TESTERS WANTED! ×

2011 Bag is Set Thread?

14max

Did we do one of these already? We should. My bag is set and listed below. Me? I'm all :ping-small:

Driver: PING G10

4w: PING Rapture V2

3h/4h: PING Rapture V2

5i-LW: PING G10 XG

Putter: PING i-SERIES Craz-E

• SPY VIP

Just a reminder for you guys that list your WITB. If you click on the "Emoticons" (aka:smiley) link above and then click on show all you will see all the logos for companies for you to use.

:callaway-logo-1::bettinardi-1::edel-golf-1::rife-putters-1::scotty-cameron-1::scatch-golf-1::seemore-putters-1::vokey-small::yes-small::footjoy-small: etc, etc.

#TruthDigest

:ping-small:

---
Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9*, Fujikura Speeder, Stiff with 10 gram weight
Fairway: Callaway Big Bertha Epic 3W (15*), 7W (20*), Fujikura, Stiff
Irons: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead XR Pro 5I - AW, KBS Tour 120 Steel Stiff, 2* flat, 1/2" short
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 56/10, 60/8, KBS Hi-Rev Stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Bullseye Flange 33"
Bag: Callaway Stand Bag
Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Ball: Titleist ProV1x
Shoes: New Balance
Rangefinder: Nikon Cool Shot

:adams-small: :scotty-small:

Let's see if I can do something with this....

Driver:

Either Tour Issue Adams 9064LS DFS 9.5 with either Miyazaki C.Kua 39S or Aldila R.I.P Alpha, or Adams F11 10.5 with Grafalloy Epic 75s, or old trusty Tour Issue Nike Sq Tour 460 9.5 with Diamana Blueboard

3 Wood: TMag R9 15* with Fujikura Motore 70s

Hybrids: Adams 9031 Pro Black 18* and 23* both with KBS Hybrid S

Irons:

4-7 Tour Issue Adams CB2 w/ KBS Tour

8-GW Tour Issue Adams CB1 w/ KBS Tour

Wedges:

Cleveland CG12 Tour Issued RAW finish that's been blackened 56* and 60* with DG Spinner

Callaway X-Forged Vintage Blackened 64* with DG Spinner

Still working on Scratch Tour Dept. 1018 56* and 60* wedges with DG Spinners (still gotta get the grinds like I like them, haven't had time to work on them with Putter refinishes I've been doing.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Art of Putting Laguna with UST Frequency Filter cut at 33.5" and Red Iomic Grip

-or-

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.6

Still waiting on LaMont to get back to me on a custom Montana.

Rest of clubs have Lamkin Performance Plus 3gen White Midsize grips

Bag: KBS Tour Staff Bag

Ball: Nike One Tour D and MG Tour C4

Give me a few weeks to sort everything out.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

AGAIN!

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

Agreed. However, my desktop computer crashed recently, so I can't post. If others can, please do...

:adams-small: :scotty-small:

Let's see if I can do something with this....

Driver:

Either Tour Issue Adams 9064LS DFS 9.5 with either Miyazaki C.Kua 39S or Aldila R.I.P Alpha, or Adams F11 10.5 with Grafalloy Epic 75s, or old trusty Tour Issue Nike Sq Tour 460 9.5 with Diamana Blueboard

3 Wood: TMag R9 15* with Fujikura Motore 70s

Hybrids: Adams 9031 Pro Black 18* and 23* both with KBS Hybrid S

Irons:

4-7 Tour Issue Adams CB2 w/ KBS Tour

8-GW Tour Issue Adams CB1 w/ KBS Tour

Wedges:

Cleveland CG12 Tour Issued RAW finish that's been blackened 56* and 60* with DG Spinner

Callaway X-Forged Vintage Blackened 64* with DG Spinner

Still working on Scratch Tour Dept. 1018 56* and 60* wedges with DG Spinners (still gotta get the grinds like I like them, haven't had time to work on them with Putter refinishes I've been doing.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Art of Putting Laguna with UST Frequency Filter cut at 33.5" and Red Iomic Grip

-or-

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.6

Still waiting on LaMont to get back to me on a custom Montana.

Rest of clubs have Lamkin Performance Plus 3gen White Midsize grips

Bag: KBS Tour Staff Bag

Ball: Nike One Tour D and MG Tour C4

Give me a few weeks to sort everything out.

Looks like your a bit of :adams-small: with some :callaway-small: , :cleveland-small: , :scotty-small: , and :taylormade-small: . Nice stew...

Bag set? Not even close. I did round one of fitting and lessons last year and between those plus various sites I've picked up a tonne to be applied to this years gear.

Driver: Not Set. Contenders: 9064LS (Gamma) / S3 Max (DI-6) / S3 (RIP Beta) / 910 D2 (Kai'li)

Fariways: Set. Cobra S2's with Ozik's. Dear lordly I luv these clubs

Hybrids: Set. Titleist 909H's with Blueboards

Irons: Not Set. Contenders: CG16's (KBS Tour) / S3 (KBS Tour) / MX 200's (BTR's)

Wedges: Not Set. Contenders: CG16's / MP-11's / Eidolon / Jaws

Putter: Not Set. Contenders: Odyssey mallet Dart / Peretti Teramo / Cleveland Classic #9

A long ways to go. Really, my goal is to get everything sorted for next year's season since I've already started playing this year. We'll see. Some days I feel like SacTown and want every shiny club in my path :P

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

A long ways to go. Really, my goal is to get everything sorted for next year's season since I've already started playing this year. We'll see. Some days I feel like SacTown and want every shiny club in my path :P

Now that is a plan! :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

My golf bag contains golf clubs. Never less/more than 14. Thats as close as you'll get me to setting a bag.

I can go months without changing out a club, then play 3 rounds in 3 days with no club the same in any round.

I went to a 72 hole tournament out of town last year and used 4 putters over 4 rounds.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Nothing is set. I can't even say that I know for sure that I will be putting with one of my currently owned putters because I'm hoping to get fit for a new Byron. Definitely searching for new irons and probably new wedges. Driver could be up for grabs given my swing changes. 3W has been out of the bag for over a year, so anything could go there. Probably time to update the 19* spot too, if I can find something good.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Looks like your a bit of :adams-small: with some :callaway-small: , :cleveland-small: , :scotty-small: , and :taylormade-small: . Nice stew...

Yeah I bought a new CG15 60* the other day too. So it or the Scratch TD will take that place and the Scratch TD is vying for the 56* slot.

I'm taking 3 drivers tomorrow to hit on a launch monitor and try to decide which one is the one for the season (or now anyway).

Adams 9064LS DFS with Aldila R.I.P Alpha and also have a C.Kua 39s with a tip installed on it as well.

Adams F11 with Grafalloy Epic.

Old Trusty Nike Sq Tour 460 with Diamana Blueboard.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I've sold off all my other clubs, and my first day out is 3/31. My bag will continue to be set...

Cleveland won the iron race for the forseeable future. These CG16's are as close to automatic as I've ever found in a golf club. Obviously they aren't for everyone but it allows me to not worry about one less part of my game.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Narrowing it down:

Driver: No idea

15*: Tour Edge CB4 or XCG4 or Cleveland Mashie

3I: Cleveland Mashie or TM Rescue 11 (outside shot at an Exotics XCG hybrid)

4-PW: Ping S56 or TM TP MC

Wedges: Ping Tour S, possibly TM, possibly staying with Scratch

Putter: I gave in to the big putter grip today. Not sure what it's going on yet, but damned if that grip didn't make 10 footers like they were kick ins. It's the new Ping ginormous grip...probably going to bastardize a Betti or Byron with that grip...sorry guys.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Putter: I gave in to the big putter grip today. Not sure what it's going on yet, but damned if that grip didn't make 10 footers like they were kick ins. It's the new Ping ginormous grip...probably going to bastardize a Betti or Byron with that grip...sorry guys.

I haven't seen this. Can you post a pic?

With some :titelist-small: thrown in for good measure...

Love me some :ping-small:, but the :titelist-small: fairway metals since have some life!

---
Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9*, Fujikura Speeder, Stiff with 10 gram weight
Fairway: Callaway Big Bertha Epic 3W (15*), 7W (20*), Fujikura, Stiff
Irons: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead XR Pro 5I - AW, KBS Tour 120 Steel Stiff, 2* flat, 1/2" short
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 56/10, 60/8, KBS Hi-Rev Stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Bullseye Flange 33"
Bag: Callaway Stand Bag
Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Ball: Titleist ProV1x
Shoes: New Balance
Rangefinder: Nikon Cool Shot

My bag for the year is listed below. I think the AP2s will be in my bag for a lot longer than just this year. It's a lot harder for us lefties to try clubs and find what works for us.

Driver: Cleveland Classic Custom 9 degrees with Matrix Black Tie Stiff Shaft

3 Wood: Nike VR Pro Limited edition with Diamana Ahina X-stiff shaft

3 hybrid: Adams A12 pro (20 degrees) with RIP X-stiff shaft

4-PW: Titleist AP2 with True Tember Dynamic Gold X-300 shaft

52 degree wedge: Cleveland CG15

56 degree Wedge: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled

60 degree wedge: Cleveland 588 forged

Putter: Edel custom with Flatso mid grip

Cleveland won the iron race for the forseeable future. These CG16's are as close to automatic as I've ever found in a golf club. Obviously they aren't for everyone but it allows me to not worry about one less part of my game.

Steel or Graphite shafts?

I got one of the play it forward 7 irons........if I were trading out....they would def be in the running.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Steel shafts. I had the shafts replaced with KBS tours instead of those super light steel shafts Cleveland has as stock as well. Lightweight shafts and I don't get along

So far, so good. I made it through the first round bruised and broken, but I think these clubs will work. I definitely need to dial them in. If anything, the first round taught me that I will never, ever start a season with brand new, untested clubs again...

currently

Driver: TM 09 burner 10.5 degree graphite designs tour proto 702x

3W: TM 09 burner 15 degree true temper steel stiff

3h 19 degree Warrior golf POS

Irons 4-9 Mizuno MP 57 proj x 6.0

52 & 56 wedges: callaway x tour proj x 6.0

lob wedge 60 degree callaway x tour true temper wedge flex

Boccieri A2-M

Pro V1X or whatever ball I can get my hands on

putter has a winn pistol, all others lamkin crossline full cord

. . . but in two weeks I go get a proper fitting and the whole kit n kaboodle will be up for grabs with the exception of the iron heads themselves, I don't know if I'll ever be able to drag myself away from that mizuno feel

Archived