Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Anyone Using Golfshot GPS?

I have it, but I've never used it... I seem to collect golf apps and never use them... one of these days I need to get out and try a few...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I have it, but I've never used it... I seem to collect golf apps and never use them... one of these days I need to get out and try a few...

Please do, loved to hear what you think about it.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

LOL. I do that also. Constantly in search of something to save me from paying $50 annually to Skycaddie for a subscription.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

From using the Golf Logix for Iphone, I know that it eats batteries. You really need an auxiliary battery pack. I think the GL might be a little more accurate, but I have not used the Golfshot.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• 2 months later...

I use it on my iPhone all the time and have since fall of 2009. It gives me pretty good GPS accuracy and I check it with my Bushnell hand held if I am not sure and it is usually a yard or two off. What I like is the statistics it saves for me and the percentage of fairways hit and putts per round. I don't have it on all the time and use less than 30% of battery per round and can get 36 holes easily.

I actually prefer GolfCard as it has more capabilities and is cheaper.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 1 month later...

I have it and use it all the time, I think since I've updated to OS 4 the battery life is better, I used to lock the phone at certain times in bewteen holes, like our 9th is a par 3, so after I got the yardage at the tee I would lock it, have lunch, then the 10th is a par 4, I would turn it back on when after I've hit off the tee.

The stats are great, I think the distances are pretty well spot on, worth the money. Viewti 2010 offers alot more stats, haven't used it though. Only thing I wish Golfshot had were stats for approach shots. It only lets you do hit, left, right, stats on your tee shot, not approach.

Note: After I updated the gps was moving all over the place, I'd be standing and over the space of 5mins it would be moving 10y long then 5 short. I emailed and got a response to do a hard reboot, holding home key and power button. It fixed the problem up. So I guess if it's not behaving try that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded it it, and I will be using it on my Myrtle Trip Wednesday the 21st!!!

I will be doing a review. I also bought a battery back up case to make sure I have the juice!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Just downloaded it it, and I will be using it on my Myrtle Trip Wednesday the 21st!!!

I will be doing a review. I also bought a battery back up case to make sure I have the juice!!

Just as a recommendation, I would set up all you account info, load all the players names and courses you plan on playing ahead of time. Not that it is time consuming, it is just easier when you are sitting on the couch... plus, on the course you don't want to be monkeying with that stuff...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Golfshot (non-GPS version) is FREE and its incredible for keeping score and stats. I use it and every time my round is over, it sends me an email with a visual scorecard and stats for the round. Plus it keeps your lifetime stats online at golfshot.com. Again this is all free.

SARGE BLOG: Helping people win the internet since the day I started helping people win the internet.

• 3 weeks later...

I started using this app about a month ago. I sold my Skycaddie SG5. I love it. I would suggest turning off bluetooth, dim the brightness, and make sure your phone's location services is set to ON. Set all program location services to off individually other than golfshot. With my iPhone 4 setup this way with a full battery I can EASILY make it through a 4hr+ round without killing the battery.

• 8 months later...

Started using golfshot about 3 mo ago and love it. My buddy has a golf GPS and golfshot is always within 1-2 yards.

Playing partners love to get there scores via e-mail. Does use alot of battery power just remember to turn off things you don't need. I use it on an HTC evo

I downloaded it for HTC Desire, tried it on one hole and it worked great. Next thing I gotta do is try it out for the whole round.

Golfcard didn't have my home course, so I went for Golfshot. Unfortunately the Google satellite pictures are still old and you can't see the golf course, but all I need it the yardage.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I use Golf Logix for my iPhone. It has a free option that gives to the center. You have to pay for the extra yardages...

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• 8 months later...

Best app out there, IMHO. I would prefer a drawn course overview over the satellite pictures, but that's just personal preference. At $29.99 with no annual fee it's just not beatable. I tried Golf Logix originally and liked the app, but no way was I going to pay their annual fee ($19.99). I had missed the ability to log each of my shots so I could have accurate distance information for each club, but Golfshot added that with the last update, so I'm happy as can be now.

Of course if they ever decide to go to an annual fee that may change my mind, but until then, it's the best golf app out there as far as I'm concerned.

• 1 month later...

I have used it for almost a year. I really like it. The battery on my iphone lasts 18 holes no problem, but I think it would not last 36.....

Have played quite a few different courses with it, so far it seems to have them all.

Accuracy is what you would expect. GPS is good, not quite as accurate as laser rangefinder

if the target is visible.

I also have Golfplan and Golfplan syncs with Golfshot. Golfplan had a problem when iOS was updated, but tech support has fixed it now.

I dont use the Golfscape feature, I tried it once and it was buggy.

• 3 months later...

I have now used quite a few apps, and at this point, I would say that despite it's issues, GolfShot GPS is the best of the iPhone products out there. That said however, it really shines on the iPad.

I used GolfShot first on the phone and while it was functional and usable, I found that I spend too much time 'fiddling' with it to also keep stats. It boils down to too much information to manage on such a small screen. The iPad, kept in the cart or on the pull cart presents a better user interface, better battery life and a generally better tool.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I have used golfshot for 2 years. Love it. Also have golf plan and golfscape. Golfscape is neat but I hardly use it.

Golfshot is also good for tracking your club distances.

What's my Handicap? Just look in my Golf Bag. Every club in there is my handicap.

Archived