Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Clearview Putter....seriously?!?

mcbush25

Will it Float???

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly boy. Every putter flies. I just need one that floats, so I can get it back.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

Silly boy. Every putter flies. I just need one that floats, so I can get it back.

Sorry, this one will sink. Not sink as a normal thing sinks. The atomic structure is such that it will slide between the water molecules and end up at the bottom. However, when you pull it out of the lake, it will be totally dry.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Sorry, this one will sink. Not sink as a normal thing sinks. The atomic structure is such that it will slide between the water molecules and end up at the bottom. However, when you pull it out of the lake, it will be totally dry.

It's hydrophobic! Not sure if you could really market that....

• SPY VIP

It's hydrophilic! Not sure if you could really market that....

Probably closer to hydrophobic. But really is is a matter of perspective. Water, to the clearview, does not exist. Much like an ant would not be within the consciousness of an elephant.

Volvo Intorqueo

Probably closer to hydrophobic. But really is is a matter of perspective. Water, to the clearview, does not exist. Much like an ant would not be within the consciousness of an elephant.

Oh, geez! That's what I meant! I fixed it.

Not only does water not exist to the clearview, so does failure.

I would look great in my garage sale bag - right next to the Perfect Club.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

The Clearview does not putt, it makes. Putting implies the chance of failure.

Once addressed, the ball appears in the hole while the Clearview remains unswung.

Volvo Intorqueo

When the ball sees the Clearview putter, it immediately runs and hides in the hole out of fear.

FWIW, this stupid POS is getting a lot of free pub since we keep bumping this thread with jokes. I wonder if anyone who has seen it on here has ordered one.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

only thing this would do is to confirm how bad a stroek i got by seeing the ground under my club head making a figure 8 so i dont know maybe a training aid

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

• SPY VIP

When the ball sees the Clearview putter, it immediately runs and hides in the hole out of fear.

FWIW, this stupid POS is getting a lot of free pub since we keep bumping this thread with jokes. I wonder if anyone who has seen it on here has ordered one.

Oh God, no.

Unless there is already a Hammer X driver and 3W in their bag I cannot condone that madness. :angry:

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

The Hammer...classic. The thing that I always think of when I see that infomercial is this: "They wouldn't keep showing this unless someone was buying them." That thought makes me very sad.

Agreed. It is like the whole QVC channel. I saw that they were selling computers one day. Who the hell buys a computer from QVC? Obviously more people than I think.

Kudos to the clearview people. We are giving them a hard time about their "fine" putter, but I don't have anything on TV that is making me money. It is all about marketing, it doesn't have to work, people just have to buy it.

Volvo Intorqueo

Agreed. It is like the whole QVC channel. I saw that they were selling computers one day. Who the hell buys a computer from QVC? Obviously more people than I think.

Kudos to the clearview people. We are giving them a hard time about their "fine" putter, but I don't have anything on TV that is making me money. It is all about marketing, it doesn't have to work, people just have to buy it.

You're right - if Billy Mays were still alive, he would be selling this putter. Sometimes its all about the Benjamins.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

only thing this would do is to confirm how bad a stroek i got by seeing the ground under my club head making a figure 8 so i dont know maybe a training aid

Your stroke must have gotten really bad if now you spell it "stroek".

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Do people usually buy stuff directly from TV? A lot of times I it's a good products they carry it at Target, but I'd never buy something right from TV.

I've done it a few times, but before I purchase I always look the item up on Google to see if people think its a rip-off.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

I've done it a few times, but before I purchase I always look the item up on Google to see if people think its a rip-off.

I don't know that I can make a big purchase without internet research and price shopping first. iPhone is a great too for this when in the actual store.

unless that snuggie-WOW is "Not available in stores"

Volvo Intorqueo

I don't know that I can make a big purchase without internet research and price shopping first. iPhone is a great too for this when in the actual store.

unless that snuggie-WOW is "Not available in stores"

My wife gives me huge amounts of grief for being so deliberate when it comes to researching even medium sized purchases. I spent a couple of hours researching the last coffee maker we bought. :)

Android has some of the same apps as the iPhone when it comes to scanning bar codes, product look-ups, etc. I use my Motorola Droid for that all the time.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

My wife gives me huge amounts of grief for being so deliberate when it comes to researching even medium sized purchases. I spent a couple of hours researching the last coffee maker we bought. :)

Android has some of the same apps as the iPhone when it comes to scanning bar codes, product look-ups, etc. I use my Motorola Droid for that all the time.

I am in the same boat with you. I get grief from my wife because I research too much, but I would rather be completely certain before I make a purchase regardless of whether it is a golf purchase or one for my home.

• SPY VIP

Coffee maker is a daily use item though. Research seems vital.

It does erode my consumer confidence though. I still have not pulled the trigger on the nice big flat tv. so many choices and specs. I don't feel like I have reached the level of knowledge needed to buy one yet.

Totally stupid, I know. It is just a TV...

Volvo Intorqueo

My wife gives me huge amounts of grief for being so deliberate when it comes to researching even medium sized purchases. I spent a couple of hours researching the last coffee maker we bought. :blink:

Another Droid user AND a bar-code scanner, nice! I'm a huge fan of the bar code scanner, it saved me about $40 when I bought the crate for my puppy. What was funny was that it was $40 cheaper on the website for the store I was in, but they wouldn't give me the same price.

I'm also a big researcher, I flatly refuse to just go buy things that I don't know anything about.

My wife gives me huge amounts of grief for being so deliberate when it comes to researching even medium sized purchases. I spent a couple of hours researching the last coffee maker we bought. ;)

haha, I rarely buy stuff just because I can't part with the money. It sucks but it does save a lot of money. Sometimes I want to buy something, research it endlessly, but never end up buying it.

Coffee maker is a daily use item though. Research seems vital.

It does erode my consumer confidence though. I still have not pulled the trigger on the nice big flat tv. so many choices and specs. I don't feel like I have reached the level of knowledge needed to buy one yet.

Totally stupid, I know. It is just a TV...

I don't think it is totally stupid! It isn't just a TV, trust me! I did hours upon hours of research before I bought my HDTV.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that is what I was thinking. The other thing that strikes me odd is the motto on their site is "Aim small...Miss small"....WTF???? Who actually thought about selling a club telling you to miss small????? It's almost like they are saying you'll still miss, but just not as bad.

That Aim Small.. Miss Small is a movie quote.. anyone wanna guess which movie??

I met this guy at the PGA Show.. he didn't have a booth, he had a buyers badge and was setting up "discrete" meetings with members of the media to show off this putter.. I think he had already been run off by security a couple times when we met up with him.

I didn't get a chance to hit it.. (he only had a RH) but I don't think I could ever add this to the bag. I'd never feel comfortable whipping this bad boy out..

Presently In my Bargain Bin Golf Bag

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST Driver

3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher DST Fairway Wood

Hybrids: Wilson 3h & 4h Fybrid

Irons: 2009 TaylorMade Burner Irons

Wedges: Eidolon 60 Degree Cleveland CG 15 52 & 56

Putter: Bettinardi BB1

Balls: Top-Flite Gamer & TaylorMade Penta

I met this guy at the PGA Show.. he didn't have a booth, he had a buyers badge and was setting up "discrete" meetings with members of the media to show off this putter.. I think he had already been run off by security a couple times when we met up with him.

I didn't get a chance to hit it.. (he only had a RH) but I don't think I could ever add this to the bag. I'd never feel comfortable whipping this bad boy out..

Aim Small Miss Small is from The Patriot. I think I mentioned that earlier in this thread.

That's a great story. Do you see that a lot at the PGA Show? I'm sure smaller companies (especially start-ups) have a hard time footing the cost to have a booth. I guess you have to applaud the guy for thinking outside of the box.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Archived