TESTERS WANTED! ×

What do you do for a living?

mudfish

• SPY VIP

I am a student at the moment studying Graphic Design. I work for public relations here at my college. In the summer I work on my local muni. This Summer, I plan to intern/work part time at local photographers places.

Are you playing golf for the college?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Are you playing golf for the college?

Not this year. Hopefully next year. If I shave about 5-10 strokes this summer.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

Not this year. Hopefully next year. If I shave about 5-10 strokes this summer.

Good luck! I just ordered a team bag from the coach at my college. Can't wait to rock it. Would be nice if it was from being a player at the college, rather than faculty.

Looking at where they play this season, it is amazing. Fantastic public and private venues. Some way out of the typical college student greens fee budget.

Volvo Intorqueo

I'm 41 years old and I'm a software development manager for a major telecommunications manufacturer based in the suburbs of Chicago.

I played competitive amateur golf in High School but didn't play in college. Took a long hiatus from the game and didn't pick up a stick until about 8 years ago and really only serious for the last three years. I also started my own golf website last year and that along with playing and spending quality time with the family burns up most of my non-work hours.

Before relocating to the Chicago area, I lived in Arizona for 17 years and graduated from Arizona State for my undergrad.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Here are some shots of the Shop....

Men's Woods

Vuv9JbONZtpeaZiAs1TWow?feat=directlink

Putter Corral

erK4-uC3vek7c08gQlyASQ?feat=directlink

Wedges

4Azd-XpbjwykmlkQaN2GWw?feat=directlink

I know these are some blurry pics. Thanks Apple.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Here are the pics.

photo(5).jpg

photo(6).jpg

photo(7).jpg

photo(8).jpg

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

must be a complete moron....

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

I will take one of those, two of those, and about a couple dozen of those...

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

We don't carry naked lady tees....

must be a complete moron....

Only Partial... But we still love you haha.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

38 yrd old Software Development Manager here in the UK, for a financial market analysis vendor. Played golf properly for the first time in the last 12 months, and down from 24 (first hcap) to 14.5 currently.

Can't get enough :(

Current Handicap (UK)

Current Bag

Cobra S9.1 10.5 + 3W

Cobra SZ 3I-9I, PW, GW

Vokey 52 & 60

Rife 400 Series Half Mallet

• SPY VIP

38 yrd old Software Development Manager here in the UK, for a financial market analysis vendor. Played golf properly for the first time in the last 12 months, and down from 24 (first hcap) to 14.5 currently.

Can't get enough :(

Your change in index has made my morning! How did you do it?

Volvo Intorqueo

Just an idea but maybe a casual yet classy golf clothing line. I always like to watch Ryan Moore on the course becasue he looks so caual but still looks like he knows how to play. I am not a fan of the Puma line but they seem to be the only company that makes that Casual look.

My idea is a 70's style golf brand with updated fabrics and fits.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

And yet there are still no pictures... :(

I just need a day to get out on the course! Been at the CAA Basketball Tournament all weekend and driving back up tonight for the Championship Game, GO ODU!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I'm a 46 yr.Old Union Plumber. Have been plumbing since I was 10 years old working for father's business every summer. Once I turned 16 I took my journeyman test in city of Philadelphia, Pa. and have been a license plumber ever since. I joined the Plumbers Union Local 690 in 1983 and by the age of 25 I became a Master Plumber. So that would maybe it 30 years as a plumber total. I just celebrated 25 years as a Union Plumber last year while being out injured! I should be retired, or at least that's what my knees are telling me! I was injured on April 8th 2008 as i fell from a ladder approximately 20 feet. As a result of this I've had to have left knee replacement surgery. So it looks like I won't be plumbing anymore. My next endeavor will be to start a golf club repair and fitting business, most golf clubs will be waist high, I won't have to kneel down or climb a ladder or jump in a ditch, :) I've finally found my true passion, which is GOLF! I've been building and repairing golf clubs as a hobby for approximately 10 years and I hope to take it to the next level,and become a certified club maker. There's much to learn in the golf industry and like anything else in life you can always learn something new everyday! :P

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

I'm a 46 yr.Old Union Plumber. Have been plumbing since I was 10 years old working for father's business every summer. Once I turned 16 I took my journeyman test in city of Philadelphia, Pa. and have been a license plumber ever since. I joined the Plumbers Union Local 690 in 1983 and by the age of 25 I became a Master Plumber. So that would maybe it 30 years as a plumber total. I just celebrated 25 years as a Union Plumber last year while being out injured! I should be retired, or at least that's what my knees are telling me! I was injured on April 8th 2008 as i fell from a ladder approximately 20 feet. As a result of this I've had to have left knee replacement surgery. So it looks like I won't be plumbing anymore. My next endeavor will be to start a golf club repair and fitting business, most golf clubs will be waist high, I won't have to kneel down or climb a ladder or jump in a ditch, :lol: I've finally found my true passion, which is GOLF! I've been building and repairing golf clubs as a hobby for approximately 10 years and I hope to take it to the next level,and become a certified club maker. There's much to learn in the golf industry and like anything else in life you can always learn something new everyday! ;)

Tim

Good luck Tim with the new career. Buying my own house about 12 years ago really made me appreciate the craft side of plumbing. All it took was one major issue that I "thought" I could fix for be to be very happy and grateful to write the check to the professional. I am sure that the craft of the previous profession will help the new one.

Volvo Intorqueo

I'm a 46 yr.Old Union Plumber. Have been plumbing since I was 10 years old working for father's business every summer. Once I turned 16 I took my journeyman test in city of Philadelphia, Pa. and have been a license plumber ever since. I joined the Plumbers Union Local 690 in 1983 and by the age of 25 I became a Master Plumber. So that would maybe it 30 years as a plumber total. I just celebrated 25 years as a Union Plumber last year while being out injured! I should be retired, or at least that's what my knees are telling me! I was injured on April 8th 2008 as i fell from a ladder approximately 20 feet. As a result of this I've had to have left knee replacement surgery. So it looks like I won't be plumbing anymore. My next endeavor will be to start a golf club repair and fitting business, most golf clubs will be waist high, I won't have to kneel down or climb a ladder or jump in a ditch, :lol: I've finally found my true passion, which is GOLF! I've been building and repairing golf clubs as a hobby for approximately 10 years and I hope to take it to the next level,and become a certified club maker. There's much to learn in the golf industry and like anything else in life you can always learn something new everyday! ;)

Tim

I was just talking about people like you today at work (I'm a teacher)... It seems that most high schools are only pushing kids to go to college, and they are not giving them any other choice... In my opinion, the world needs SKILLED professional workers... not every student is going to college, and we MUST give them other options...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

The Process is what concerns me. I know plenty of kids who should not have gone to college, and plenty that should have. (myself included). How do you delineate between the two tracks??

• SPY VIP

The Process is what concerns me. I know plenty of kids who should not have gone to college, and plenty that should have. (myself included). How do you delineate between the two tracks??

That is the $10000 question. When I was teaching HS, the only track was college bound. All students need to take the classes to get into college. No other options. Track 2 has to be put together before we can figure out who should be there. NO more depressing ed talk, off to the beer of the week...

Volvo Intorqueo

Jesus. What are we talking about work for anyways? The last thing I want to think about when I'm on here is work. Who started this damn thread? LOL.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I was just talking about people like you today at work (I'm a teacher)... It seems that most high schools are only pushing kids to go to college, and they are not giving them any other choice... In my opinion, the world needs SKILLED professional workers... not every student is going to college, and we MUST give them other options...

Sorry to continue the work talk, but this is something that my wife (a school psychologist) and I talk about all the time. My understanding of the education systems in many European countries is that, based on your skills in various fields, and possibly your preference, you are guided towards training in a particular field. That might be a college/academia, that might be carpentry, might be anything.

If we have any European members who could speak to this first hand, I would really like to know more about it.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I am....

at this time 33 revolutions around the sun,

i spent 3.5 years of my time earning a BS degree with a PGM concentration from Methodist

at times i'm a Golf Professional,

at other times, a teaching pro,

sometimes, im a playing professional,

this one time i started a putter company,

then for a time i became a personal trainer,

which then i became a one time author,

the last 5 years was my time as a bodybuilder

during this current time i am still nationally ranked,

for the past 6 months my time has been spent working with a kick ass nutritional company bringing some cool supps to the golf industry,

next week i start my time as a resident of Texas - (yee haw?)

which i will have some time to get my game back in shape to play

next time i hope to be president

but this time, i think this post is clever

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

I am....

at this time 33 revolutions around the sun,

i spent 3.5 years of my time earning a BS degree with a PGM concentration from Methodist

at times i'm a Golf Professional,

at other times, a teaching pro,

sometimes, im a playing professional,

this one time i started a putter company,

then for a time i became a personal trainer,

which then i became a one time author,

the last 5 years was my time as a bodybuilder

during this current time i am still nationally ranked,

for the past 6 months my time has been spent working with a kick ass nutritional company bringing some cool supps to the golf industry,

next week i start my time as a resident of Texas - (yee haw?)

which i will have some time to get my game back in shape to play

next time i hope to be president

but this time, i think this post is clever

You've compiled quite a list of accomplishments. Where in Texas are you going to be living?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Plano TX... Home of Adams Golf. You should be able to find some SICK golf clubs floating around there.