Big money

USGA stymied ?

Posted (edited)

This just shows me the USGA is getting desperate and ‘pulling straws’ drumming up new players.They can see many an area is noticing loss -major to medium- of people playing this game.Its just how the times of the world are now.Unfortunately, golf has really taken a back seat in society now a days.Priorities for so many have changed and just doesn’t allow a spot for golf in their busy schedules.Cant force people into the game.Which is basically what they are doing now

Edited by Big money

17 minutes ago, revkev said:

We are considering instituting an elementary school policy, no homework in exchange for an hour of outdoor play daily - seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I kind of like that. I have some teachers in the family and as friends and many hate the concept of homework these days. It’s not used to reinforce the subject matter but more so to occupy time and make it feel like it’s helping but doesn’t really help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I kind of like that. I have some teachers in the family and as friends and many hate the concept of homework these days. It’s not used to reinforce the subject matter but more so to occupy time and make it feel like it’s helping but doesn’t really help

Lots of study show that homework is counter productive at the elementary school level - Middle School and High School are different.  We are parlaying that into what would be very productive for our scholars - learning to incorporate physical activity into one's life style at an early age.

• Like 2

We are considering instituting an elementary school policy, no homework in exchange for an hour of outdoor play daily - seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You need to tell grammar school kids to go out and play???

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy