TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is seeing distance a golf skill?

GolfSpy MPR

Seeing Yardage  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently use some kind of distance device?

• Every round
    • Often
    • Occasionally
    • Never
  2. 2. Should properly estimating distance be considered a golf skill?

• Yes: I don't use distance devices and think they are counter to the spirit of the game.
    • Yes: I use distance devices, but think that golf without them is a purer version of the sport.
    • Sometimes: eliminate yardage books and continue to ban devices on Tour, but keep them for amateurs.
    • No: hitting the shot is the challenge of golf, not getting the yardage.

Over in the Precision Pro NX9 HD review thread, I've noted that the MGS Lab had need of my snazzy new range finder. During its absence, I initially pulled out my old generic range finder—until it fell out of its case somewhere on the course, so that I haven't seen it since. For a couple of rounds, I've done something I dislike: used the Game Golf app in conjunction with my Game Golf Live so that I can get the GPS yardage. (I dislike it it because it tempts me to start fiddling with the shot plotting, penalties, etc. during the round, which is bad for my focus.)

This past week, I did something unusual: I played courses other than the one course I play over and over again. I was traveling and played two courses I hadn't before. And I've learned that, absent any kind of gadget, I'm terrible at estimating distances.

Which got me thinking: isn't seeing distance part of the skill of this game? As I've dabbled in seeking a better grasp of course architecture, there are holes whose design purposefully seeks to subvert the golfer's perception of yardage. Range finders, GPS devices, and yardage books all eliminate that skill from the game.

So what's your take? If you could get away with it, would you pull up all the yardage stakes on the course and see who is really good at judging their shots? Or is knowing the yardage just a piece of data that should be readily accessible to everyone, to see if they have the skill to hit the shots?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Absolutely! And you can learn it. Here’s what you do.

Guess your yardage first, then use your rangefinder to check your guess. You’ll get better and better. I started doing that 2-3 years ago, and at first I was pretty bad. Now I’ve gotten pretty good at it. Usually within a few yards. Sometimes a little off, and sometimes spot on. Hills and valleys in between make it more difficult, but not impossible.

First step to learning it is getting real comfortable with what 10 yards looks like so you can add it up from a distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

I only use a free GPS app on my phone. I never bother with it on my home course. If the course I'm playing is marked well enough as to know 200 - 100 yds. from the fairway, I usually don't bother. I figure if I can't get at least close by now, It doesn't matter if I know the yardage from my ball to the Crow on the left side of the green.😎

Spoiler

Currently I use the 18 Birdies app for GPS distance, but I verify with what my eyeball estimate says. My eyeball estimate method is pretty solid, as long as the markers on course are accurate (150/100 post, sprinkler head, etc). I look for my nearest marker, gauge my distance from there. Add 7 for a back pin, subtract 7 for a front (most greens are about 30 yards deep - take 1/2 of 1/2 to play to the front or back center). Then add or subtract your wind and slope estimates.

Here's a related story. Playing in a scramble on a course I'd never seen. One playing partner had a laser, and while he was lining up the laser, I'd figure out my estimate. Usually before he got his yardage, I'd say "I've got xxx, what did you get". The worst difference I got on any shot was about 5 yards (and that one was uphill).

Lately, when making my strategy card for a new course I'll add in some landmarked distance notes to help gauge on the course.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

If you know your course, play it all the time, you can estimate the yardage well enough to play decent golf.  I've forgotten my GPS a few times, and my wife has the laser, but I can still score about the same without anything... well except for the red, white and blue markers in the middle of the fairway.  lol

However, I've played courses where I guess the yardage, then check my GPS and I am waaaay off.  Certain terrains and shades of lighting on the course greatly influences my ability to get an accurate number.  Playing without devices will greatly slow down play more than it already is.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Absolutely yes. Any of you guys here grow up using these?

IMG_9385.JPG

It’s absolutely a skill and personally, I preferred using these to any yardage tools in college. Call it stubborn but there is something fun about estimating your distances not just from the fairway but also how deep pins are set.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I use a GPS app on my phone but for years I used the yardage markers on the course or just guestimated the distance.  I still like to try to eyeball the yardage and see how close I can get to being right, even though I always use the GPS app on my phone.

I do think it is a skill and its kind of fun when Im playing with strangers to guess the distance and be right more often than not.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

21 minutes ago, bens197 said:

IMG_9385.JPG

It’s absolutely a skill and personally, I preferred using these to any yardage tools in college. Call it stubborn but there is something fun about estimating your distances not just from the fairway but also how deep pins are set.

A course I played in Albuquerque has small bushes just off the fairway as the 150 indicator.  Those stakes you can pull out... those bushes are, well...  obstacles.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I definitely believe seeing the distance is a skill associated with the game. What I’ve found is that playing a course I know well is pretty easy without a DMD. Playing courses that I’ve never played without one is almost impossible. My depth perception is linked to my memory of other shots and distances I had on course. If you just give me barren land with a pin, with no recognizable landmarks, it’s hopeless. That said, the challenge of golf is just hitting the shot, not getting the yardage. The yardage is a measurement that should be available at all times, to see who can actually execute shots.    

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Use the GPS app on my garmin running watch, not so much for estimating but I feel like it helps to speed up play to get a relative distance to the center so I can easily pick the club vs trying to estimate distance to markers

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

And just to add one more thing. Any decent golfer has a relative idea of how far they are from their target.

As an example, if I’m 150 out, depending on the wind it’s either a 9 or a wedge. The distances are nice to specify but there is a certain paralysis by analysis when it comes to dialing a yardage when most folks can’t consistently hit their yardages.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

14 hours ago, bens197 said:

IMG_9385.JPG

Edited above to make my point. With the GPS's you get static front/middle/back which don't really take into account pin locations for most of the companies, and that's fine. Again, after playing for some time you kinda just get a feel for it. I do play with a lot of guys who have distance devices and like others I can usually guesstimate the yardage within 2-5 yards most times.

The other issue I have is that trusting one of those takes away your instincts for your own game and how you are playing. Taking a static number isn't helpful in that regard. You aren't counting for wind, lie, slope any of that.

For example, here's the spiel I normally give myself when coming up on a shot "Ok, looks like around 145ish to the green, lie could catch a flyer, we're going slightly uphill, and wind is slightly into. Long isn't bad so play for 155. Stock 8." Take about 20-30 seconds to make a decision and go. Don't overthink, just do.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I'm terrible at estimating yardages so having a DMD has been great.  Now, if I could only HIT those distances consistently, I'd really be having more fun!  The downside is, sometimes I focus on the number too much and forget to swing!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

From my experience, being able to accurately determine distance by sight is a gift that simply is not granted to everyone. My dad can often guess approach yardages within 5 yards while I might be off by as much as 10 or 20.

Hypothetically speaking, if you were to remove rangerfinders and similar devices from golfers, we'd all likely be walking off yardages, or begin racking up substantially more strokes.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Edited above to make my point. With the GPS's you get static front/middle/back which don't really take into account pin locations for most of the companies, and that's fine. Again, after playing for some time you kinda just get a feel for it. I do play with a lot of guys who have distance devices and like others I can usually guesstimate the yardage within 2-5 yards most times.
The other issue I have is that trusting one of those takes away your instincts for your own game and how you are playing. Taking a static number isn't helpful in that regard. You aren't counting for wind, lie, slope any of that.
For example, here's the spiel I normally give myself when coming up on a shot "Ok, looks like around 145ish to the green, lie could catch a flyer, we're going slightly uphill, and wind is slightly into. Long isn't bad so play for 155. Stock 8." Take about 20-30 seconds to make a decision and go. Don't overthink, just do.

Don’t overthink, just do.

I love that.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

While I feel that it is a skill in the game, I don't see the reason to eliminate devices that give us distances.

Courses generally always have some indicators of distance to the center of the green, and at times have even more yardages marked out on sprinkler heads, or other signage. 

I agree with other posters that the benefit of DMD's is in speeding up play. Eliminating them from play will cause everyone to walk off distances even if they are good at estimating distance with their eyes. 

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Being able to estimate a distances on the golf course is most definitely a golf skill and an important one to have to play well. I think range finders and gps are a crutch and are just another example of golf being too much about technology.

What happens when a new range finder is released that has the ability to be pointed at a green, it reads the break for the player and then displays the optimal line of the putt on the screen? Is that when it’s going to be too much?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

3 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

While my wife likes the laser to get the exact yardage to the pin, I don't.  The GPS is much better for my game, as I'm not consistent enough to hit exact yardages.  However, the front/middle/back numbers tell me a lot.  The front and back numbers tell me what club to hit to get on the green, and what club will be too much.  If the pin is in the middle, I use that number.  If it's a front pin, I split the difference between the front and middle numbers.  If it's a back pin, I split the difference between the middle and back numbers.  

The pros have caddies that have walked the course and know the greens in advance of play.  They tell their player what the number is.  Without that help I want whatever distance information I can get within the rules.

With that said... if I'm close to the green and don't need a full shot, I will check the distance, but I don't use it as a static number.   If I were good enough to hit wedges specific distances by varying my clubs and swing, I would consider mapping my wedges.  I judge partial wedge distances by feel considering how I want to fly the ball, similar to throwing horseshoes and shooting hoops.  It's also the way I putt the ball, looking at the hole.  Of course, I'm better at my home course, but I'm acceptable at other courses.

22 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

While my wife likes the laser to get the exact yardage to the pin, I don't.  The GPS is much better for my game, as I'm not consistent enough to hit exact yardages.  However, the front/middle/back numbers tell me a lot.  The front and back numbers tell me what club to hit to get on the green, and what club will be too much.  If the pin is in the middle, I use that number.  If it's a front pin, I split the difference between the front and middle numbers.  If it's a back pin, I split the difference between the middle and back numbers.  

The pros have caddies that have walked the course and know the greens in advance of play.  They tell their player what the number is.  Without that help I want whatever distance information I can get within the rules.

With that said... if I'm close to the green and don't need a full shot, I will check the distance, but I don't use it as a static number.   If I were good enough to hit wedges specific distances by varying my clubs and swing, I would consider mapping my wedges.  I judge partial wedge distances by feel considering how I want to fly the ball, similar to throwing horseshoes and shooting hoops.  It's also the way I putt the ball, looking at the hole.  Of course, I'm better at my home course, but I'm acceptable at other courses.

I'm glad it works for you Kenny, and for everyone else who uses these devices. I'm not advocating for getting rid of them for everyone as that would be stupid at best, what I don't like is the hemming and hawing that I've seen some people do with the devices. Sometimes you just need to trust and believe in yourself or your device.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Absolutely it is.  I grew up playing this game long before the age of laser range finders, GPS' etc.  So I can navigate thru a round without having to even look at a range finder.  So I"m not worried if I leave my range finder at home or the battery runs out.  

I also bow hunt.  Knowing the proximity a deer is to me is vital if I hit or miss.  Also, just like anything else, requires a lot of practice.   

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I learned to play golf before there were any on course yardage aids - I also only had the odd numbered clubs at that time.

It was interesting...

I don’t often measure distances on courses that I’m familiar with - there are 4 in my area that account for 90 percent of the rounds which I play - I will only grab my Range Finder if I’m not certain of the yardage

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

9 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Most good courses tell you pin position though, so you dont really need the app to tell you where the pin is.  Me, I usually plan cheaper, low spin balls; so I just aim for the front edge and let the ball run out a bit.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I get chance to play maybe 2-3 times a month. There is no way to guess my yardages. Before getting my laser, I totally wasted at least 20 minutes a round trying to hunt out the yardage markers. Golf is hard enough 

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

I will say that knowing or walking or feeling the yardage is a skill.  But a yardage is also common knowledge on a golf course and should be easily obtainable.  I think the tour should do away with yardage books.  I have stopped using mine and laser my yardages.  Its quick and easy.  This would speed up the game and make it more enjoyable for all.  

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I get chance to play maybe 2-3 times a month. There is no way to guess my yardages. Before getting my laser, I totally wasted at least 20 minutes a round trying to hunt out the yardage markers. Golf is hard enough 

Yes and yes to Jcustom golf. Allowing a laser would speed up play beyond a doubt.

I didn’t really answer the question in my earlier thread - I would say it’s not a necessary skill in golf - we are allowed by rule to know the yardage to the pin through the use of aids therefore it is not a necessary skill.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Is knowing the distance to the target "against the spirit of the game?"  

I don't think so.  Golfers have been figuring out the distance to the target for as long as I've been playing golf (since the 1960s).  Before the advent of lasers and GPS, golfers relied on course maps, yardage markers, yardages listed on sprinkler heads and pin placement sheets.  Calculating distance involved stepping off distance and some simple math.  Golfers got very good at it.  

The pros still do it that way.  I find it interesting when the broadcasts include caddy /player discussions.  The TV announcer has the distance the target; the caddy and player usually come up with a yardage within a couple of yards.

Is taking a laser reading and finding out the pin is 148 yards (+or- 2 yards) all that different (and against the spirit of the game) from stepping off the distance from the ball to the 150 yard maker, adding in the pin location to come up with 148 yards?  The laser is just a tool that makes finding the distance faster than doing it by stepping it off.  Not using a laser, the golfer calculated the pin is 148 yards.  Using a laser, the player calculates the pin is 148 yards.  Both players have the same information.  The golfer still has to decide on the shot to hit and to execute that shot.

How does anyone have time to "step off yardages"? Play is painfully slow as it is. It seems that would result in a few ass whoopings a week...lol.

It’s quite easy if you walk. I walk directly to my ball and when I pass the yard marker on the ground I start counting my steps. My ball is 12 steps after the 175 marker? Well, it’s 163 yards. I know my distance before I even set my bag down so I know I’m faster than someone using a laser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

On 9/11/2019 at 12:49 PM, deejaid said:

...new range finder is released that has the ability to be pointed at a green, it reads the break for the player and then displays the optimal line of the putt on the screen?

When is this happening and where can I get one ?!🤣😅

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star