SK7 Standalone Putter

On 12/23/2019 at 1:01 PM, ACslater said:

I think it would slow down pace of play on the greens.  I can see a few of the people I play with spending too much time with lining it up and such.  

I used to play with a guy in the 90s who had one of the earlier models, now a guy that plays in our weekly scramble has bought one and I am seeing the same thing as before.   Both wait/waited until their turn to begin the lining up process and always it takes at least 2 tries to get the line up satisfactory to their liking.  Then when they miss the putt they blame the alignment everytime, lol.  I agree that this is a gimmick and I truly believe that it slows play some too. 

• Like 2

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash with Mitsubishi C6 Red 50 R-flex  shaft
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys. I read the first 20 or so comments on the Sk7 and I was really amused at the quick wit and the  full on criticism of the club and the people they've seen using it . I know many golfers are blessed with a great sense of  golf humor that's been  honed and fine tuned over endless rounds of busting balls but I was really looking to hear from someone who has actually played with the club.  It's OK if you bust my chops over this request but at least end up with an actual review of the club from a real user.  On the other hand if you just want to give me a real users opinion without the ball busting that's ok too. Thanks.. Ides

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice review of the S7K by CPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Toulon Madison Stroke Lab 34"

• 4 weeks later...

I do basically the same thing as the S7K putter self standing putter and it probably looks weird to some guys however at first but my playing partners are all used to me doing it.

I plumb bob then kind of I align my Odyssey Marksman blade putter behind the ball, keep my finger/hand on the end of the the putter then step right behind the ball lining up the putter to my intended line.  Helps me putt much better as I just don't see the line as well at address. 

Give it a try as my putter and yours too is way better than S7K in quality as i then get the same benefits.

Slow play,..NOT as without taking practice strokes it is equal to or less time than my friends putting routines.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, never saw one only the commercial.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 3 months later...

My wife bought one of these and I decided to give it a try yesterday.  The putter is pretty crappy itself and I don't like the feel at all, but the concept is not a gimmick.  It took no more time to line it up that any other putter.  The idea that it would slow up play is a canard.   I ended up with one of my better putting days in quite a while.  I actually made some birdie putts outside of 5 feet for a change.  I'm giving this putter back to my wife but have decided to order a Bloodline mallet which is the same concept but clearly is of higher quality and better design.  Whether I can get used to the different feel is another matter.  

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9 degree Fubuki stiff shaft. 

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood, 

Callaway Epic 5 wood

Ping G410 22 hybrid. 

Ping g410 5-U. Aerotech Steelfiber i110 CW shafts

Ping Glide 3.0 54. 

Taylormade Hi-toe MG 60. 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Golo Select LH