Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
oldguy819

Proffesional fitting

Recommended Posts

Sounds like a qualify fitting by someone who knew what he was doing.   Always great to hear 

I've got my eyes on the T300 as well 😎

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I've got my eyes on the T300 as well 😎

When don't you have your eyes on some new irons?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update us once you get the new sticks! I went into a Club Champion fitting in January of 2018 thinking I'd come out with Callaway CF 16's or maybe Pings. Instead, Titleist AP2/AP3 combo set and it was a tremendous change for the better. Picked up distance, confidence and handicap dropped a bit. Can't say enough about great fitting experiences.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally played my second round With the T300's.  I'm at a pretty low point right now with my swing BUT.  When I do hit them right they go great and on line.  I'm back to hitting my old yardages ON LINE.  And spin the ball nicely.  I'm able to draw and fade at will again. I've got a case of the "thins" right now and it's driving me crazy. All in all.  Look great.  Hit great. FEEL great.

Thanks for listening

J

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good review.  I'm quite certain you are dead smack in the middle of the bell curve of players who have outgrown their muscle sticks.  Heck, even the Champion Tour players start having to adjust for biomechanical deterioration and they play and train for this game for a living. That's the really great thing about advancements in club fitting - it provides the information needed to select the most appropriate clubs... whether us fittee's leave our pride at the door and choose the right clubs is another matter. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice write up - thanks for starting this thread and sharing with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Club fitting is the way to go! I just got fitted at a Titleist Thursday event and WOW! I have had my Snake Eyes (classic Golfsmith brand) irons for the past 12 years and it felt time to upgrade. The biggest difference I noticed is shaft, they all had true temper regular flex shafts and I was fitted with an X-stiff (driver swing speed is at 128mph). WHAT A DIFFERENCE! My shots are so much more consistent and I feel more confident in going for the green. I would recommend to anyone to get fitted for clubs that fit you the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matt686 said:

Club fitting is the way to go! I just got fitted at a Titleist Thursday event and WOW! I have had my Snake Eyes (classic Golfsmith brand) irons for the past 12 years and it felt time to upgrade. The biggest difference I noticed is shaft, they all had true temper regular flex shafts and I was fitted with an X-stiff (driver swing speed is at 128mph). WHAT A DIFFERENCE! My shots are so much more consistent and I feel more confident in going for the green. I would recommend to anyone to get fitted for clubs that fit you the best.

Whoa there buddy, back up a second. You have a 128mph Driver SS and you've been playing regular flex irons?

Whats your 6/7 iron SS? over 100mph I reckon. How did you manage with regular flex or did you just adapt as most good players can?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Whoa there buddy, back up a second. You have a 128mph Driver SS and you've been playing regular flex irons?

Whats your 6/7 iron SS? over 100mph I reckon. How did you manage with regular flex or did you just adapt as most good players can?

I believe my 7 iron was a little over 100. I thought I was just losing it but once I hit the T-100’s with the dynamic gold tour x100 shafts I was blown away!! I would try to adjust for the regular shafts but my shots were VERY inconsistent. 
 

My next step is to get new shafts for the rest of my clubs, including my driver. I’m currently hitting a TaylorMade r7 with a stiff shaft. I was fitted for a TS4 with the fujikura atmos tour spec black in X-stiff and WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I now recommend to all my friends, even if they only play 1-2 times per week, to at least get on a monitor so they can have equipment made for their swing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitting is so important to improving your game and being able to play your best. However all fitters are not created equal. If an iron fitting is under an hour it’s not worth your time or money. If they are not using some type of technology to show club head and face data I would personally get up and leave. If they push a brand shaft or club that’s a sign something is wrong. It sounds like you had a great fitting! You learned a lot and you purchased something you did not think you would. The t-300 in one mans opinion is the best looking “game improvement” iron ever made. It looks better than some players distance irons but packs in all the technology you can. I just got a t-200/t-100 combo set and I see all the t-series irons after thinking they just looked a little goofy compared to the mizunos I was locked into... data never lies though and nothing touch the performance of the Titleist irons for me and my swing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Brandon M said:

However all fitters are not created equal. If an iron fitting is under an hour it’s not worth your time or money. 

I think this needs a caveat. If going in to a fitting with no particular brand and/or club type in mind then yeah an hour or so is probably right. However if one has a club type or brand in mind it can be a lot shorter time period.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I think this needs a caveat. If going in to a fitting with no particular brand and/or club type in mind then yeah an hour or so is probably right. However if one has a club type or brand in mind it can be a lot shorter time period.

Maybe... but if you’re after true performance than you should be open to testing every brand. Plus if you are say in the 18-12 hcp range then you could be looking across multiple categories... there are tools like the mizuno shaft optimizatier that can cut down some time in shaft selection but less than hour I still feel is tough with so many head choices let alone shafts... now where I will agree with you is maybe a better player who knows exactly what they want and overall the choices in players irons are fewer than players distance and game improvement and they are going to have to test fewer shafts should cut down the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brandon M said:

Maybe... but if you’re after true performance than you should be open to testing every brand. Plus if you are say in the 18-12 hcp range then you could be looking across multiple categories... there are tools like the mizuno shaft optimizatier that can cut down some time in shaft selection but less than hour I still feel is tough with so many head choices let alone shafts... now where I will agree with you is maybe a better player who knows exactly what they want and overall the choices in players irons are fewer than players distance and game improvement and they are going to have to test fewer shafts should cut down the time.

Choices and how one goes about them is what makes golf great and what each person looks for or considers better performance will vary. 
 

a good fitter can get someone in the right setup relatively quickly. Shafts can be narrowed down based on flight characteristics and golfer feedback. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...