TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hey fellow Spies,

I recent picked up an Apple Watch to try out because I like wearing a watch and was enjoying wearing a fit bit, but didn’t like having two different things in my wrist.

It’s a bit of an adjustment because I typically wore an Auto that I just needed to wear and not something I needed to charge daily, but I want to get the full experience and benefit while I decide if an Apple Watch is right for me.

Do any of you use an Apple Watch during your rounds?

What apps do you feel are best and why?

I’m interested in GPS/Shot Tracking/Score Keeping. I’ve used 18 birdies and hole 19 mostly on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

IMG_6152.JPG

There’s got to be at least one other person with an Apple Watch...

Might be playing tomorrow, will prob try one of the higher rated apps out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Try Golfshot plus. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

• 7 months later...

I’ve used 18 birdies a few times but always have trouble linking it up .. once I’m through. Couple holes it gets out of whack and I can’t seem to get it back - if anyone else reads this and has corrected it, let me know.

i enjoy it for the fitness tracking as I walk.

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2019 at 8:46 AM, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Do any of you use an Apple Watch during your rounds?

What apps do you feel are best and why?

Was about to start a new thread until I came across this in a search. I just got the 2nd gen Apple Watch SE yesterday and wanted to share how I "hope" to use it on the course.

For starters, I created a watch face specifically for golf that will launch when I use the "Golf" Focus setting I setup on my phone (or, I can simply swipe to it if I want - things to play around with).

incoming-8A759C5A-AEEC-4303-A53D-975FC8E81EDD.PNG.adfc58c47f600238358b330150042bfc.PNG

I used the Modular watch face and set the following complications:

• Top Left - Heart Rate Range via FITIV Pulse app - shows heart rate range (small numbers) and most recent heart rate (big number).
  • Middle - Now Playing - to give me control over music or podcasts that I might play through a speaker via my iPhone (no cutting in and out audio as I walk away from the cart).
  • Bottom Left - Temperature - may change this to Active Calories via FITIV Pulse app but not sure just yet.
  • Bottom Middle - Compass - pretty self-explanatory.
  • Bottom Right - Wind - to use in conjunction with the compass so I always know where the wind is coming from.

I played around with complications by GHIN and GolfShot but they really weren't that useful. I plan to use the 18 Birdies app for distances and scoring because it allows me to track stats I would normally write on my scorecard and will just have to switch back and forth between the app and the watch face.

Obviously, I just got the watch yesterday and haven't played golf with it, so we'll see how it all goes but that's what I'm thinking as of right now. I'm really excited to see how I can leverage this watch to help me on and off the course this year as well as helping me with my fitness.

The only other golf app I've downloaded to experiment with is Zepp. I recall being able to get club speed readings from that (could be mistaking it with the SkyPro I used to have) and it was only ever off by a little. Thought it might be useful as I try to gain some speed in 2023. Hoping to reach 110+ MPH (currently, 104 MPH so not impossible by any stretch).

Now that you've had your watch for a few years, I'd be interested to know if you still use it and if you have any preferred apps or suggestions for what else I might play around with.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

4 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Was about to start a new thread until I came across this in a search. I just got the 2nd gen Apple Watch SE yesterday and wanted to share how I "hope" to use it on the course.

For starters, I created a watch face specifically for golf that will launch when I use the "Golf" Focus setting I setup on my phone (or, I can simply swipe to it if I want - things to play around with).

incoming-8A759C5A-AEEC-4303-A53D-975FC8E81EDD.PNG.adfc58c47f600238358b330150042bfc.PNG

I used the Modular watch face and set the following complications:

• Top Left - Heart Rate Range via FITIV Pulse app - shows heart rate range (small numbers) and most recent heart rate (big number).
  • Middle - Now Playing - to give me control over music or podcasts that I might play through a speaker via my iPhone (no cutting in and out audio as I walk away from the cart).
  • Bottom Left - Temperature - may change this to Active Calories via FITIV Pulse app but not sure just yet.
  • Bottom Middle - Compass - pretty self-explanatory.
  • Bottom Right - Wind - to use in conjunction with the compass so I always know where the wind is coming from.

I played around with complications by GHIN and GolfShot but they really weren't that useful. I plan to use the 18 Birdies app for distances and scoring because it allows me to track stats I would normally write on my scorecard and will just have to switch back and forth between the app and the watch face.

Obviously, I just got the watch yesterday and haven't played golf with it, so we'll see how it all goes but that's what I'm thinking as of right now. I'm really excited to see how I can leverage this watch to help me on and off the course this year as well as helping me with my fitness.

The only other golf app I've downloaded to experiment with is Zepp. I recall being able to get club speed readings from that (could be mistaking it with the SkyPro I used to have) and it was only ever off by a little. Thought it might be useful as I try to gain some speed in 2023. Hoping to reach 110+ MPH (currently, 104 MPH so not impossible by any stretch).

Now that you've had your watch for a few years, I'd be interested to know if you still use it and if you have any preferred apps or suggestions for what else I might play around with.

Just saw this thread.  It’s a few years old maybe there’s a few updates out there that can be helpful.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 3 weeks later...

I use GolfPad and it’s proven reliable.

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

• 4 months later...