TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Woods

PMookie

Cleveland just released information on their new woods this AM. Use this thread for discussion.

Here’s the link to info on their site:

https://www.clevelandgolf.com/en/launcher-hb-turbo-woods.html

IMG_0325.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Looks awesome I just hope the shaft offerings will not be expensive, I didn't get song with the kua shaft at all

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Same thoughts here: what are the shaft options besides C. Kua they mention. I’m glad they didn’t go ultralight!!! I’ve always gotten along with Cleveland drivers, so I’m really interested in trying this one!

From their Instagram:
IMG_0326.jpg

This is the most confusing and contradictory driver and article (on the main blog site) I’ve read in quite a while. Everything about the design of this club contradicts itself.

First it says that tour pros want to shape the golf ball which, as a whole, isn’t true these days. They want to eliminate one side of the course and hit it as high, far and straight as they can. No pro is carving their driver around corners anymore, they are going OVER the corners.

Then the article says Cleveland says this driver isn’t designed for low handicap players with a tour level swing but states that only the faster swings will see any advantage to the aerodynamics on the crown. Why make a driver designed for regular person swings with aerodynamics on the crown that only work for faster swings? They essentially informs us they are unnecessary for anyone that should fit into this club and are only for marketing purposes.

Then they say it’s got less left bias with the internal weighting than the previous Launcher HB but then shut the face more so that it’s very closed and say that only people that hit the ball right should use it? WTF?

I was really disappointed when I finally saw the full description of this club. Why wouldn’t they have made a square face version that someone with a higher swing speed could use that would just be a high launch, low spin bomber and then have the Draw version with a closed face to satisfy those golfers with more normal swing speeds and have a tendency to hit it with a slice?

My bag is a revolving door!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sorry - meant to start a new thread and accidentally posted here - I’m sure these are great clubs - carry on guys and i will start a thread on wedges

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 9/9/2019 at 12:44 PM, 03trdblack said:

This is the most confusing and contradictory driver and article (on the main blog site) I’ve read in quite a while. Everything about the design of this club contradicts itself.

First it says that tour pros want to shape the golf ball which, as a whole, isn’t true these days. They want to eliminate one side of the course and hit it as high, far and straight as they can. No pro is carving their driver around corners anymore, they are going OVER the corners.

Then the article says Cleveland says this driver isn’t designed for low handicap players with a tour level swing but states that only the faster swings will see any advantage to the aerodynamics on the crown. Why make a driver designed for regular person swings with aerodynamics on the crown that only work for faster swings? They essentially informs us they are unnecessary for anyone that should fit into this club and are only for marketing purposes.

Then they say it’s got less left bias with the internal weighting than the previous Launcher HB but then shut the face more so that it’s very closed and say that only people that hit the ball right should use it? WTF?

I was really disappointed when I finally saw the full description of this club. Why wouldn’t they have made a square face version that someone with a higher swing speed could use that would just be a high launch, low spin bomber and then have the Draw version with a closed face to satisfy those golfers with more normal swing speeds and have a tendency to hit it with a slice?

My reaction as well as far as the presentation being contradictory.  I will be interested to see what type of results the online reviewers get.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...