Sign in to follow this  
oldguy819

Proffesional fitting

I was fitted by a TrackMan Certified Master Fitter today at Carls Golfland in Bloomfield Hills Michigan by Ryan Johnson.  Considering I've been playing the game nearly 55 years I think I learned as much today and I ever have.  First my 15 year old Bridgestone J-36 irons (which I LOVED) with Project X 6.0 Rifle shafts Just aren't for a mature swinger.  I can't flex them anymore. Tested with 7 iron. I hit Ping G-410, (Very nice hit, good consistency, accurate. My first choice until...     Taylor Made M-6 Lots of vibration felt through my hands.  Honma P747.  Excellent fit and feel Everything felt and looked great except spin rate too low.  Cobra King F9.  Didn't please my eye and didn't feel right. Finally what I though I would NOT like, the Titleist T300.  WOW! Couldn't even feel the ball off the face.  A nice "click" and the ball was gone.  Very tight group.  With the AMT Black R300 shafts I increased my ball speed 10mph and gained from123.1yds to141.3yds yards carry.  Smash factor from 1.21 to 1.33  Spins and angles all good. For an older gent like me I enjoyed the increased speed and distance but MORE IMPORTANTLY the tight grouping and consistent distances. Now I can adjust my club selection with confidence instead of guessing as with my old set.

Just my 13 cents worth of contribution to the forums. I'll be happy to answer Q's if anybody has any. 

May I add. Mr. Ryan Johnson did not assume anything when we met as some in the industry do.  See my age assume my swing.  He took his time.  Evaluated every aspect and not only made recommendations but allowed me the time to hit and self evaluate along with the numbers.  Very pleased with Carl's over my years of buying equipment, shoes and apparel.

Edited by oldguy819
missed word
  • Like 5

Nice! A good fitter is really a great thing. Now go out and shoot your personal best 👍

Sounds like a qualify fitting by someone who knew what he was doing.   Always great to hear 

I've got my eyes on the T300 as well 😎

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I've got my eyes on the T300 as well 😎

When don't you have your eyes on some new irons?

• Like 1

Update us once you get the new sticks! I went into a Club Champion fitting in January of 2018 thinking I'd come out with Callaway CF 16's or maybe Pings. Instead, Titleist AP2/AP3 combo set and it was a tremendous change for the better. Picked up distance, confidence and handicap dropped a bit. Can't say enough about great fitting experiences.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3