Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Adam Young The Practice Manual

Hi all, Just finished The Strike Plan by Adam Young and found plenty of useful information throughout the book. Just wondering whether it is worth signing up to the other plans Adam has on his web site. 

Has anyone any suggestions on which is best -Accuracy Plan /Strike Plan / Next Level Golf?

Thanks in advance

@GolfSpy MPR from what I know this is probably best answered by you. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Sorry cannot answer your question but did just start to watch the free vids he offers.

Adam also outlines based on where you think you are with your swing - whether you need the Strike Plan or the Accuracy Plan .. or both. He seems to suggest the Strike Plan is a precursor to the Accuracy Plan.

He also offers a more thorough program he calls NLG, Next Level Golf.

Side note: I've been meaning to order .. and actually sit down and go through .. his book, "The Practice Manual".

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I ordered The Practice Manual two weeks ago largely because I know@GolfSpy MPR holds Adam in high regard. 

I've been reading through it as time allows. Definitely seems like some good stuff, but I'll have to spend more time with it to give an honest review.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

10 hours ago, edingc said:

I ordered The Practice Manual two weeks ago largely because I know@GolfSpy MPR holds Adam in high regard. 

I've been reading through it as time allows. Definitely seems like some good stuff, but I'll have to spend more time with it to give an honest review.

I think Adam has some offers some good information and has been able to help a lot of golfers. However, I read his book and thought it was a mess. The useful information within the book is muddied by a large amount of fluff and a lot of incoherent passages due to the fact that the book was self-edited (as far as I can tell anyway).

I started the year with a goal to read 2-3 books per month, but Adam's book successfully put an end to that. After slogging my way through his book (and Mark Broadie's - which is better written, but equally fluffed), I just couldn't bring myself to start the next book. I'm sure I'll eventually get back on that train, but I'll pass on those two.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I'm a big, big fan of Adam's work. I have both The Strike Plan and Next Level Golf, as well as a copy of The Practice Manual. He's also been a huge help as I seek to coach Kirke.

I have not yet gotten through even half the content in Next Level Golf, but it is definitely got a ton of information in it. If you've like the stuff from Adam that you've seen so far, and want to go even deeper into that content, that is the way to go. I haven't yet seen the Accuracy Plan, so I don't have any useful comments on that.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

• 1 year later...

So I just got The Accuracy Plan and love it. Just got a promo for his NLG subscription. Has anyone used that and gotten a lot out of it?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

19 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

So I just got The Accuracy Plan and love it. Just got a promo for his NLG subscription. Has anyone used that and gotten a lot out of it?

I've got NLG for 6 months from the Divot Board promo, the amount of content is probably 10X more than Accuracy or Strike Plans. To the point it would be a challenge to get through all of the videos. There is some overlap, but NLG goes into the technical aspects that Adam doesn't focus on in his free content and other plans which is nice if you want some drills to help shallow, sift path right/left etc. 

His version of the wall drill (standing 6-12" in front of wall making dry swings with no club) is the best version of the drill I've seen online. Addresses top of back swing position, shallowing, and weight shift in transition. I am very happy with NLG and wish I would not have spent the money on Accuracy/Strike Plan since most of that info is all in NLG. Would have allowed for 1-2 more years of NLG access, but lifetime access for Accuracy/Strike plan is valuable. 

Adam even provided some feedback via email on how best to use NLG and where to find certain items which I appreciated, especially getting a free 6 month trial. I've made some notes on various aspects for when my subscription ends as I don't like to perpetually pay subscription services. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

I have the strike plan as well as the accuracy plan. I love gotten alot out of both of them. I probably go back to the strike plan the most right now, but that might be because I havent gone all the way through the accuracy plan. Either way I consider both of these a solid investment if youre looking to get better on your own. 

10 hours ago, BMart519 said:

I've got NLG for 6 months from the Divot Board promo, the amount of content is probably 10X more than Accuracy or Strike Plans. To the point it would be a challenge to get through all of the videos. There is some overlap, but NLG goes into the technical aspects that Adam doesn't focus on in his free content and other plans which is nice if you want some drills to help shallow, sift path right/left etc. 

His version of the wall drill (standing 6-12" in front of wall making dry swings with no club) is the best version of the drill I've seen online. Addresses top of back swing position, shallowing, and weight shift in transition. I am very happy with NLG and wish I would not have spent the money on Accuracy/Strike Plan since most of that info is all in NLG. Would have allowed for 1-2 more years of NLG access, but lifetime access for Accuracy/Strike plan is valuable. 

Adam even provided some feedback via email on how best to use NLG and where to find certain items which I appreciated, especially getting a free 6 month trial. I've made some notes on various aspects for when my subscription ends as I don't like to perpetually pay subscription services. 

So you would go NLG vs getting strike plan? 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 9/4/2019 at 7:38 AM, TR1PTIK said:

I think Adam has some offers some good information and has been able to help a lot of golfers. However, I read his book and thought it was a mess. The useful information within the book is muddied by a large amount of fluff and a lot of incoherent passages due to the fact that the book was self-edited (as far as I can tell anyway).

I started the year with a goal to read 2-3 books per month, but Adam's book successfully put an end to that. After slogging my way through his book (and Mark Broadie's - which is better written, but equally fluffed), I just couldn't bring myself to start the next book. I'm sure I'll eventually get back on that train, but I'll pass on those two.

I feel this... it’s sitting mostly unread on my night stand... 

he’s a great coach and a wonderful resource but I’d love to see him find a better way to deliver information...

he was great on the chasing scratch podcast when he had someone else driving the conversation... his podcast with Jon Sherman had a ton of good information, but I find myself zoning out when it’s on.

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

13 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

So you would go NLG vs getting strike plan? 

Yes. Strike plan is good, but I think Adam has given away more Strike Plan information for free online and during podcasts compared to Accuracy Plan or NLG. Also, many of the strike plan drills are based on drawing lines in sand to see your entry point. Not many opportunities to hit full shots from practice bunkers at most facilities...

Want to avoid fat shots? Put a towel flat on the ground starting 6" behind the ball and move it closer and closer as you improve. I think foot spray has been beat to death at this point to otherwise track face impact. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read the book but I do follow him so I see his blog posts.

This one is very well done - https://www.adamyounggolf.com/6-reasons-golf/

Calling out a couple sections....

So many times, we put pressure on ourselves as golfers to be perfect. The fear of making a mistake is often something which brings about a self-fulfilling prophesy. The moment you let go of the fear of a bad shot and accept that anything can (and often does) happen – but that’s ok – the moment we are free to play our best golf.

I call it “f#!k it” golf. There’s the target, I’m gonna swing at it, and I couldn’t care less what outcome I get.

When I was younger, golf was my world. I was the happiest person in the world if I had just played well – but my world came crashing down when I seemingly lost it. I took it personally – every round was a reflection of who I was as a person.

But I matured.

Life happens, bigger things pop up, golf ultimately means less. My life philosophy also changed – I see golf for what it is, a game, there to be enjoyed. Ultimately, no one gives a s*** for long if I shoot 6 under, just as much as no one really gives a s*** for long if I shoot 10 over. And neither do I.

This mindset has ultimately given me the freedom to go out and just ‘play golf’ without the need for the round to validate me as a person. Sure, I fall back into the trap every now and again – but I make sure to enjoy the parts I am good at now, rather than worry about every little thing that is going wrong.

Paradoxically, this lack of ‘caring’ about my game means I am able to play better. A free mind is one that can shoot a very low score. And, if they don’t, it’s water off a duck’s back.

Pretty lines do not maketh the player

This is not to say that form does not matter (don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater), but that

• People put way too much emphasis on swing style
  • There is more than one way to skin the cat of golf
  • Club and ball impact is the most vital element of a golf swing
  • Lots of what is pushed as ‘good technique’ is absolute bullshit, has no basis in science/reality, may not be right for every player at their particular point in their development, or may even be detrimental, and is usually based on the erroneous idea that symmetry and ‘tidiness’ is what we are wanting.

As a result of this understanding, some things in my swing look ‘worse’ now that they did 15 years ago (such as my massively outside-the-line takeaway). But I now hit the ball better and can control the ball much more.

Too many players these days are chasing swing beautification at the expense of function

So, what is your goal? To look pretty? Or to play pretty?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024: