Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Shopping for a set of # 11, 13 and 15 Fairway Woods (Yukon vs. Bang Storm)

BoomerGolfAnon

I've been doing some research to identify a matching set of highly-lofted #11, 13 and 15 fairway woods and I'm looking for some suggestions.

I'm a fan of hollow irons, hybrids and fairway woods. This summer at the local Value Village, I stumbled on several excellent 2009 Cleveland Launcher fairway woods as well as an MG Golf #9 Fairway Wood. In addition to my driver, I now have #3, 5, 7 and 9 fairway woods. The 5, 7 and 9 woods have completely replaced my 4, 5, and 6 irons (Cleveland Launcher HiBores from 2018). For me, the highly-lofted fairway woods just perform so much better than equivalent irons - they are easier to hit, and my shots fly higher, farther, and are more accurate. So, now I'd like to replace my 7, 8, and 9 irons.

I've narrowed down my search to two vendors.

Yukon Shallow Face Fairway Woods
https://www.pinemeadowgolf.com/golf-clubs/woods/yukon.shallow.fw

Bang Storm Fairway Woods
http://www.golfclubsforeless.com/product/bang-storm-fairway-woods/

The Bang Storm offers more lofts (including #17, 19 and 21 woods which can replace wedges); there are also more options for things like spine alignment and vibration dampening inserts compared to the Yukon line.

The Yukon line, while offering fewer clubs, reminds me a lot of the old Cobra Baffler rescue club from the 70's and 80's with 2 smallish rails on the sole. And the Yukon site is packed with positive user reviews.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Yukon offerings from PineMeadowGolf. Please weigh in if you have an opinion on either of these lines, or suggest something else.

Edited by BoomerGolfAnon