Our Sponsors

I'm not much for golf gadgets but this one, for some odd reason, has caught my eye.  The guy doing the commercial is kind of humorous - perhaps that's what is luring me in.  Anyone tried this device?  It does look like a simple way to help with alignment/getting the putter face square to the intended line. If you open up the "science" hotlink, it shows test data performed by GolfWRX.  I haven't found any reviews by MGS... so I'm dubious of the claims 😉.

https://www.dirtylarrygolf.com/

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I've looked at the aid before and chose not to go down that path.  There are some similar devices that cost a bit less but the site occasionally has a sale for various holidays.

The reason I chose not to purchase is I am not concerned about perfect/down the line alignment on setup;   I am more concerned about consistent setup  and face at impact.   My most recent puttlab evaluation showed I am open at setup and closed at impact with a slight right bias.  The closed faced puts me in a good impact position for a right biased stroke.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 9/2/2019 at 5:39 PM, cnosil said:

I've looked at the aid before and chose not to go down that path.  There are some similar devices that cost a bit less but the site occasionally has a sale for various holidays.

The reason I chose not to purchase is I am not concerned about perfect/down the line alignment on setup;   I am more concerned about consistent setup  and face at impact.   My most recent puttlab evaluation showed I am open at setup and closed at impact with a slight right bias.  The closed faced puts me in a good impact position for a right biased stroke.  

What are the similar devices you know of?

I'm thinking about purchasing but would like to see alternates.

:taylormade-small: M5 9.0* 
:titelist-small: 915d 18* & 21*
:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4&5
:titelist-small: ZB 6-P
:titelist-small: SM7 52-F, 56-S & SM6 60-K
:cameron-small: Newport TeI3

What are the similar devices you know of?
I'm thinking about purchasing but would like to see alternates.

Do a search for putter face alignment aid on google. Everything from lasers to things that attach to your putter. Could also just draw a line or use tape on the ground. Here is a cheaper version of the navigator.

https://www.amazon.com/Train-Your-Aim-Alignment-Training/dp/B00OR4ZR3K/ref=asc_df_B00OR4ZR3K/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312104197194&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5260866852039146833&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008565&hvtargid=pla-569070065171&psc=1

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I use a Blast Motion swing analyzer on my putter.  It provides a lot of information, including tempo, and club face rotation..which I find to be most important for putting.  If your putter does not get back to the original set up position, the ball does not start on the intended line..sounds simple.  I have found that after 3000 putts with the analyzer, that I am finally getting the putter face square to the line to within two tenths of a degree most of the time.  It has made a great difference in my putting. 

Ping G400 Driver with a 47 3/4 stiff flex shaft.

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot metal irons, Project X 90 shafts. 4-LW

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5