449 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite design!

• 3-Putt King
    • 3 Foot Putts are Dropping
    • Shark Head
    • RIP Chubbs
    • Birdie Time
    • Sock

How about a little something, ya know, for the effort?

1800841058_HeyLama.thumb.png.07ec259184652bd502cdc522f16ad329.png

*note - all of my designs can be provided as vector art

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

This isn't Nam... there are rules

10422423_THEDUDE.thumb.png.bb0318ae884547dfd3a605e8211890e1.png

BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS

Hey guys, I know it's not great, but here it is. My design for the contest is a links style golf course with Floridian influences on a white vinyl/leather background; on the top, it reads "PUTT" in all black. This is a subtle nod to the fact that it is a putter cover (lol). 

I think that my design should win because it is unique, and I have never seen anything like it on a cover before. I hope it wins, largely for the fact that getting a line of designs out there with my name related to it would be awesome, especially as a junior golfer. I mostly just want to share my ideas with all of you, and I hope that, even if my design isn't chosen, that you use it later down the road. (This is also written consent to use this design at a later date without communication or giving me a portion of profits [not that it is likely to happen]).

Thank you for your consideration!

Putter_Cover.png

you all are waaaay more creative than me.  I am loving scrolling through the pages and looking at all the great ideas!  I would buy a few of these.  Keep it up!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

peace in a cup

1644179522_PeaceCup2.thumb.png.7485e4e290c6ca289a31687ae9508179.png

Ok so this one is from one of my favourite movies Caddy Shack. The old Billy Baroo putter with the beautiful purple sleeve over it is the inspiration.

Putter Cover Original Billy Baroo.jpg

Cobra F6+ Driver

V-Steel 4 Wood

Titliest 916H Rescue Wood

Ben Sayers 2 Iron

Mizuno MP5 Irons

Cleveland Zip Core Wedges, 58, 54, 50degree

Original Odssey 2 Ball Putter 

This one is a favourite of mine. I have attempted to do the alligator from Happy Gilmore. My alligator has some features added to it to correspond to the movie like the missing eye that Chubb's took, Chubb's Hand and the golf ball that Happy attempted to retrieve in the end up. I didn't want to add any text as I don't think there was anything to add to make him better. A nice menacing addition to any golf bag I think. R.I.P. Chubby. I hope that my image is correct and the effect that I was going for can be achieved. 

Putter Cover Original Chubbs Alligator.jpg

Cobra F6+ Driver

V-Steel 4 Wood

Ben Sayers 2 Iron

Mizuno MP5 Irons

6 hours ago, Tsecor said:

When does the contest close?

I have been wondering that for days now. I just decided to do anther two tonight as there is no sign of it closing. They said 2 weeks but that was Monday past so when the actual time is who knows?

Cobra F6+ Driver

V-Steel 4 Wood

Ben Sayers 2 Iron

Mizuno MP5 Irons

As of this post, entries are closed and the team is reviewing for a winner. Thanks to everyone who submitted artwork for this challenge. This was an entertaining read and really showed just how talented this member base is. 

Good luck!

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

As of this post, entries are closed and the team is reviewing for a winner. Thanks to everyone who submitted artwork for this challenge. This was an entertaining read and really showed just how talented this member base is. 

Good luck!

Do each of the finalists get their own headcover sent to them?

Do each of the finalists get their own headcover sent to them?

IMG_0357.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

IMG_0357.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for your circles and underlines, but that's not what I asked. 

I was referring to all finalists receiving the one copy of their headcover. Per this:

Step 3: After approximately two weeks, all submissions will be narrowed down to 4-6 final designs. PRG will then create one-off headcovers of each final design.

45 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Thanks for your circles and underlines, but that's not what I asked. 

I was referring to all finalists receiving the one copy of their headcover. Per this:

Step 3: After approximately two weeks, all submissions will be narrowed down to 4-6 final designs. PRG will then create one-off headcovers of each final design.

I hope so, but I don't think that it was explicit. I doubt that PRG would make a headcover for each final design and not use it; I think that they will only make actual covers of the final pick. Just my guess though...

13 minutes ago, GolfSpyC said:

Thanks to the most active, passionate and engaged forum in the business!

We've narrowed it down to 4-6 final designs which will be announced shortly.

Here's what happens next:

1) Each finalist will receive a one-off copy of that individual design.

2) A final winning design will be decided via voting on social media, etc.

Stay tuned!!!

Oh man, this is exciting stuff

Very talented and creative spies here, good luck to everybody

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

It's fun to see all the designs on paper but even cooler to see them made up. Can't wait to see the results. Good luck guys. 

Cobra F6+ Driver

V-Steel 4 Wood

Ben Sayers 2 Iron

Mizuno MP5 Irons

A question for all applicants - I’m curious if potential production requirements were a consideration in your design submissions?

Cognizant that the winning design would be marketed within a set of 20+ standard inventory options, I tried to be mindful of things like stitch count/color and leather variations that can marginally drive up embroidery production costs. Additionally, only artwork elements that I drew myself were utilized in a effort to simplify licensing standards.

I could go on, but to open up the conversation for everyone - what were some of the additional considerations from the perspective of PRG having to physically craft this product that factored into your design approach?

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

I just designed what I'd want. If it is didn't meet there manufacturing capabilities then that's up to them.. 

That’s certainly one approach and I think all of your designs are very feasible from an embroidery production perspective.

As far as PRG’s capabilities are concerned, from my digging around their site, they seem to be capable of manufacturing virtually anything. And while I toyed with some pretty zany designs (i.e. tie-dye leather base on “peace in a cup”), because the final selection formula wasn’t explicitly laid out in advance, I toned down all of my entries with simpler production requirements in mind.

Now that we know the final selection will be based strictly on social media voting, I’m kinda regretting not pushing the envelope a bit more.

My approach was design simplicity within the rules. I was trying to be cognizant of limited colors choice and stitching while trying to embody the spirt of the contest and the origins of golf.

The only designs I went a little off the rails was with the TARTAN inside. I thought about making a "cloth" inside that could easily be cut and stitched. Other than that, i tried to keep things simple and easy to design.

Golf is cool

Congrats to all the entries, those were all some very cool and interesting designs to see.   Looking forward to seeing the finalists!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

22 hours ago, downlowkey said:

That’s certainly one approach and I think all of your designs are very feasible from an embroidery production perspective.

As far as PRG’s capabilities are concerned, from my digging around their site, they seem to be capable of manufacturing virtually anything. And while I toyed with some pretty zany designs (i.e. tie-dye leather base on “peace in a cup”), because the final selection formula wasn’t explicitly laid out in advance, I toned down all of my entries with simpler production requirements in mind.

Now that we know the final selection will be based strictly on social media voting, I’m kinda regretting not pushing the envelope a bit more.

I looked at this design as a free shot at a mad design. With the machinery available to companies like PRG, printing onto leather and complex embroidery is achievable so I decided I wanted to push the boat out and design something that I think would really stand out in my golf bag. 

I was leaving it up to the guys at PRG to decide what aspects were printed and which to embroider and make the designs stand out. 

Design wise the only thing I had to think hard about was for my alligator head design and whether this would work in an actual sample. I'm sure if there was a problem with it these guys could find a solution. But as I've always been told, go bold from the start and it can always be toned down. 

I think your tie dye idea would have been cool. You should have fired it in regardless and just saw what happened. I know that they will be higher manufacturing costs than their standard head covers but I think as its a limited run and some of the proceeds are going to charity people will pay more for which ever design is chosen. This is why I didn't tone a thing down. Just wish I had more time to design others. 

Would be great if this was my job. 

Cobra F6+ Driver

V-Steel 4 Wood

Ben Sayers 2 Iron

Mizuno MP5 Irons

I looked at this contest as an idea submission. I left the design and production plans to the experts.

Being a Navy Vet, and seeing how Top Gun 2 is coming out eventually, I thought an old school F-14/Maverick/Goose cover would be cool. Another reason I chose a non-golf related theme, was the saturation of golf-related putter covers in the market already.

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:11 PM, downlowkey said:

A question for all applicants - I’m curious if potential production requirements were a consideration in your design submissions?

Cognizant that the winning design would be marketed within a set of 20+ standard inventory options, I tried to be mindful of things like stitch count/color and leather variations that can marginally drive up embroidery production costs. Additionally, only artwork elements that I drew myself were utilized in a effort to simplify licensing standards.

I could go on, but to open up the conversation for everyone - what were some of the additional considerations from the perspective of PRG having to physically craft this product that factored into your design approach?

I just did what I thought was cool/unique. I tried to keep in mind that it is a limited run of the cover, so it should be something not seen anywhere else. The thread count might be a but high, I think, but I imagine that it wouldn't be to difficult to make it