Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

JUST ARRIVED! - Titleist 910H Hybrids

• SPY VIP

When GolfSpy X and I were putting together our review list for 2011, I put the 910H right near the top. With the exception of my TaylorMade Rossa Monza Putter, my 21° Titleist 585H is the oldest club in my bag. I look every now and again, but I still haven't found anything to replace it. Could this be the club?

We've already started testing withe club we'll be using for the data driven portion of our review (the 21°), and our testers will soon be hitting the 19° & 24° models (pictured). One thing you'll notice about the 910 Hybrids, like the 909s before them, as loft decreases, head size increases. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about, but I'll reserve judgement until I've had a chance to test these out myself.

Stock shaft offerings are "made for..." varieties of the Mitsubishi Diamana 'Ahina and Kai' li. Like the 910 driver and fairway woods, the hybrids feature Titleist's SureFit lie/loft adjustability system. Unlike the driver, the hybrids, and fairway woods do not include the actual adjustment wrench. Anyone care to guess how I feel about that? Retail price is $229.95.

910H-1.jpg

910H-2.jpg

910H-3.jpg

910H-4.jpg

910H-5.jpg

910H-6.jpg

910H-7.jpg

910H-8.jpg

910H-9.jpg

910H-10.jpg

910H-11.jpg

910H-12.jpg

910H-13.jpg

910H-14.jpg

910H-15.jpg

910H-16.jpg

910H-17.jpg

910H-18.jpg

910H-19.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I can't wait for this review. I love the TM raylors but have been wondering about going to titliest for a minute now.

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

• SPY VIP

sweet looking clubs. How the hell do they justify selling the club without the wrench necessary to adjust it though?!

Not too long ago I found something about this on the Team Titleist site (can't find the exact post at the moment). The thinking behind the lack of inclusion of a wrench for hybrids (and fairways too) is that many people who buy the hybrid and fairway clubs also buy the driver, which does come with the wrench. If wrenches were included with everything there would be unnecessary redundancy...or something like that. They go on to suggest that when adjustments are needed, you either purchase the wrench, or visit your local Titleist retailer and have them make the adjustments for you.

To a very small extent I can see the logic, but then again, if I've got, for example, a 909 driver, and 909 fairways that I love, and I'm simply adding a 910H to go alongside by 909H, then I've got half a bag full of perfectly good Titleist clubs, and still no wrench. The cost of that kind of brand loyalty is another $20+ or so for the wrench. Like I said, I sorta, kinda understand the logic, but Titleist products are generally more expensive to begin with, and coming from a company who generally offers better stock shafts than most others, and offers the best prices in the industry on shaft upgrades, the no wrench with hybrids and fairways thing, for lack of a more eloquent description, is just lame.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• SPY VIP

We've had a number of customers get irate over the fact that you don't get the wrench with the FWs or hybrids. In this regard, TM has it right: give them the wrench with everything. It costs them $0.50 and makes people happy.

I agree 100%. Titleist's wrech cost, I would assume, is minimal (at least on a per unit basis). In this case, TaylorMade is absolutely doing right by its customers. My estimation is that TM builds brand loyalty like no one else in the industry. Some of that is the desired byproduct of their marketing machine, but you also can't totally discount the little things, like including, with ALL your adjustable clubs, the the tools necessary to make those adjustments. It seems like common sense to me, but I'm guessing the decision saved Titleist millions (no small thing when lots of eyes will be leering at your balance sheets).

I just got fitted for a 17 degree 910H last week. Great feel with the Ahina shaft for me, and I can't wait for it to arrive. These clubs look great and have a lot less offset (and a lot more penetrating ball flight) than the G15 that I was gaming before; however, I agree with everything that has been said about Titleist not including a wrench these clubs

Driver: Cleveland Classic Custom 9 degrees with Matrix Black Tie Stiff Shaft

3 Wood: Nike VR Pro Limited edition with Diamana Ahina X-stiff shaft

3 hybrid: Adams A12 pro (20 degrees) with RIP X-stiff shaft

4-PW: Titleist AP2 with True Tember Dynamic Gold X-300 shaft

52 degree wedge: Cleveland CG15

56 degree Wedge: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled

60 degree wedge: Cleveland 588 forged

Putter: Edel custom with Flatso mid grip

Archived