Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

ULTIMATE REVIEW! - Titleist 910D2 Driver

• SPY VIP

Titleist-910-d2-review-1.jpg

ULTIMATE REVIEW! - Titleist 910D2 Driver

Take this for what it is, one guy's opinion, but Titleist has been lost in the driver doldrums the last several years. Don't get me wrong, the 905 Series was fantastic. I still own a 905T, and it still holds up very well against many of the newer drivers on the market today. Then came the 907 series, and for many the release, particularly the D1 which marked Titleist first real attempt at a more forgiving driver, was a disappointment. The 907 was followed by the 909, which marked the first time, with their DComp model, that Titleist had produced a composite crowned driver. While my sense of things is that the 909 was generally well received (and anecdotally it was one of the longest drivers in recent memory), there really wasn't much of what you might call buzz about it.

Enter the Titleist 910 Series:

Unlike the 909, the buzz leading up to the release of Titleist's 910 series of drivers, fairway woods, and hybrids, was nothing less then deafening. Until TaylorMade's R11 was announced, the 910 was THE hot club for 2011. And with the 910 series came some changes to the lineup. Like the triangular D1 before it, it appears that the composite DComp has disappeared as suddenly as it arrived. The new D3, features all titanium construction and a 445cc head. The D2 model we tested features a standard 460cc head. Both are .5° open. Titleist claims the 910 series it's the most technologically advanced driver they've ever made (would you expect anything different). The literature says the face has a 15% larger maximum ball speed area, which we think means you don't have to be dead center to be long.

READ THE FULL REVIEW

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Nice review guys!

Though I have to say, my findings are a bit a different. I've actually not found the driver long at all (there's a number of them that out distance it for me). What I have found though is that it's exceptionally accurate, my FIR's have doubled with the 910 over the S2 are a 3rd more then the Razr Hawk.

I'd actually say that with the D2 (and the 910F and 910H) Titleist has taken a pretty big step towards providing a club that exceptional players can use but so can the hacks like me.

Side note: I've also found the 910F/H not terribly long either, but both seem to be exceptionally accurate and quite forgiving

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

Nice review guys!

Though I have to say, my findings are a bit a different. I've actually not found the driver long at all (there's a number of them that out distance it for me). What I have found though is that it's exceptionally accurate, my FIR's have doubled with the 910 over the S2 are a 3rd more then the Razr Hawk.

I'd actually say that with the D2 (and the 910F and 910H) Titleist has taken a pretty big step towards providing a club that exceptional players can use but so can the hacks like me.

Side note: I've also found the 910F/H not terribly long either, but both seem to be exceptionally accurate and quite forgiving

I can't say I'm shocked to hear that. My belief is this head is capable of putting up big numbers, but as much, if not more than any driver I've ever hit, it needs to be paired with the right shaft. Of course, that kind of tradeoff could risk accuracy, and while I'd love to hit it 285 all day long, I'd be infinitely better off with 245 and better accuracy.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

I would agree with that. When I was doing the Titleist fitting we were talking about the type of game I like to play which generally includes taking the safe and consistent route which influenced which shaft I used. The RIP for example was 23 yards longer then the Kai'li but lost a bit of the accuracy. Unfortunately when I was doing the fitting for it none of the non-stock shafts were on hand to try. I'm not unhappy with it by any strech but I feel the stock shafts while good, leaves some performance on the table.

That being said it's still my favorite driver of the year so I can't complain too much.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Great review, as always. I was pleasantly surprised to see that players of varying ability levels were able to hit this pretty long and straight. I agree with you 100% that the wrong shaft in this club could be a disaster, but one thing I do love is that Titleist has so many "stock" options.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Awesome review as always.I really enjoy your reviews.

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

It would be awesome to have a comparison review between the Titleist or the Adams and the new R11 SF 2.0 or RAZR Driver, since I'm tired of hearing people praise the hype behind the R11.

I ain't saying it might not be a great driver but it would be great to see if it really is anything better than the other brand's offerings....

• SPY VIP

The Callaway RAZR Hawk driver is the next review in the pipeline (it should post next week). As it stand right now, we won't be reviewing the R11, but that's a whole other story...

Little frosty with TM right now eh? Unfortunate.

I'm looking forward to the RH review though. A have a few friends with it who swear it's the best driver they've hit in the past 5 years. Seems like a pretty heady claim to me but we'll see.

Archived