I broke my back sking 35 years ago and they wanted to fuse my spine or I could try to live with the pain for along as I could. Started with physical therapy and back exercises. I was waiting for technology to get better for disc replacement. Then technology  just wasn't getting to where I was comfortable going under the knife. I took up golf 30years ago and keeping everything moving actually helped. Never went back for surgery. Doing fine but always thinking about lifting correctly and not doing anything stupid. Hardly any disc left in the lower back L2/L3. But no issues as long as I keep the motion going. But I started with doctors, physical therapy, and exercise.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

I have a chiro/sports medicine doc. I see him once a month for adjustments, but he also gave me a stretching & exercise routine to focus on strengthening the weak areas.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: Odyssey Versa #7 32"

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I have spondylolisthesis (lower back vertebrae out of alignment).  A few minutes on my inversion table really helps when the problem flares up.  I'm also in the process of switching from my conventional swing to Moe Norman's single plane swing and hope that will help as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezer said:

I have spondylolisthesis (lower back vertebrae out of alignment).  A few minutes on my inversion table really helps when the problem flares up.  I'm also in the process of switching from my conventional swing to Moe Norman's single plane swing and hope that will help as well.

Check out Kirk Junge too.  He has a different method of the SPS.