TESTERS WANTED! ×

What do you do for a living?

mudfish

Office mate grew up in Plano and she still raves about it. Hopefully you will too. :)

Thanks I hope to, i will keep you all posted

My wife lived all over Texas, and her grandparents are still in Dallas, which is why I asked. Sadly, I am unfamiliar with Plano; perhaps I'll detour there on the next trip to her grandparents.

Sounds good lemme know!

Plano TX... Home of Adams Golf. You should be able to find some SICK golf clubs floating around there.

Yes indeed. for years all I knew about Plano was Adams golf. not much has changed lol.

I got to meet Barney a few years ago playing golf, super nice guy. back in college i saw the first "upside down" tight lie and the air assault (?) clubs he had. way ahead of his time. great guy. the company always took care of us in college.

I actually played last Tuesday with the CEO of the company that does all of our labels/packages. He told me his factory is right across the street from the Adams factory. i smell a visit =)

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

i smell a visit =)

I like the way that sounds.....

I have spent some time with one of the tour reps, a very cool fella, and it seems like Adams is just Doing it right.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

I like the way that sounds.....

I have spent some time with one of the tour reps, a very cool fella, and it seems like Adams is just Doing it right.

Did you do that on purpose?

Why do you think that Adams is making a charge into the market more now than in the past?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

This seems like a good question for another thread... I hate to hijack the What do I do for a Living thread...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

This seems like a good question for another thread... I hate to hijack the What do I do for a Living thread...

Good idea. I'll go and set it up.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Graduated from Northern Illinois University in 2007 with degree in Broadcast Journalism. Immediately moved to Northwest Montana to take a job as News/Sports Reporter for NBC television affiliate. (Too much snow/cold.... not enough golf up there :angry: ) Anyway... After 2 years, my contract was up and I didn't find anything immediate that I wanted to jump on.

Moved back home to Illinois, am now employed by one of the FINE Golf Galaxy locations. Going to do this until I can figure what else I would like to do with my life. Until then... Tee it high, and let it fly!

I would like to get back into television news, but who knows what the future holds!

Cheers!

PingManKMB

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Graduated from Northern Illinois University in 2007 with degree in Broadcast Journalism. Immediately moved to Northwest Montana to take a job as News/Sports Reporter for NBC television affiliate. (Too much snow/cold.... not enough golf up there :angry: ) Anyway... After 2 years, my contract was up and I didn't find anything immediate that I wanted to jump on.

Moved back home to Illinois, am now employed by one of the FINE Golf Galaxy locations. Going to do this until I can figure what else I would like to do with my life. Until then... Tee it high, and let it fly!

I would like to get back into television news, but who knows what the future holds!

Cheers!

PingManKMB

Is there any chance you are one of the fine employees at the Schaumburg GG?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

well I'm boring. I just build houses for a living. From bare section to move in. Been doing it about 8 years. I did 2 years at university after HS, before deciding that it wasn't for me. I had no problems with the class themselves. They just bored me. So I went work for a guy I worked for over the holidays. Still doing it now.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

well I'm boring. I just build houses for a living. From bare section to move in. Been doing it about 8 years. I did 2 years at university after HS, before deciding that it wasn't for me. I had no problems with the class themselves. They just bored me. So I went work for a guy I worked for over the holidays. Still doing it now.

Build any mansions?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• 2 months later...

Retired USAF (20 yrs - 19 yrs ago)

Now working on the USAF base in Cheyenne, Wyo running the supply warehouse. About to try and change jobs and go work for Veteran's Affairs. I want to do what I can to help those who serve/served.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I'm enjoying it very much! I was a moderator on the forum at Rankmark.com, but recently they decided to do away with the forum and it disappeared overnight from the website (with no warning). I've kind of been looking around for a new "home" and I think I just may have found one!

Thanks for the welcome. :rolleyes:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Build any mansions?

We did one last year that was 598 square metres (6400sq feet) one a single storey. Biggest one I've done. Spent the morning framing a roof up today, then it started raining so went to another job and spent the afternoon fitting a shower and laying tiles.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

what do I do...? - Carpenter / Contractor. 30+ years in the trade.

Got my degree in Art, met some of the most famous people in that world and knew that, while good and acknowledged (awards, shows, etc.) I was never to be on that level.

Carpentry to me is akin to sculpture/painting - you create something new from nothing every day, that satisfaction is what makes me get up happy every day and to top it off, I am my own boss... :D

If you ever have a question about anything related to your home, PM me -I have seen it all. :rolleyes:

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

Guess I can't call you in for a new edition for my house now can I?

JB - it wouldn't be the first time on a forum that I haven't been asked questions, reviewed plans. If something doesn't ring true while works being done,shoot me a pm anytime -

We build a bit differently here in the NorthEast - those cold winters make for houses lasting 200+ years in these parts.

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 38. I run a small (very small, meaning, just me!) I.T. Consulting Company and work for other small businesses helping them with pretty much the full range of thier I.T. needs. I do network design and installation, as well as PC sales and repair. I have a pretty good life for the most part, I get to help people like myself (small business owners) for a living, which I find very rewarding, and I have a flexible schedule that allows me to persue my other passion: golf!

I have a Communications Degree from the University of Missouri.

I helped start and currently sit on the board of our course's Golf Association, which has about 90 members. I am the "Communications Director", which means I keep everyone informed while trying desperately to avoid actually DOING anything! I also do all the tee times for our events and drink alot of beer and crown with the guys while we ****** about everthing! This year I started up a website for our members, you can see it but you can't laugh! Web Design is not my thing, but I enjoy learning how to do it! www.playitdown.net

I have a wife (14 years married) and a 9 year old daughter, both of whom have taken up golf in the past few years. Alot of our recreational and social time revolves around golf and our friends from the course. As I said, its not a bad life so far!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Right now I am a full time student studying Accounting. I was employed for 17 years by a major telecommunications company that decided to ship the jobs to Mexico and China. I was fortunate enough that the Government has picked up the tab for my education. Hopefully all will work out. Golf has definitely filled the void.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

• 1 year later...

I am 69. At age 30 I started messing with golf clubs as a hobby. Even went to Ken Smtih Golf Club Repair School in the early 70's. It was a hobby for many years as I was making to much money in sales/marketing for several non-business application type computer companies to consider golf clubmaking full time.

At age 42 I wanted a change. I cashed in my stock options and bought a small custom golf club shop. Spent 20 years doing that full time while expanding the business size and sales. In 1963 (at age 62), I saw the custon golf business begin to die so I sold the business and retired.

Now I sleep late, play golf, drink, eat, repeat.

Well, just found this post. I'm 28, and a Union Power Plant at one of the largest generating facilities in the US, here in good ole' Cartersville, GA. I've been bidding on other jobs to try and move up/around in the company, and still haven't gotten one (daggum seniority over credentials). I'm about to return to school after not going for 10 years and start working on getting either a mechanical or electrical engineering degree(have to see what schools I could possibly attend around here that will work within my work schedule and that will determine which one I'll be attempting to obtain) with a minor in business administration. I support a family of 4 on a single income, and work on clubs in my spare time. I've got a small side business doing club repair and refinishes, and haven't had any work in several weeks other than standard regrips, etc. Oh, and I've got to be at work for OT in the AM in 6.5 hours, so I'll be getting off of here very soon for the night. (Stupid shift work sucks, 12 hour shifts and work every other weekend. They are killing my golf game).

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Well welcome to the MyGolfSpy Forum and have to say I am jealous of your current job description.

I am 69. At age 30 I started messing with golf clubs as a hobby. Even went to Ken Smtih Golf Club Repair School in the early 70's. It was a hobby for many years as I was making to much money in sales/marketing for several non-business application type computer companies to consider golf clubmaking full time.

At age 42 I wanted a change. I cashed in my stock options and bought a small custom golf club shop. Spent 20 years doing that full time while expanding the business size and sales. In 1963 (at age 62), I saw the custon golf business begin to die so I sold the business and retired.

Now I sleep late, play golf, drink, eat, repeat.

#TruthDigest

• 1 year later...

Guess this is as good a place as any to make my first post. I am 40 and work for the Kentucky Court of Justice as a computer/network technician. My golf game has been virtually non-existent for the past 2 years - having triplets will do that to you. I am here now to find advice and help for my oldest sons golf game.

Sorry to continue the work talk, but this is something that my wife (a school psychologist) and I talk about all the time. My understanding of the education systems in many European countries is that, based on your skills in various fields, and possibly your preference, you are guided towards training in a particular field. That might be a college/academia, that might be carpentry, might be anything.

If we have any European members who could speak to this first hand, I would really like to know more about it.

In Australia the school system is less oriented towards university. Trades skills are accommodated for in the last 2 years of high school with options to start your apprenticeship studies to make you more appealing to an employer because you have completed most of the study during school.

We have an enormous trade shortage in Australia, hence anyone with those skills is paid very well.

As for what I do for a living, I am an electrician by trade and have just finished working as the maintenance engineer on a gold / silver mine in Papua New Guinea. I have taken up a new position as the Maintenance Manager for a National Engineering Asset Hire company in Australia.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Alright, I'll tell. I work at one of the largest on-course Golf Pro Shops in the US. I have been employed there as a Club Fitter and Sales Manager for the last 7 years. Before that, I was an Assistant Professional at a small 9 hole course for 6 years. I have been working in the Golf Industry full time since 1995. MGS is one of the places that I like to come to to get current information. You would be surprised how many times I would read something about a new product on MGS, and mention it to a sales rep, and they haven't got a clue about it. Speaks volumes to the quality of information that comes from this website.

Eugene? Thought about going there on our way back to Portland from Bandon but we didn't have the time.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image