TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Clearview Putter....seriously?!?

mcbush25

So I get home tonight and I am kicking back in the recliner and firing up the laptop to see what is going on in the forum so I thought I would flip on the TV and I'm watching the Golf Channel and all of a sudden a commercial for the Clearview Putter comes on. Has anyone seen this ad? It is a see-though putter, here's a pic....

clearview-putter-updated.jpg

I mean, seriously....it looks like a toy!! I just don't know if I can see a viable use for this thing. What do you guys think? Here is a link to the site as well....http://clearviewputter.com/index.php

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always wonder how much money these people make off of stuff like that.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

i saw the commercial tonight here is an example. would you rather get an odyssey putter or the clearview putter. i think most if not all would rather have the first especially since they are the same price

I'd have to put the Odyssey in the bending machine first.

I'd say a Yes! putter would work for me.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I just wonder who out there was thinking "hey, lets make a see through putter" and then I want to know who was there next to them and said "Yeah....that sounds awesome". I am pretty sure that is how this putter came about.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post that infomercial. What a GREAT CONCEPT! why didn't I come up with that gimmick? LOL

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Ah yes, an alignment aid on a clear piece of plastic will definitely be more effective than an alignment aid on a piece of metal. Why didn't I realize this before?

But with the plastic, the alignment aid is on the bottom, near the grass, and the ball rolls on the grass.

No metal putter can have the alignment on the bottom.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

But with the plastic, the alignment aid is on the bottom, near the grass, and the ball rolls on the grass.

No metal putter can have the alignment on the bottom.

So when are you bagging this baby Sactown? hahahahaa

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

So when are you bagging this baby Sactown? hahahahaa

As soon as it comes in a long model. Fantastic alignment, 48" shaft. The putts will fly into the hole out of fear before the headcover is even removed.

I hope the headcover is titanium lined with mink. No scratches or nicks to block the view.

I will probably just leave it at home to be sure that it doesn't get scratched.

A first edition could put both kids through colleg down the road.

Volvo Intorqueo

My favorite part of the videos on their site is the fact that they say it does three things and they are...

1. It lines you up

2. It sets you up

3. It tells you when you screw up (my personal favorite)

I just can't believe that the Golf Channel actually showed it on air, but I guess if they are cranking out the money for advertising then why not.

And all of this time I just guessed at that when I missed the hole.

I know that is what I was thinking. The other thing that strikes me odd is the motto on their site is "Aim small...Miss small"....WTF???? Who actually thought about selling a club telling you to miss small????? It's almost like they are saying you'll still miss, but just not as bad.

• SPY VIP

I know that is what I was thinking. The other thing that strikes me odd is the motto on their site is "Aim small...Miss small"....WTF???? Who actually thought about selling a club telling you to miss small????? It's almost like they are saying you'll still miss, but just not as bad.

I am ok with planning to miss and play poorly, hence my motto: Sactown says, "Play less Sh**ty"

Volvo Intorqueo

My favorite part of the videos on their site is the fact that they say it does three things and they are...

1. It lines you up

2. It sets you up

3. It tells you when you screw up (my personal favorite)

I just can't believe that the Golf Channel actually showed it on air, but I guess if they are cranking out the money for advertising then why not.

Yep they help pay the electric bill so they (GC) really don't care about the public being duped.But then again if your crazy enough to buy this... then cut me a check I have some great swamp land down in Mississippi for sale.LOL

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

I am ok with planning to miss and play poorly, hence my motto: Sactown says, "Play less Sh**ty"

Good, solid motto! Maybe they should change their motto to "Putt less sh**ty". It is kind of catchy and I like the sound of it. Hell, I'd buy it as long as it had the motto written on the putter.

• SPY VIP

Good, solid motto! Maybe they should change their motto to "Putt less sh**ty". It is kind of catchy and I like the sound of it. Hell, I'd buy it as long as it had the motto written on the putter.

Sorry that is the circle S model and it is FTUO.

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Or if it gets dirty, than you'd be putting in the dark!

Sorry, the Clearview is self cleaning. It is so smooth in play that dirt can't stick to it.

"Miss it by a little!"

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived