TESTERS WANTED! ×

I'm not much for golf gadgets but this one, for some odd reason, has caught my eye.  The guy doing the commercial is kind of humorous - perhaps that's what is luring me in.  Anyone tried this device?  It does look like a simple way to help with alignment/getting the putter face square to the intended line. If you open up the "science" hotlink, it shows test data performed by GolfWRX.  I haven't found any reviews by MGS... so I'm dubious of the claims 😉.

https://www.dirtylarrygolf.com/

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I've looked at the aid before and chose not to go down that path.  There are some similar devices that cost a bit less but the site occasionally has a sale for various holidays.

The reason I chose not to purchase is I am not concerned about perfect/down the line alignment on setup;   I am more concerned about consistent setup  and face at impact.   My most recent puttlab evaluation showed I am open at setup and closed at impact with a slight right bias.  The closed faced puts me in a good impact position for a right biased stroke.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 5:39 PM, cnosil said:

I've looked at the aid before and chose not to go down that path.  There are some similar devices that cost a bit less but the site occasionally has a sale for various holidays.

The reason I chose not to purchase is I am not concerned about perfect/down the line alignment on setup;   I am more concerned about consistent setup  and face at impact.   My most recent puttlab evaluation showed I am open at setup and closed at impact with a slight right bias.  The closed faced puts me in a good impact position for a right biased stroke.  

What are the similar devices you know of?

I'm thinking about purchasing but would like to see alternates.

:taylormade-small: M5 9.0* 
:titelist-small: 915d 18* & 21*
:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4&5
:titelist-small: ZB 6-P
:titelist-small: SM7 52-F, 56-S & SM6 60-K
:cameron-small: Futura X5

What are the similar devices you know of?
I'm thinking about purchasing but would like to see alternates.

Do a search for putter face alignment aid on google. Everything from lasers to things that attach to your putter. Could also just draw a line or use tape on the ground. Here is a cheaper version of the navigator.

https://www.amazon.com/Train-Your-Aim-Alignment-Training/dp/B00OR4ZR3K/ref=asc_df_B00OR4ZR3K/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312104197194&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5260866852039146833&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008565&hvtargid=pla-569070065171&psc=1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 1 month later...

I use a Blast Motion swing analyzer on my putter.  It provides a lot of information, including tempo, and club face rotation..which I find to be most important for putting.  If your putter does not get back to the original set up position, the ball does not start on the intended line..sounds simple.  I have found that after 3000 putts with the analyzer, that I am finally getting the putter face square to the line to within two tenths of a degree most of the time.  It has made a great difference in my putting. 

M2 Driver Fujikura Regular Flex

Mizuno 921 Tour Irons-- Titleist Wedges

A new Sik Armlock putter