What do you do for a living?

mudfish

I’m a Trauma Nurse at a Level One trauma center in Jacksonville, Florida. Lots of those stories I’ve been seeing people say they have though mine probably involve more blood and guts 😂 I like that I only have to work three days. Leaves lots of time for golf and hunting. What else would a man need. Maybe some time with my wife too… 29 years old. 

• Like 6

I work for the DoD and honestly my job would likely bore most of you but fortunately for me I'm a nerd and enjoy it. Prior to this I was in the Navy, different costume same job though.

• Like 4
  • Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

Retired!😁

• Like 1

Driver:  TM SIM2 Max

Woods:  3/5 TM SIM2 Max

Hybrid:  22 PXG

Irons:  5-PW 0311XF PXG

Wedges: 50/54/58 Vokey SM8 Black 

Putter:  Custom SC 009 35/330g

• 1 month later...

Screenshot_20210822_091934.jpg

Thought this was funny... For those that already know what I do this is how i would answer.

I freeze water bumpy water so people can throw rocks at houses for a sport!

How would you explain yours?

• Haha 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thought this was funny... For those that already know what I do this is how i would answer.

... I get paid to pretend I am somebody I am not. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

To @GolfSpy_APH I am trying my best to come up with something creative and all I’ve got is “I teach and supervise grown adults while they drive big trucks, break glass and hold your sick relatives hands.”

On 8/9 I was promoted to Lieutenant for the FD where I work. 

• Like 6
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

10 minutes ago, bens197 said:

To @GolfSpy_APH I am trying my best to come up with something creative and all I’ve got is “I teach and supervise grown adults while they drive big trucks, break glass and hold your sick relatives hands.”

Congrats on the promotion!

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I make sure trained professionals do their job properly because apparently I know better.

• Haha 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I work in operations at a liberal University and have to deal with all the people that have a PHD - Physically Handicapped Dumbazz. The good thing is I only have a few more days, retiring August 31st.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small:Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

8 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I work in operations at a liberal University and have to deal with all the people that have a PHD - Physically Handicapped Dumbazz. The good thing is I only have a few more days, retiring August 31st.

Congratulations!!  It’s going to take about a year to get normal, that’s how long it took for me after retirement.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

46 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Congrats on your retirement!

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Congrats on the promotion!

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I repeatedly tell clients how to make their operation more profitable and try not to be bitter when they refuse to implement my recommendations?

• Haha 3

Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL
3 Wood: Snake Eyes Viper Tour
Hybrids: Snake Eyes Viper Tour 18 and 24 deg
Irons: Srixon I-701 5-PW
Wedges: Callaway X-Forged 50, 54, and 58 deg
Putter: Yes! Marilyn

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Early in my career I had a commercial shoot for a Christmas Tree Stand that was basically a half globe that rotated once you put the tree in it. So if not was crooked, you stepped on a pedal and moved the globe until the tree was straight up and down. We had a 1.5 second shot where my foot steps on the pedal to show how easy it is. The two young client execs were arguing whether my pant leg should have one or two breaks in the crease. They put in a call to their boss but he was in a meeting so we stopped for almost 2 hours and went into over time. I had only been in the biz a few years and made the mistake of saying "If they are looking at my pants leg when they only have 1.5 seconds to see the product, they aren't interested anyway". They were quite pi$$ed and refused to implement my recommendation. By the time their boss called he was furious and I could hear him scream in the phone "Who gives a $hit what his f*****g pants looks like!?!? Shoot the scene and get the crew off the GD overtime!!!" 

... The young execs were embarrassed and took it out on me. calling my agent and saying I was difficult to work with. From then on when working with Corporate America and seeing something that could be done much better or more efficient, I just kept my mouth shut. I do not envy your job. 

“Truth hurts” has never rang so true more than this statement. 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

Congratulations on your promotion. 🙌🏼

• Like 2

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

Ping G25 5 - U w/Ping CFS 

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

Evnroll ER7 34”

Snell MTB-Black 

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

23 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Congratulations on your promotion. 🙌🏼

Thanks Matt! 

• Like 1
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... Early in my career I had a commercial shoot for a Christmas Tree Stand that was basically a half globe that rotated once you put the tree in it. So if it was crooked, you stepped on a pedal and moved the globe until the tree was straight up and down. We had a 1.5 second shot where my foot steps on the pedal to show how easy it is. The two young client execs were arguing whether my pant leg should have one or two breaks in the crease. They put in a call to their boss but he was in a meeting so we stopped for almost 2 hours and went into over time. I had only been in the biz a few years and made the mistake of saying "If they are looking at my pants leg when they only have 1.5 seconds to see the product, they aren't interested anyway". They were quite pi$$ed and refused to implement my recommendation. By the time their boss called he was furious and I could hear him scream in the phone "Who gives a $hit what his f*****g pants looks like!?!? Shoot the scene and get the crew off of GD overtime!!!" 

... The young execs were embarrassed and took it out on me. calling my agent and saying I was difficult to work with. From then on when working with Corporate America and seeing something that could be done much better or more efficient, I just kept my mouth shut. I do not envy your job. 

Yeah... Imagine being asked by the client's quality manager why they are finding evidence of bacterial growth on the equipment in the middle of the line and trying to nicely explain that the reports I have been presenting to the production manager from my audits for the past 8 months have shown a clear, constant deficiency in the receiving/preparation of raw product.

Or try asking the client why their yield reports show 106 gpt of finished product after your equipment but they are claiming 94 gpt of final recovery. It's tough to diplomatically say, "I'm responsible for getting you this much yield at this piece of equipment, what you do with it past that, not my equipment and out of my control. I met my standard, I have no control of your downstream processes." 

It's a fine line to walk between being a pushover and being seen as difficult. 

• Like 6

Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL
3 Wood: Snake Eyes Viper Tour
Hybrids: Snake Eyes Viper Tour 18 and 24 deg
Irons: Srixon I-701 5-PW
Wedges: Callaway X-Forged 50, 54, and 58 deg
Putter: Yes! Marilyn

I am a semi-retired Professional Clubfitter and Clubmaker (nearly 33 years experience), and a fitter/dealer with Tour Edge Golf and Fujikura golf shafts.  I also play bass guitar and sing in a variety of bands and do recording studio work on occasion (I’ve been on a few “albums” over the past few decades and toured with the opening act for Rick James and the Stone City Band in the 1970s).

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I am a semi-retired Professional Clubfitter and Clubmaker (nearly 33 years experience), and a fitter/dealer with Tour Edge Golf and Fujikura golf shafts.  I also play bass guitar and sing in a variety of bands and do recording studio work on occasion (I’ve been on a few “albums” over the past few decades and toured with the opening act for Rick James and the Stone City Band in the 1970s).

Rick James is a favorite of mine, and I can’t imagine the stories you could tell!!!

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

4 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Ha! My father-in-law grew up in Yonkers and played bass with his high school garage band. Steven Tallarico was the lead singer for the band. Steven wanted to take the band on the road but my FIL's mom was single and she wanted him to stay back to help with his siblings. He stayed in Yonkers while the band took off for various gigs around NYC. 

For those who don't know who Steven Tallarico is, he later changed his name to Steven Tyler...yes, THAT Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty