and found it too restrictive for me. I have to freewheel it chicken wing and all.

I can see how some people would definitely bristle at the feeling of being restricted. That wasn't really my issue with it, but I can certainly understand the concern.

• 1 month later...

Matt,

I work for the Vharness and I have to say I am very disappointed with your review. Of course I am, I work the the company! would be your first response. But I am not disappointed because your review was critical of my product. Let me explain.

This is your email to us requesting a review of the Vharness:

Hello! My name is Matt Saternus, writer and author for MyGolfSpy.com. MyGolfSpy.com has become the fastest growing golf site and golf forum on the internet with close to 200,000 monthly readers. We are known for many things...one of those is reviewing products that our golfers would love us to try before they buy. We are emailing you to inquire about the opportunity to review your V Harness for our viewers and provide you with genuine product feedback on your merchandise on MyGolfSpy.com. We currently have a variety of golfers to put these products through real-world tests to get an honest and valuable review out to our subscribers. How can this benefit your organization? We have performed product reviews and feedback for many industry leading companies: Nike, Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade, Titleist, Solus, Bobby Grace, Slotline, Cobra, and other. Our traffic has created more buzz and sent more visitors to their websites, converting into increased sales of their merchandise and related products. We realize your company is likely performing very well and we do not promise increased sales, however we do promise a great deal of exposure for your product through our web venture. Many of the companies' products we have reviewed have noticed our weight in gold on the internet. We out perform their search results organically and showcase their brand and products throughout our articles. We work diligently to provide quality content and improve our search rankings for various search engines: Google, Yahoo, and Bing!. I believe this could be an incredible medium to promote your merchandise, brand, and likely add additional revenue to your bottom line. If you believe this could be a possibility, please get back in touch with me and let's make some arrangement to put your brand on our site. Talk to you soon, Matt Saternus

So at no cost to you, you received a free Vharness to review. Yes we are nice guys, or suckers in this case, and sent you a Vharness free of charge. (To other readers don't request this because we no longer do it!) It seems like you had two main complaints about the Vharness, first was that it "looked silly" (to me this seemed like your main complaint) and the other was that you didn't get feedback from the Vharness. The latter claim is a valid complaint if that is what you felt, the former is rather childish and does not reflect the efficacy of a product, the comfort of someone using it, maybe, but efficacy; not at all.

You said

Medicus breaks when swung poorly, and the Tour Striker produces shanks when you flip

Yes and the cords from the Vharness go slack. The problem was that you were using the black cords which have less tension than the white cords, if you used the white cords you would have felt tension, then when you broke down it would have been slack and there would be a loss of tension. But you didn't mention that. You can hear people talking about what that feels like here.

Most people after using the Vharness get a sensation that their club feels very light- its like its not even in their hands, this is because the Vharness works the golf muscles in an isometric fashion. This allows for improved club head speed and greater distance. But the great thing is because people are getting better extension, they can hit the ball further with the same or less club head speed. Yes this is possible, and we have the results to prove it.

That being said, you didn't mention a lot of things about the Vharness. For instance- it is the only training aid you have reviewed that you actually hit your own clubs; not just one, all of your own clubs- from driver to putter. If you add that up on price value, and you wanted to buy the Medicus or the tour striker it would be much more expensive, or you pain would not be able to do it.

You also did not mention that you can chip, pitch, putt and take half swings with the Vharness. You can hit driver, or practice sand shots. You might say it doesn't matter because you didn't like it in the first place, and that is true it seems like you just didn't like it at all. O.K. Fine we are all entitled to our opinions, and some people just don't like the product so they do a lousy review on it; but you should still mention its positive attributes in order for the review to be fair.

To your surprise we have many customers who report back daily how much the Vharness has helped their game. For some people it helps chipping, for some it helps distance, some accuracy, some just use it to strengthen their muscles and warm up. One gentlemen improved from shooting in the 120's to the high 80's low 90's consistently in just two seasons working with the Vharness, so obviously despite what you may think the Vharness has merit.

But what really annoyed me, and I wouldn't have written this if you hadn't done this was--- YOU SOLD IT. Yes you actually sold the free Vharness that we gave you to review. You can see that link here.

You can say- yea but we gave it to you, so it was yours to do with as you please- sure you can say that and maybe that's the truth. But- and you might not know this yet as a 27 year old, but there is something called ethics, professionalism, and class- none of which have been displayed by you in this review. I am not only disappointed with your review, I am disappointed with mygolfspy.com for letting someone who would write a review like this on their staff. They usually have great stuff and it just wasn't the case this time. Reviews should be fair and should give both sides of the story which this did not. If you don't like it, O.K. just write a fair review.

If you are interested in the Vharness go to vharness.com and click on the testimonials page to see 20 different reviews from golfers of all ages and skill levels as they review the Vharness.

In the interest of keeping this post to a manageable size I am not going to quote your response, but I will try to address all of your concerns about the review. If I fail to address something, please let me know.

1) You seem to be under the impression that this review was somehow not thorough. Admittedly, in the interest of brevity and readability, I did not spell out my testing procedures in the review. Here is the process I use for every training aid that I review (some comments specific to the V-Harness): I tested the V-Harness five days a week for over two weeks. Each session lasted between thirty and sixty minutes. During many of these sessions I had supervision and input from three different PGA Teaching Professionals. I used both the black and white cords. I hit full shots as well as half shots and pitches. As I did mention in the review, I also tested the V-Harness while using GolfTEC's motion analysis hardware to see if the V-Harness improved my rotation or “connectedness,” and I found that it did not. Finally, I had other people, including the aforementioned PGA Professionals, test the V-Harness.

2) The fact that the V-Harness looks unusual was not a major complaint - lack of efficacy and difficulty of set up were. The appearance of the V-Harness was mentioned most often in the Peanut Gallery section because that is the comment that I received most from the other golfers and PGA Professionals. To report that people said things other than what they actually said is not something that I will ever do.

If the device was effective, I wouldn't care what it looks like. Since I did not find it effective, the appearance was more of a nail in the coffin. I feel that was made fairly clear in the review and you are attempting to twist what I have written to damage the review's credibility and suit your purposes.

3) I did sell the V-Harness when I was finished testing it. I have no qualms about doing so. I keep some of the gear I review, I give away some of it, and I sell some of it. You seem to think that you're calling me out by posting this, but does it not seem clear that, since I sold it under the same username I had here, that I am not embarrassed by it?

MyGolfSpy does not take advertising dollars from OEMs because we are focused on unbiased reviews. If MGS took money from OEMs, as the golf magazines do, MGS could pay its writers (myself, Dave, etc) and we could return the gear we test like the golf magazines do. Our business model is different. Basically, the writers here are paid for the time and effort that they put into their work with gear. That gear is theirs to do with as they please.

Also, for what it's worth, taking a shot at my age is exceptionally childish. If you find my actions bothersome, talk about my actions. Judging someone by their age makes no more sense than judging them by their race, ethnicity, income level, etc.

4) Finally, and most importantly, it seems very clear based on what you wrote that you believe that sending a free V-Harness to me entitles you to a good review. That is simply not how MyGolfSpy works. Would it be easier to run a site that raves about every piece of gear that they review? Absolutely. Would we have any credibility? Absolutely not. That is simply not a trade that we are willing to make. We are always going to test things objectively and exhaustively and then report honestly.

Matt I'm sorry that your angry, but the fact remains that your review was very one sided is evident by merely reading it, I didn't have to "try" and do anything; you did that on your own. I'm glad to see that you actually used the Vharness more than once and gave it a fair assessment, which was all I expected from the review despite your accusations.

Once again, the fact that you did not find the Vharness effective is OK, every person is different and as in your case you did not like it, sometimes it happens; everyone is entitled to their opinions. We have found it happens in less than five percent of our customers but it is exactly why we give a thirty day no questions asked money back guarantee.

Even though you didn't like it that doesn't excuse you from evaluating the positive attributes of the Vharness as well as the aspects that you didn't like. Sadly you only reported on the latter. What you don't understand is that the Vharness does not force you to do anything. So if you don't try and learn where the Vharness wants you to be and make an effort to get there, then your swing won't change. There have been other devices out there that simply restrict your motion and "make" you do something different. The vharness does not do that. Rather it shows you where you are suppose to be, and once you get there- on your own- it ingrains the muscle memory into your swing and gives you resistance to help keep your radius and stay connected. Since this is something you have to work for instead of something you are being forced to do it will allow you to get over the weird feeling of a new swing faster and allow you to improve quicker while providing feedback on what you are doing wrong. This is very simple, if the cords break down you are not staying connected and you do not have the proper width and extension in your swing. And this is also very clear, you can see and feel when the cords break down.

That being said I found it funny that the only characteristic about your post that you challenged me on was your age. But to be honest I brought it up because I think it has a lot to do with your post. Whenever you attack someone the way you did with a flippant review, you are attacking their livelihood and you need to be able to back it up. You did not do this, but you will learn this as you mature- hopefully. Writing negative or critical review does not make you look smart or make your review seem more exhaustive or honest as you have said, rather it shows the character of the reviewer. And besides it's just bad karma.

If you actually pointed out all of the positive aspects- you can use your own clubs, you can hit balls with it, you can actually use it on the golf course, you can use it with any swing driver, mid irons, short irons, half wedge shots, chipping, sand shots, and even putting (if you can fit the adapter on your putter), the club feels really light after taking ten swings with it because you are actually working your golf muscles, you can see and feel the cords breakdown when you are swinging etc. and then if you were actually humble and said something like "I really tried to make it work but regrettably it just didn't help me", then I would be in trouble because I would have nothing to say about it.

But that is not what you did, and obviously if you try and say those things now it will seem contrived- so I wouldn't. The fact is that many people have found the Vharness to be effective. Here are a couple of the many testimonials we have received.

I have been teaching the game to golfers of all ages and abilities for ten years, and this IMHO is the best "gadget" out there. It doesn't necessarily force you to make a "perfect" swing, after all, there's no such thing. However, it DOES, when used properly, force you to make the same motion over and over again. Nobody ever said it had to be pretty, but it does have to repeat itself. If you don't already have one, it will help quite a bit.

I received the vharness in January and the weather was to bad to swing outside. I used it in the living for about a month and half. I had a 16 handy cap and after 3 months of using the vharness, a least twice a week I have lowered my handy cap to a 9. This is the greatest swing device I have ever bought and I have bought several. Everyone wanting to play better golf needs to purchase the harness. Thanks Rocco!! Bill Johnson Magnolia Texas

I'm sorry the Vharness didn't work for you, but despite your review it is a very effective swing training device, and many people regardless of age or skill level have seen dramatic improvement in their golf game from using it. Learn more about the Vharness here. I know your not going to let me have the last word but I will- so have at it hoss.

• SPY VIP

I think Matt has put your training aid through a more in-depth review then any other article I have seen done of the V-Harness. I think you would be hard pressed to find another blog or forum that was willing to devote this amount of time on a single training aid review.

Testing Process:

• Tested the V-Harness five days a week for over two weeks (30-60 min. sessions)
  • Got input from 3 different PGA Teaching Professionals
  • Tested the V-Harness while using GolfTEC's motion analysis hardware
  • Had other PGA Professionals test the V-Harness and return with their verdict

I stand by Matt's review and also feel as if this would have been a positive review of your product you would surely not have brought any of your claims to light. I do understand that when you send in product for a review, manufacturers and employees of those companies are used to getting positive reviews and often expect that to be the case. However, we feel this does not give the consumer a true informed decision about the product being reviewed on MGS. I am sorry you have a differing of opinion, however it does not change the fact that we put it through our typical training aid review process and this was the end result.

#TruthDigest

Great review Matt. Another reason I love reading your reviews, you THOROUGHLY test things!

One of the reasons I like MGS, real reviews. We don't get paid to say nice fluffy things, but rather to give honest feedback.

1) You seem to be under the impression that this review was somehow not thorough. Admittedly, in the interest of brevity and readability, I did not spell out my testing procedures in the review. Here is the process I use for every training aid that I review (some comments specific to the V-Harness): I tested the V-Harness five days a week for over two weeks. Each session lasted between thirty and sixty minutes. During many of these sessions I had supervision and input from three different PGA Teaching Professionals. I used both the black and white cords. I hit full shots as well as half shots and pitches. As I did mention in the review, I also tested the V-Harness while using GolfTEC's motion analysis hardware to see if the V-Harness improved my rotation or “connectedness,” and I found that it did not. Finally, I had other people, including the aforementioned PGA Professionals, test the V-Harness.

Funny how the v-harness rep conveniently ignores this section of Matt's reply. He used the tool with PGA professionals and it didn't work for him. What more does the rep want?

I just read a review of a golf aid at MGS where a pro takes the aid from the staff member and used it in his lessons. I think it was the momentus speed whoosh review.

I think the v-harness rep just hurt his cause more than helped it.

when I was playing college golf my coach used to have me hit balls with a rubber hose around my back and bicepts. it wasnt the easiest drill to perform but it really helped my arms sync up with my body and made for a more consistant swing. I think that is the general principal behind this training aid so if you really want to try this go get $2 worth of rubber hose from home depot, tie it in a loop and swing with it around your torso.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Matt has put your training aid through a more in-depth review then any other article I have seen done of the V-Harness. I think you would be hard pressed to find another blog or forum that was willing to devote this amount of time on a single training aid review.

Testing Process:

• Tested the V-Harness five days a week for over two weeks (30-60 min. sessions)
  • Got input from 3 different PGA Teaching Professionals
  • Tested the V-Harness while using GolfTEC's motion analysis hardware
  • Had other PGA Professionals test the V-Harness and return with their verdict

I stand by Matt's review and also feel as if this would have been a positive review of your product you would surely not have brought any of your claims to light. I do understand that when you send in product for a review, manufacturers and employees of those companies are used to getting positive reviews and often expect that to be the case. However, we feel this does not give the consumer a true informed decision about the product being reviewed on MGS. I am sorry you have a differing of opinion, however it does not change the fact that we put it through our typical training aid review process and this was the end result.

Being a PGA Professional and Instructor I can safely say less than 10% of us really know or teach a connected swing.

This is a fact - even many of the highly regarded instructors are smoke an mirrors, snake oil salesman. If you arm swing, set wrists, stay on left side, keep your left arm straight, keep your head down, etc. you will not get good feedback from the harness. I've used this for about a year and it has produced amazing results with my students. The problem with most instructor thoeries involve the arm swing and how it should feel. The Vharness get you to hit with your body, not your arms. If you try to use misguided swing thoeries, it won't work. It gets you to use your body properly and the contact will improve.

Good review Matt. Thank you.

Vharness: it is you that looks childish.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Being a PGA Professional and Instructor I can safely say less than 10% of us really know or teach a connected swing.

This is a fact - even many of the highly regarded instructors are smoke an mirrors, snake oil salesman. If you arm swing, set wrists, stay on left side, keep your left arm straight, keep your head down, etc. you will not get good feedback from the harness. I've used this for about a year and it has produced amazing results with my students. The problem with most instructor thoeries involve the arm swing and how it should feel. The Vharness get you to hit with your body, not your arms. If you try to use misguided swing thoeries, it won't work. It gets you to use your body properly and the contact will improve.

I agree with your assertion about golf instruction in general. However, Matt's review was written for the MGS audience. It seems to me that you are saying the V-Harness is effective when used in conjunction with a good instructor. If that is the case, it kind of discounts the value of the V-Harness. Alternatively, it may be that the V-Harness needs better instructions and/or video or something else to help the average golfer attain better results with the VH.

Matt I'm sorry that your angry, but the fact remains that your review was very one sided is evident by merely reading it, I didn't have to "try" and do anything; you did that on your own. I'm glad to see that you actually used the Vharness more than once and gave it a fair assessment, which was all I expected from the review despite your accusations.

Once again, the fact that you did not find the Vharness effective is OK, every person is different and as in your case you did not like it, sometimes it happens; everyone is entitled to their opinions. We have found it happens in less than five percent of our customers but it is exactly why we give a thirty day no questions asked money back guarantee.

Even though you didn't like it that doesn't excuse you from evaluating the positive attributes of the Vharness as well as the aspects that you didn't like. Sadly you only reported on the latter. What you don't understand is that the Vharness does not force you to do anything. So if you don't try and learn where the Vharness wants you to be and make an effort to get there, then your swing won't change...... I know your not going to let me have the last word but I will- so have at it hoss.

There is an old saying that when you are digging yourself into a hole the best thing you can do it to drop the shovel. To be brutally honest all I see here is whining. If you really want to make an impression, call Matt, ask for some videos of his sessions and critique them. Perhaps as someone has implied (or at least led me to infer), the problem may be Matt's application of the V-Harness. If that is the case, you can not only make one hell of an impression on MGS readers, but also improve your instructions for future V-Harness buyers.

Matt has obviously put a lot of his time and energy into this review and I can assure you he has a hell of a lot more credibility than do you.

I agree with your assertion about golf instruction in general. However, Matt's review was written for the MGS audience. It seems to me that you are saying the V-Harness is effective when used in conjunction with a good instructor. If that is the case, it kind of discounts the value of the V-Harness. Alternatively, it may be that the V-Harness needs better instructions and/or video or something else to help the average golfer attain better results with the VH.

My point on instructors is the there is a lot of smoke and mirrors out there - "you will get worse before better.." etc in instruction and a ton of myths and common thoughts that make no sense physically when you try to impart them into practice. The VHarness allows you to move your body properly and this is why it may feel weird to some at first but it truly allows the player to repeat the motion - you must watch the DVD however. Jimmy Ballard and Rocco Mediate really put fundamentals into focus.

My point on instructors is the there is a lot of smoke and mirrors out there - "you will get worse before better.." etc in instruction and a ton of myths and common thoughts that make no sense physically when you try to impart them into practice. The VHarness allows you to move your body properly and this is why it may feel weird to some at first but it truly allows the player to repeat the motion - you must watch the DVD however. Jimmy Ballard and Rocco Mediate really put fundamentals into focus.

OK, fair point. My position is that Matt seems to be motivated, far more knowledgeable than the average golfer, yet found the V-Harness wanting. There are several aids competing for the golf dollar. I cannot opt to buy and devote myself to SonicGolf, the V-Harness, Tour Striker, et.al. all at once. Every time I buy a training aid, I seem to conclude the money would have been better spent with my instructor.

• 10 years later...