Went somewhat old school today

Our Sponsors

Well I went back totally old school after last weekend except for the driver and 4 wood even my hybrid is old--- Put the 80 Macgregor blades with the Hogan Apex shafts back in the front line bag. Thinking about seriously playing my persimmon driver and persimmon 2 wood back in the front line bag. I am straighter with the persimmon and hit the old 2 wood as far and as straight as I do my modern 16* 4 wood.

• Like 3

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

983 was just as I remembered absolutely bombs with hits on the screws, doesn't seem as small as it is, always loved the titleist driver shape of this era.  May try a 905r just for the fun of it.

• Like 1
On 10/8/2019 at 12:44 PM, BIG STU said:

Thinking about seriously playing my persimmon driver and persimmon 2 wood back in the front line bag. I am straighter with the persimmon and hit the old 2 wood as far and as straight as I do my modern 16* 4 wood.

Is ^that^ what's meant by the saying... "Drive for show"... 😁 😆 😁

• Haha 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

On 10/10/2019 at 12:33 PM, cksurfdude said:

Is ^that^ what's meant by the saying... "Drive for show"... 😁 😆 😁

I do not hit the persimmon driver as far of course as I do a modern metal but straighter. I guess I mellowed with age back in the day I could not spell fairway much less hit one with persimmon but I was long for those days. I do not hit my modern metal but 20 yards or so further but the persimmon gets more roll out. The deuce wood what can I say I love that thing

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona