Peaksy68

Reporting Spammers

I saw the ones yesterday and just sent a PM to the online mod. Sometimes using the site on my phone allows me to report them and sometimes it doesn't. They do a good job sometimes they just need a little help.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone. And good Peasky is correct we just need the one report.   @GolfSpy STUDque Found and installed a Spam filter earlier this year that drastically cut down the amount we see.   This latest spurt seems to be getting around it. 

We appreciate the reports both Enrique and I are usually up early and try to get them as soon as we see the reports.  With 4 of us --mods--keeping an eye out, we should be able to keeo them from getting two wide spread. 

• Like 7

What is the Chinese or Japanese writing that shows up to the right and on some posts? Is that Spam? I am not computer literate so that is why you guys are doing the moderation---- and I will add doing a jam up good job at it too!!!!!

• Like 3

What is the Chinese or Japanese writing that shows up to the right and on some posts? Is that Spam? I am not computer literate so that is why you guys are doing the moderation---- and I will add doing a jam up good job at it too!!!!!

Yep, it is some of the junk that gets through the filters and has to be cleaned up by the moderators.
  • Like 1

Just to add what @Peaksy68 said, I find with my timezone I'm usually up before the US and when I see a full page of Chinese spam (other Spam is available)  I just report 1 as I know one of the mods has a Klaxon horn at his bedside when a report gets filed😂

It's not an easy job moderating forums these days with all the spam so thanks guys for keeping us clean and more importantly, moving.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

Yep, it is some of the junk that gets through the filters and has to be cleaned up by the moderators.

Thanks I guess I was not too far off after all

• Like 1