TESTERS WANTED! ×

What do you do for a living?

mudfish

11 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

And a secret philanthropist!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH............Rule #1) Never talk about Golf Club Santa, bro. C'mon!

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

I'm 40, about to be 41.  I'm a homicide prosecutor in MA.

• TaylorMade SIM 9.0* Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5
  • TaylorMade M4 15* Aldila X-Torsion Copper 70x
  • TaylorMade M4 Rescue 19* Fujikura Atmos 83s
  • Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 22* Aldila NV Hybrid 105s
  • Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Project X LZ 5.5
  • Titleist Vokey SM7 52-12F | 56-14F | 60-12D Dynamic Gold Wedge
  • Tommy Armour Impact #3 35" 
  • TaylorMade TP5x
  • Vessel Player III Stand

10 minutes ago, meliaant said:

isn't a prosecuter a prosecuter? or do you specialize in homicide cases?

FWIW: I live in MA and was on a grand jury for Dedham district court about 5 years ago and whoa there are a lot of bad things that go on that we don't know about. got familiar with several ADA's and one of them was tied up in the Annie Dookhan case.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

...coming up on my 20 year anniversary at Howard Stern's alma mater. hard to believe; longest I was with a company before then was less than 5 years. 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 9:52 AM, StrokerAce said:

isn't a prosecuter a prosecuter? or do you specialize in homicide cases?

FWIW: I live in MA and was on a grand jury for Dedham district court about 5 years ago and whoa there are a lot of bad things that go on that we don't know about. got familiar with several ADA's and one of them was tied up in the Annie Dookhan case.

Dookhan was a nightmare for us! A prosecutor is a prosecutor, yes, but I'm assigned to the Major Felony/Homicide Unit.  

• TaylorMade SIM 9.0* Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5
  • TaylorMade M4 15* Aldila X-Torsion Copper 70x
  • TaylorMade M4 Rescue 19* Fujikura Atmos 83s
  • Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 22* Aldila NV Hybrid 105s
  • Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Project X LZ 5.5
  • Titleist Vokey SM7 52-12F | 56-14F | 60-12D Dynamic Gold Wedge
  • Tommy Armour Impact #3 35" 
  • TaylorMade TP5x
  • Vessel Player III Stand

On 3/3/2021 at 9:37 PM, twyatt700 said:

I’ve been with my company my whole career too! Ten years this may!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

10 years - that's rare today - they must treat you very well. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 3/4/2021 at 9:39 AM, meliaant said:

Happy almost 41 birthday😊

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 1 month later...

I am currently an in-house lawyer for a financial services company. Before going to law school in 2006, I was an embedded SW engineer at Motorola for 6 years.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

Currently going through an audit and is a big one for my field. We had the kickoff and the auditor was speaking to the audit and he said something along the lines of "Management is the art of instilling programs that keep the business running so that you do not rely on specific people. Transition to personnel should be easy. If a group was stranded on an island, hopefully somewhere nice of course, the program should continue and translate to the next person" 
Had never heard it put that way and was an interesting take IMO. He said it better than that but along those lines.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Currently going through an audit and is a big one for my field. We had the kickoff and the auditor was speaking to the audit and he said something along the lines of "Management is the art of instilling programs that keep the business running so that you do not rely on specific people. Transition to personnel should be easy. If a group was stranded on an island, hopefully somewhere nice of course, the program should continue and translate to the next person" 
Had never heard it put that way and was an interesting take IMO. He said it better than that but along those lines.

Kinda reminds me of the interview scene from "Office Space". I hope it's nothing that affects you. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Kinda reminds me of the interview scene from "Office Space". I hope it's nothing that affects you. 

If I recall that interview was along the lines of figuring out who is not needed and condensing down personnel correct?

Does not affect me but as a manager coming from being an HVAC tech I take pride in my management style and I do not think people are replaceable (most anyway) but if Joey wins the Lottery tomorrow I would be comfortable in the programs I have put in place that transition would be easy.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

You are correct, that was the scene that come to mind. Plus, I agree with you on most people not being replaceable. I mean, if I left my job tomorrow it'd be easy to get someone in to train to do it but it'd probably take five years and about 30 different people coming in to find one that'd stick around for 10 years. 

Automotive, gotta love the high turnover rate. 

18 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

You are correct, that was the scene that come to mind. Plus, I agree with you on most people not being replaceable. I mean, if I left my job tomorrow it'd be easy to get someone in to train to do it but it'd probably take five years and about 30 different people coming in to find one that'd stick around for 10 years. 

Automotive, gotta love the high turnover rate. 

I was in my job for 30 years.  Seems like only 50.  when I retired I gave them a 2 year notice.  They spent the 1st year ignoring that I was walking out and not looking back.  Finally the ownership took some responsibility and started a serious search which would give me time for adequate training.

Took a while and ended up with hiring 2 guys splitting responsibilities and giving the Sales Dept additional jobs.

It worked out pretty good.  I got calls for 6 months or so, minor stuff.  They asked if I wanted a part time consulting position and some travel but no, I was more than ready to move on.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I was in my job for 30 years.  Seems like only 50.  when I retired I gave them a 2 year notice.  They spent the 1st year ignoring that I was walking out and not looking back.  Finally the ownership took some responsibility and started a serious search which would give me time for adequate training.

Took a while and ended up with hiring 2 guys splitting responsibilities and giving the Sales Dept additional jobs.

It worked out pretty good.  I got calls for 6 months or so, minor stuff.  They asked if I wanted a part time consulting position and some travel but no, I was more than ready to move on.

We have a tech retiring end of the year. Nothing technical by any means but just the knowledge of 35 years in a job is irreplaceable. We have someone coming on board in July to train for the 5/6 months before he leaves. Better than nothing. Its knowledge thats not replaceable. 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Must mitigate the key personnel risk at all costs (other than injecting other risk) 🤓

Garmin S10

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Point taken, he’s correct.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I am a CAD Designer for a Tier 2 Automotive Supplier. I mainly use CATIA but also can use SolidWorks and am learning to use NX/UniGraphics to create seat heaters, steering wheel heaters, heated/cooled cupholders and other products that my company creates. I have been onsite with this company for 7-8 years starting out as a contract employee for the first 2 years then was hired direct full time with benefits.

I am 29 years old and I try to count my blessings everyday that I am able to provide for my family. More importantly that My Wife is able to stay home with our girls and am able to send them to a good school, I couldn't have asked for anyone better to raise our kids together.

If anyone would've told me 10ish years ago where I am now... It would've boggled my mind.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

26 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

I am a CAD Designer for a Tier 2 Automotive Supplier. I mainly use CATIA but also can use SolidWorks and am learning to use NX/UniGraphics to create seat heaters, steering wheel heaters, heated/cooled cupholders and other products that my company creates. I have been onsite with this company for 7-8 years starting out as a contract employee for the first 2 years then was hired direct full time with benefits.

I am 29 years old and I try to count my blessings everyday that I am able to provide for my family. More importantly that My Wife is able to stay home with our girls and am able to send them to a good school, I couldn't have asked for anyone better to raise our kids together.

If anyone would've told me 10ish years ago where I am now... It would've boggled my mind.

That’s great👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

30 years. That's rare today and will be more so in the future.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I went back and realized I have posted in this, but it was years ago and although I still have the same job I figure I can do a better job expanding on it. 

I work as an Ice Technician for Curling Clubs/Events. Yes making ice as a job... My career is split into two parts. One my curling club. I am the sole employee of the club here in Switzerland and manage bookings, prepare and install and maintain ice conditions and general maintenance and cleaning of the facility. It is all pretty routine, but I love it and we have a great membership and a club that is willing to do what it can to provide me with the best equipment possible to do my job and make the best ice possible.

The second part is admittedly more exciting. I take on contracts for the World Curling Federation and other Associations to come in and prepare arenas and curling facilities for championship events. This often includes coaching and training of new ice techs in the local area. These events have given me the chance to travel the world and go to 15 countries over the last few years (pre covid of course). They are a lot of fun and a unique challenge where I often have to work with people I have never met before and still create championship conditions. Sometimes we don't have the proper equipment (Kazakhstan) or I have a translator who doesn't know much english (China) or simply have a really difficult building that doesn't cooperate. I have stories for days and usually end up doing between 2-5 trips a year, which will hopefully restart again soon!

I made a quick video for anyone who is interesting in seeing a lane (sheet in curling terms) being prepared. 

Screenshot_20191117_195351_com.android.chrome.jpg.83332a3dde9f6cbda194c0673c13d52b.jpg

Wow. That's super unique and interesting! Thank you for sharing.

Garmin S10

7 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I went back and realized I have posted in this, but it was years ago and although I still have the same job I figure I can do a better job expanding on it. 

I work as an Ice Technician for Curling Clubs/Events. Yes making ice as a job... My career is split into two parts. One my curling club. I am the sole employee of the club here in Switzerland and manage bookings, prepare and install and maintain ice conditions and general maintenance and cleaning of the facility. It is all pretty routine, but I love it and we have a great membership and a club that is willing to do what it can to provide me with the best equipment possible to do my job and make the best ice possible.

The second part is admittedly more exciting. I take on contracts for the World Curling Federation and other Associations to come in and prepare arenas and curling facilities for championship events. This often includes coaching and training of new ice techs in the local area. These events have given me the chance to travel the world and go to 15 countries over the last few years (pre covid of course). They are a lot of fun and a unique challenge where I often have to work with people I have never met before and still create championship conditions. Sometimes we don't have the proper equipment (Kazakhstan) or I have a translator who doesn't know much english (China) or simply have a really difficult building that doesn't cooperate. I have stories for days and usually end up doing between 2-5 trips a year, which will hopefully restart again soon!

I made a quick video for anyone who is interesting in seeing a lane (sheet in curling terms) being prepared. 

Screenshot_20191117_195351_com.android.chrome.jpg.83332a3dde9f6cbda194c0673c13d52b.jpg

That's a cool job @Apolloshowl, no pun intended. I think it's interesting to see how these conditions are prepared for the curling events, although admittedly I've never watched many. I think it's great you've gotten to travel all over the world and experience different cultures. 

Thank you for sharing that. 

the nice thing is i work for myself. but the downside is my boss can be a real dick. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's a cool job @Apolloshowl, no pun intended.

Unintentional Dad jokes are the best LMAO

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

40 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Thats really cool. One of my favorite winter olympic events is curling, have several "beer" leagues around this area, have always wanted to try.

The facilities world is massive and can be so many things. What is used to keep the rink cool? Have never looked into hockey rinks but I love facilities and am always interested how certain things are done.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Thats really cool. One of my favorite winter olympic events is curling, have several "beer" leagues around this area, have always wanted to try.

The facilities world is massive and can be so many things. What is used to keep the rink cool? Have never looked into hockey rinks but I love facilities and am always interested how certain things are done.

The beer leagues are always good fun. For the first time in years I am actually playing this season and its on a fun team. 
There are lots of different refrigeration systems and lots of them are getting more eco friendly which is cool. Most are ammonia based systems that cool brine (basically a dense salt water for those who don't know) which goes through pipes in the concrete and takes heat away (yes that is different then cooling things down haha). 
Water is really important for us as we spray water called pebbling (see picture above post) which creates little water droplets on the ice so it isn't smooth. If the water is bad it is soft and will break down quickly and then conditions change so we use different systems to purify the water. These "pebbles" allow the stones to curl and slide along the ice with greater ease. 
1693882408_Screenshot2021-06-0319_25_14.png.c72311d27f887389522905cf9d07f345.png
Quick facts for curling ice- Lanes are called Sheets of ice 
- Stones weight 42 lbs and cost about $600 per stone.
- Most curling ice (white base and rings) are painted.
- Lines are done by using yarn!
It is really cool because its very much a art and a science. There are so many different factors and ways to get the proper result and each building and day often offers a unique and new challenge. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

10 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

The beer leagues are always good fun. For the first time in years I am actually playing this season and its on a fun team. 
There are lots of different refrigeration systems and lots of them are getting more eco friendly which is cool. Most are ammonia based systems that cool brine (basically a dense salt water for those who don't know) which goes through pipes in the concrete and takes heat away (yes that is different then cooling things down haha). 
Water is really important for us as we spray water called pebbling (see picture above post) which creates little water droplets on the ice so it isn't smooth. If the water is bad it is soft and will break down quickly and then conditions change so we use different systems to purify the water. These "pebbles" allow the stones to curl and slide along the ice with greater ease. 
1693882408_Screenshot2021-06-0319_25_14.png.c72311d27f887389522905cf9d07f345.png
Quick facts for curling ice- Lanes are called Sheets of ice 
- Stones weight 42 lbs and cost about $600 per stone.
- Most curling ice (white base and rings) are painted.
- Lines are done by using yarn!
It is really cool because its very much a art and a science. There are so many different factors and ways to get the proper result and each building and day often offers a unique and new challenge. 

Very familiar with Brine, on board ship purifying water for drinking/showers caused massive amounts of brine as you can imagine. We could purify 8 gallons per minute but it took 40 gallons to get there. You can imagine how much brine discharge there was!

Love the facility stuff thanks for the info!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

IT analyst for a hospital system back at home. Thankfully they let me move to Pinehurst and keep my job since I work from home.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

1 hour ago, Apolloshowl said:

That’s pretty cool. That looks like a interesting career!!

No pun intended.

Rick

Left Hand,