Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shaft Rental!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!

PMookie

Thanks for sharing! Definitely going to bookmark this site!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

The rental looks cool but I wouldn't buy a shaft from them. Same Even Flow shaft I got brand new with TM adapter for $110 is $299.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The rental looks cool but I wouldn't buy a shaft from them. Same Even Flow shaft I got brand new with TM adapter for $110 is $299.

Yeah, prices are maxed-out. Rental only for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Where’d you get your shaft?

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

17 hours ago, PMookie said:

Where’d you get your shaft?

I'll add a caveat to what I said about the price. IF it's the hand crafted version, then the price is in line with everyone else, however, the photo that they have is a stock one and they show both the standard and hand crafted but don't say which one you get anywhere on the page. I have the "standard" Even Flow blue.

I got mine on Ebay from a very reputable seller, thegolfmarket. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Project-X-Golf-EvenFlow-Blue-Driver-Shaft-Uncut-or-w-Adapter-Tip-Grip-NEW/202596531443?var=502883709715

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

12 minutes ago, MattF said:

I'll add a caveat to what I said about the price. IF it's the hand crafted version, then the price is in line with everyone else, however, the photo that they have is a stock one and they show both the standard and hand crafted but don't say which one you get anywhere on the page. I have the "standard" Even Flow blue.

I got mine on Ebay from a very reputable seller, thegolfmarket. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Project-X-Golf-EvenFlow-Blue-Driver-Shaft-Uncut-or-w-Adapter-Tip-Grip-NEW/202596531443?var=502883709715

Now that px has stopped making handcrafted in San Diego that has gone away and the blue and black were the last even flow with HC other than some initial runs of the white.  I’m guessing any new blue or black wont be handcrafted 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

The Handcrafted and Small Batch stuff from PX is some of the biggest marketing bullshit I've ever seen.  It's an excuse to charge more money.

Granted it’s nice to have a handcrafted seal on a shaft and use that for marketing it’s not really bs, considering that there’s only a handful of people that were certified by px to hand roll their shafts in SD and they are only able to produce a small number per day and while there may be some small tolerance differences between each person they are much tighter than the mass produced ones.

as for small batch those were done for tour use/testing and then turned around to sell a portion of them so guys who ordered were getting “prototype” shafts.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Granted it’s nice to have a handcrafted seal on a shaft and use that for marketing it’s not really bs, considering that there’s only a handful of people that were certified by px to hand roll their shafts in SD and they are only able to produce a small number per day and while there may be some small tolerance differences between each person they are much tighter than the mass produced ones.

as for small batch those were done for tour use/testing and then turned around to sell a portion of them so guys who ordered were getting “prototype” shafts.

Not marketing bs in terms of being an actual difference in how it's made, but there is zero difference in performance. In fact, a bunch of top fitters have said why would you want to bring human error into the equation when a machine rolled shaft can have tighter tolerances. 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Not marketing bs in terms of being an actual difference in how it's made, but there is zero difference in performance. In fact, a bunch of top fitters have said why would you want to bring human error into the equation when a machine rolled shaft can have tighter tolerances. 

Unless a bunch of companies have changed how they do business the vast majority of shafts are have rolled and I was told that by someone in the shaft business. Do tolerances by someone producing a dozen or so shafts/day and a total of maybe 60 or so/day from the team compared to an overseas factory of multiple people rolling shafts and producing hundreds/shift is going to be a lot better. 

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Unless a bunch of companies have changed how they do business the vast majority of shafts are have rolled and I was told that by someone in the shaft business. Do tolerances by someone producing a dozen or so shafts/day and a total of maybe 60 or so/day from the team compared to an overseas factory of multiple people rolling shafts and producing hundreds/shift is going to be a lot better. 

My mistake, I was thinking of something else.  You're right that almost all shafts are hand rolled.  The point I was trying to make (but incorrectly stated), was that if all shafts are hand rolled, how can saying have a few special people hand rolling a shaft makes a shaft that much more special.  It really doesn't.  There is no real difference.  The specs are exactly the same.  It's marketing.  

post-494700-0-99786500-1522385677.png

2 minutes ago, jlukes said:

My mistake, I was thinking of something else.  You're right that almost all shafts are hand rolled.  The point I was trying to make (but incorrectly stated), was that if all shafts are hand rolled, how can saying have a few special people hand rolling a shaft makes a shaft that much more special.  It really doesn't.  There is no real difference.  The specs are exactly the same.  It's marketing.  

post-494700-0-99786500-1522385677.png

I agree they are the same specs but the tolerances between what was rolled in SD are much tighter than what’s rolled overseas. In SD one person in a day is rolling a dozen or so shafts where as in their facility overseas one person is rolling hundreds.