What do you do for a living?

mudfish

9 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Ha! My father-in-law grew up in Yonkers and played bass with his high school garage band. Steven Tallarico was the lead singer for the band. Steven wanted to take the band on the road but my FIL's mom was single and she wanted him to stay back to help with his siblings. He stayed in Yonkers while the band took off for various gigs around NYC. 

For those who don't know who Steven Tallarico is, he later changed his name to Steven Tyler...yes, THAT Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. 

The drummer that I played with for the last 4-1/2 years grew up in Yonkers and played with Steve (Talarico, a/k/a Tyler).  His name is Tommy Scopino and he played in the U.S. Navy Jazz Band and also was the drummer for Todd Rundgren for 11 years, plus he played with both Bad Company and even KISS when their drummer was sick and in rehab.  Yonkers, NY turned out some good musicians — even Gene Krupa came from Yonkers!

• Like 4

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

14 hours ago, PMookie said:

Rick James is a favorite of mine, and I can’t imagine the stories you could tell!!!

Rick was a real trip, even back then.  He grew up in Buffalo, NY and used to play in small clubs and “dive bars” before he got “discovered”.  I was friends with his bodyguard (we played football together, and he went to high school with my best friend), and my keyboard player/band leader was a friend of Rick James, which is how we got the job opening for him on his first “tour” (mostly amusement parks, county fairs, and small arenas). This was before “Super Freak” and “Give It To Me Baby” were recorded.  I still keep in touch with some of the members of the Stone City Band.

We used to call Rick James “Rick the Trick” and the Stone City Band was known by those who were close to them as the “STONED City Band”.

• Haha 4

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Rick was a real trip, even back then.  He grew up in Buffalo, NY and used to play in small clubs and “dive bars” before he got “discovered”.  I was friends with his bodyguard (we played football together, and he went to high school with my best friend), and my keyboard player/band leader was a friend of Rick James, which is how we got the job opening for him on his first “tour” (mostly amusement parks, county fairs, and small arenas). This was before “Super Freak” and “Give It To Me Baby” were recorded.  I still keep in touch with some of the members of the Stone City Band.

We used to call Rick James “Rick the Trick” and the Stone City Band was known by those who were close to them as the “STONED City Band”.

In the 70s pretty much EVERY band was “stoned”!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

• 4 months later...

Manage at a now shut down uranium enrichment facility maintaining the utilities, emergency response, and regulatory compliance.

when not doing that, Mrs McGolf and I operate a custom fitting, repair facility and driving range. 

When not doing that I have a youtube channel mcgolf custom clubs Golf club reviews, repairs and fittings.

Then I rest.

• Like 8

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

3 hours ago, McGolf said:

Manage at a now shut down uranium enrichment facility maintaining the utilities, emergency response, and regulatory compliance.

when not doing that, Mrs McGolf and I operate a custom fitting, repair facility and driving range. 

When not doing that I have a youtube channel mcgolf custom clubs Golf club reviews, repairs and fittings.

Then I rest.

^^^^ Best club repair and club building youtuber out there

• Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

6 hours ago, McGolf said:

Then I rest.

Seems like I may have asked this before, but I'm old so I get to repeat myself as much as I want.

When did you start working at PORTS?  I've been there off and on since 1985 until just before they shut down.  

• Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Job change starts next week:

Key Account Manager in LA/TX/NM/AZ for the gastrointestinal marketing department of a global pharmaceutical company.

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

Job change starts next week:

Key Account Manager in LA/TX/NM/AZ for the gastrointestinal marketing department of a global pharmaceutical company.

Congratulations on getting to start the new job! Hopefully you'll have a smooth transition into your new position.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, McGolf said:

My last time there for DOE was 1991, but a few years later I was there several times for NRC.  Interfaced with the NMC&A group. 

That was during the time I started playing golf.  Played something called Beaver "something" near the plant, a course on the other side of Waverly toward Chillicothe, and one in Chillicothe with guys from the plant.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”