Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Callaway Rangefinders

I have the Callaway LR550. It works fine for me and wasn't as much as the Bushnells. I play the majority of my rounds at the same course, so I really only need to know how far to the flag. I don't really need GPS b/c I know how far to lay up and to carry bunkers. I have had this Callaway for over a year and have no complaints.

Nice post. I've been contemplating the Upro Go gps. Like you I spend most of my time on the same courses and I never thought I had a need for a rangefinder, until reading your post. It has a feature that the gps doesn't, like finding the distance to just about any spot on the course. My question to you is, what's your opinion on ease of use? I've never been impressed with the older models.

Is it me or are these GPS devices a serious money trap. I mean they first cost several hundred dollars, then they get you for annual fees and additional course charges, etc. I think they are sweet and fun to play with, but it can be a considerable drain on one's pocket.

• 3 months later...

Nice post. I've been contemplating the Upro Go gps. Like you I spend most of my time on the same courses and I never thought I had a need for a rangefinder, until reading your post. It has a feature that the gps doesn't, like finding the distance to just about any spot on the course. My question to you is, what's your opinion on ease of use? I've never been impressed with the older models.

I Have a uPro Go GPS. It does have the feature of finding the distance to just about any spot on the course, but it's only available after you pay a one time fee to upgrade to the GoMode level. There are NO annual fees for anything else. There are about 20,000 courses preloaded on it.

Ping G20 Driver & 4, 7 Wood, Dynacraft 4,5,6Hybrid, PingZing2 6-9, PW, SW

Archived