TESTERS WANTED! ×

What do you do for a living?

mudfish

As indicated by my avatar, Nuclear Chemist... retired.  Oh, and Jmike...  after traveling all over the USA and making 32 trips to Russia. I have earned enough Delta FF miles to go to the moon and back 5 times.  I'm running out though, only 500K miles left.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

As indicated by my avatar, Nuclear Chemist... retired.  Oh, and Jmike...  after traveling all over the USA and making 32 trips to Russia. I have earned enough Delta FF miles to go to the moon and back 5 times.  I'm running out though, only 500K miles left.

Should be good for a couple more trips to Florida.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Should be good for a couple more trips to Florida.

Going to Phoenix this next February, but that is a short trip and I don't waste those valuable miles on short trips.  We got upgraded going to Florida this year.  I am actually thinking about Kona but don't have a timeframe yet.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You have a few years on me, but I am confident that I can get there!

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I'm a drug dealer... Insulin. I have been a rep in pharma for 10 years now. It's an ok job, I've done well, but the move back to sales was necessitated by the birth of our three kids and mounting debt from being a very low paid teacher/coach. I miss following my passion, coaching hoops, but our family needed the income. I dream of winning a lottery of some kind just so I can get back to my true passion. It won't ever happen, but I can't complain about my job either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

36 self employed apple tech/diehard golfer

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 13 Degree
3 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 15 Degree
5 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 18 Degree
4th:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 22 Degree
5-P  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4
Gap:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Sand:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Lob:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Putter: Directed Force "Reno" Putter

I feel like we are back to a/s/l is this AOL

Driver:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 13 Degree
3 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 15 Degree
5 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 18 Degree
4th:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 22 Degree
5-P  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4
Gap:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Sand:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Lob:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Putter: Directed Force "Reno" Putter

It's on here earlier in the thread but I do exactly what my screen name implies. I'm a senior pastor of a congregation of about 650 with a school of 250 kids and a staff of 50 or so people. I also have some asortedjobs in my church body including being the chaplain for our deaconesses. I enjoy that gig.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

23 years old, farmer and college student

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

36. Project Manager at a high end cabinet shop in MN. Part time cashier at gas station by my house (golf money)! Part time student. Raising 2 boys with my wife. Still have time to play golf and keep dropping that handicap. Down to 6.9 after a 12 a year ago!

• 6 months later...

... After starting out as a DJ going from a small town in NC and several stops along the way finally making it all the way to Chicago, I changed careers and have been an actor with the Screen Actors Guild for over 35 years. Thankfully I have never needed a supplemental job and have been able to make a living at my craft, so I am very lucky. Film and TV are a ton of fun but the big money is in commercial acting. I have been in over 100 commercials in my career and have been the TV spokesperson for Humana going on 17 years now. The bad thing about acting is you have lots of down time when you aren't working with no money coming in. The good thing about acting is you have lots of down time and that means TONS of golf. ;) I have done quite a few golf commercials and training films so my two passions have combined several times and that was always fun and rewarding. 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0220308/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Missed this thread when I joined last summer.

I made a career change about 14 months ago.

Currently I am Tournament and Outing Director for a 36 hole golf course in Maryland.

I absolutely love what I do and it has allowed me a lot of great opportunities in the golf industry in a very short time.

Prior I had been with Hilton Hotels for 21 years and Holiday Inn for 5 years prior to that.

The final 12 years as a General Manager and a Director of Sales before that.

It's been the best move I could have ever made and only wish I had done it 15 years ago when I had the opportunity.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm head keeper of the woodshed.  When folks need a good arse whupping I take care of buisness.  jk but not really ;)  :D 

My job pre retirement was computer support as a civil servant.  Thirteen years with the Army and then nineteen with the Air Force.  I went through all sorts of computer related jobs during my 32 years working.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm head keeper of the woodshed.  When folks need a good arse whupping I take care of buisness.  jk but not really ;)  :D 

My job pre retirement was computer support as a civil servant.  Thirteen years with the Army and then nineteen with the Air Force.  I went through all sorts of computer related jobs during my 32 years working.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm flying to training as I type, so here's my NEW job:

Regional Business Manager for a company that has tissue and devices for corneal transplant surgeries. I cover the Southern US calling on Ophthalmologists and I am in the OR with them when they use our tissue or devices.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Sales Manager for Johnson Controls Inc upstate NY and Vermont. Love the job. I get to work with an amazing team, have a flexible schedule, and get to see the inner workings of buildings' heating/cooling systems, building controls, fire and security systems. Small industry from the standpoint of how many people are in it, but would encourage any high schooler to take a look at this industry.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Searching
Wood: Cobra Fly-Z 3 wood factory stiff shaft
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 3-hybrid factory stiff shaft
Irons: Cobra F8 One Length 5-GW
Wedges: 52,56,60 Mizuno mp t5
Putter: Sentio Red (Medium)
Ball: Bridgestone E6 Speed, and Titleist Pro V1

I'm a farm hand and Texas A&M student.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Regional Business Manager for a company that has tissue and devices for corneal transplant surgeries. I cover the Southern US calling on Ophthalmologists and I am in the OR with them when they use our tissue or devices.

sounds like your keeping an eye on things

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

I'm a high school teacher and I work much of the winter and full time in the summer at a golf shop.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I've had glaucoma since my late 30's. Its controlled with medicine but I have suffered optic nerve damage along the way. The day may come when your services are needed! Thanks

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Civil Engineering Designer.  At 42, I haven't felt the desire to get licensed and feel perfectly content in the shadows.  The bureaucracy can be overwhelming for the guy who actually has to sign his seal.  Endless meetings and constant travel.  The divorce rate among licensed professional engineers is astonishing.  

My family thanks me every afternoon when I get to go home at 5. 

Currently a Digital Asset Manager at a small motion picture studio here in Utah. Currently waiting to see if I get into grad school at Northwestern in Chicago.

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

What a change in three years. Closer to 40 and now the CFO of the Americas. No more geeky accounting for me and more oversight and development work. Oh and enough frequent flyer miles to go to the moon and back...twice.

Seems like every time this thread pops up I am doing something different for my company.  We have some changes at the senior level with some people moving around so I technically still fill the role of the CFO for the company but have added the responsibility of acting as the President for one of our properties.  I have not done an ops role in a lot of years so I am still trying to decide if that is for me or not, but so far it is a welcome change in some respects.  Once we get all the moving parts aligned I will get to decide if that is the path I want to move down or I want to stay in a corporate CFO role.  The best thing about my company is that it is my decision.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I work in local government, in the sewer department. (Insert poop jokes here).

I also unload trucks at Lowes Sunday to Thursday.

However, what I want to be doing is owning a cafe in Florida...hopefully that will happen in about 7 years after my son graduates.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!