TESTERS WANTED! ×

Proffesional fitting

oldguy819

Nice! A good fitter is really a great thing. Now go out and shoot your personal best 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Sounds like a qualify fitting by someone who knew what he was doing.   Always great to hear 

I've got my eyes on the T300 as well 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

36 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I've got my eyes on the T300 as well 😎

When don't you have your eyes on some new irons?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Update us once you get the new sticks! I went into a Club Champion fitting in January of 2018 thinking I'd come out with Callaway CF 16's or maybe Pings. Instead, Titleist AP2/AP3 combo set and it was a tremendous change for the better. Picked up distance, confidence and handicap dropped a bit. Can't say enough about great fitting experiences.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally played my second round With the T300's.  I'm at a pretty low point right now with my swing BUT.  When I do hit them right they go great and on line.  I'm back to hitting my old yardages ON LINE.  And spin the ball nicely.  I'm able to draw and fade at will again. I've got a case of the "thins" right now and it's driving me crazy. All in all.  Look great.  Hit great. FEEL great.

Thanks for listening

J

Been golfing 63 years.  Consider myself better than average. Play 54 - 72 holes a week in season. 

Good review.  I'm quite certain you are dead smack in the middle of the bell curve of players who have outgrown their muscle sticks.  Heck, even the Champion Tour players start having to adjust for biomechanical deterioration and they play and train for this game for a living. That's the really great thing about advancements in club fitting - it provides the information needed to select the most appropriate clubs... whether us fittee's leave our pride at the door and choose the right clubs is another matter. 😉

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Really nice write up - thanks for starting this thread and sharing with us.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Club fitting is the way to go! I just got fitted at a Titleist Thursday event and WOW! I have had my Snake Eyes (classic Golfsmith brand) irons for the past 12 years and it felt time to upgrade. The biggest difference I noticed is shaft, they all had true temper regular flex shafts and I was fitted with an X-stiff (driver swing speed is at 128mph). WHAT A DIFFERENCE! My shots are so much more consistent and I feel more confident in going for the green. I would recommend to anyone to get fitted for clubs that fit you the best.

1. Driver: Taylormade R7/ Fujikura Stiff (Need to upgrade)
  2. Fairway Wood: Cleveland Launcher/ Pro Launch Blue
  3. Titleist T-100/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
  4. Long Island, New York
  5. 11 Handicap

9 minutes ago, Matt686 said:

Club fitting is the way to go! I just got fitted at a Titleist Thursday event and WOW! I have had my Snake Eyes (classic Golfsmith brand) irons for the past 12 years and it felt time to upgrade. The biggest difference I noticed is shaft, they all had true temper regular flex shafts and I was fitted with an X-stiff (driver swing speed is at 128mph). WHAT A DIFFERENCE! My shots are so much more consistent and I feel more confident in going for the green. I would recommend to anyone to get fitted for clubs that fit you the best.

Whoa there buddy, back up a second. You have a 128mph Driver SS and you've been playing regular flex irons?

Whats your 6/7 iron SS? over 100mph I reckon. How did you manage with regular flex or did you just adapt as most good players can?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Whoa there buddy, back up a second. You have a 128mph Driver SS and you've been playing regular flex irons?

Whats your 6/7 iron SS? over 100mph I reckon. How did you manage with regular flex or did you just adapt as most good players can?

I believe my 7 iron was a little over 100. I thought I was just losing it but once I hit the T-100’s with the dynamic gold tour x100 shafts I was blown away!! I would try to adjust for the regular shafts but my shots were VERY inconsistent. 

My next step is to get new shafts for the rest of my clubs, including my driver. I’m currently hitting a TaylorMade r7 with a stiff shaft. I was fitted for a TS4 with the fujikura atmos tour spec black in X-stiff and WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I now recommend to all my friends, even if they only play 1-2 times per week, to at least get on a monitor so they can have equipment made for their swing.

4. Long Island, New York
  5. 11 Handicap

• 2 months later...

Fitting is so important to improving your game and being able to play your best. However all fitters are not created equal. If an iron fitting is under an hour it’s not worth your time or money. If they are not using some type of technology to show club head and face data I would personally get up and leave. If they push a brand shaft or club that’s a sign something is wrong. It sounds like you had a great fitting! You learned a lot and you purchased something you did not think you would. The t-300 in one mans opinion is the best looking “game improvement” iron ever made. It looks better than some players distance irons but packs in all the technology you can. I just got a t-200/t-100 combo set and I see all the t-series irons after thinking they just looked a little goofy compared to the mizunos I was locked into... data never lies though and nothing touch the performance of the Titleist irons for me and my swing. 

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

55 minutes ago, Brandon M said:

However all fitters are not created equal. If an iron fitting is under an hour it’s not worth your time or money. 

I think this needs a caveat. If going in to a fitting with no particular brand and/or club type in mind then yeah an hour or so is probably right. However if one has a club type or brand in mind it can be a lot shorter time period.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

6 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I think this needs a caveat. If going in to a fitting with no particular brand and/or club type in mind then yeah an hour or so is probably right. However if one has a club type or brand in mind it can be a lot shorter time period.

Maybe... but if you’re after true performance than you should be open to testing every brand. Plus if you are say in the 18-12 hcp range then you could be looking across multiple categories... there are tools like the mizuno shaft optimizatier that can cut down some time in shaft selection but less than hour I still feel is tough with so many head choices let alone shafts... now where I will agree with you is maybe a better player who knows exactly what they want and overall the choices in players irons are fewer than players distance and game improvement and they are going to have to test fewer shafts should cut down the time.

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

4 hours ago, Brandon M said:

Maybe... but if you’re after true performance than you should be open to testing every brand. Plus if you are say in the 18-12 hcp range then you could be looking across multiple categories... there are tools like the mizuno shaft optimizatier that can cut down some time in shaft selection but less than hour I still feel is tough with so many head choices let alone shafts... now where I will agree with you is maybe a better player who knows exactly what they want and overall the choices in players irons are fewer than players distance and game improvement and they are going to have to test fewer shafts should cut down the time.

Choices and how one goes about them is what makes golf great and what each person looks for or considers better performance will vary. 

a good fitter can get someone in the right setup relatively quickly. Shafts can be narrowed down based on flight characteristics and golfer feedback. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 4 months later...
On 9/7/2019 at 7:30 PM, oldguy819 said:

I was fitted by a TrackMan Certified Master Fitter today at Carls Golfland in Bloomfield Hills Michigan by Ryan Johnson.  Considering I've been playing the game nearly 55 years I think I learned as much today and I ever have.  First my 15 year old Bridgestone J-36 irons (which I LOVED) with Project X 6.0 Rifle shafts Just aren't for a mature swinger.  I can't flex them anymore. Tested with 7 iron. I hit Ping G-410, (Very nice hit, good consistency, accurate. My first choice until...     Taylor Made M-6 Lots of vibration felt through my hands.  Honma P747.  Excellent fit and feel Everything felt and looked great except spin rate too low.  Cobra King F9.  Didn't please my eye and didn't feel right. Finally what I though I would NOT like, the Titleist T300.  WOW! Couldn't even feel the ball off the face.  A nice "click" and the ball was gone.  Very tight group.  With the AMT Black R300 shafts I increased my ball speed 10mph and gained from123.1yds to141.3yds yards carry.  Smash factor from 1.21 to 1.33  Spins and angles all good. For an older gent like me I enjoyed the increased speed and distance but MORE IMPORTANTLY the tight grouping and consistent distances. Now I can adjust my club selection with confidence instead of guessing as with my old set.

Just my 13 cents worth of contribution to the forums. I'll be happy to answer Q's if anybody has any. 

May I add. Mr. Ryan Johnson did not assume anything when we met as some in the industry do.  See my age assume my swing.  He took his time.  Evaluated every aspect and not only made recommendations but allowed me the time to hit and self evaluate along with the numbers.  Very pleased with Carl's over my years of buying equipment, shoes and apparel.

I never considered fitting for the first 12 years I’ve played, but after reading a lot about it I gave it a try for some new irons. Makes a world of difference!

4. Long Island, New York
  5. 11 Handicap