Jump to content

Headed to Golfworks Academy


Recommended Posts

Should be a fun time.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Signed up today for Golfworks Club Repair Academy at te end of October. Ive been slowly acquiring and building an area inmy basement and have built a few clubs. Finalizing my travels and finding not great travel options to Columbus from PDX. Plan to.go to the Jack Nicklaus Museum at OSU while im there. 

Have a great time!  I always wanted to do that, but I just still muddle my way through whatever builds I need for myself.  I order all my parts through Golfworks.

Should be a good connection to Columbus on Delta through MSP.   We have a direct flight to MSP from the TriCities.  That connection is relatively new; when I was still working I had to fly to Columbus through SLC/Cincinnati or SLC/ATL; not the best flights.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Signed up today for Golfworks Club Repair Academy at te end of October. Ive been slowly acquiring and building an area inmy basement and have built a few clubs. Finalizing my travels and finding not great travel options to Columbus from PDX. Plan to.go to the Jack Nicklaus Museum at OSU while im there. 

Good for you! Would love to hear about your experience. Someday when we've got a house with some space I'd love to have some club building equipment.

Right next to the indoor launch monitor and indoor weight room 😅

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Have a great time!  I always wanted to do that, but I just still muddle my way through whatever builds I need for myself.  I order all my parts through Golfworks.

Should be a good connection to Columbus on Delta through MSP.   We have a direct flight to MSP from the TriCities.  That connection is relatively new; when I was still working I had to fly to Columbus through SLC/Cincinnati or SLC/ATL; not the best flights.  

The return flight is the issue as I am trying to get home Friday night.  Using miles for the trip there on Alaska  through Seattle and using SW on the way home through Phoenix.  I will be cutting it close in Phoenix to make connection so I might get to see a little of Phoenix.  Just no direct flights really as most places I go out of PDX I can do direct. 

 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Good for you! Would love to hear about your experience. Someday when we've got a house with some space I'd love to have some club building equipment.

Right next to the indoor launch monitor and indoor weight room 😅

I will report back.  I hope to go back for more classes if it all works out and  I find the value in it.  I took the cheapest close to fit my needs for a test run and burning little out of pocket as I have hotel points and air miles. 

Ive written off the launch monitor as my garage is a bit tight and my basement isn't tall enough. 

  • Like 1

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2019 at 10:07 AM, pulledabill said:

The return flight is the issue as I am trying to get home Friday night.  Using miles for the trip there on Alaska  through Seattle and using SW on the way home through Phoenix.  I will be cutting it close in Phoenix to make connection so I might get to see a little of Phoenix.  Just no direct flights really as most places I go out of PDX I can do direct. 

 

If you are going to be renting a car, you might consider checking flights to Cleveland (~2-2.5 hour drive to Columbus). I fly to Portland about every other year and even though Cleveland is closest to us, we generally check Columbus, too. Cleveland generally has the more convenient and cheaper flights in our experience.

  • Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W: :callaway-small: RAZR Fit TourAD something or other
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You will get a TON if info from Jim and the guys.

Take full advantage of the school and the all the gear they have.

I'm about 1 hr 45 min from them. below is a video where you can see some of the rooms you will be in for a few days.

 

  • Like 2

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, McGolf said:

You will get a TON if info from Jim and the guys.

Take full advantage of the school and the all the gear they have.

I'm about 1 hr 45 min from them. below is a video where you can see some of the rooms you will be in for a few days.

 

Thanks for the vid..I was wondering about the classroom. Had a phone call and email today from Marilyn at GW. I was a bit surprised that it was suggested to bring a couple different clubs to work on. Guess I will package a few up and just ship them to GW or my hotel. Also was suggested to bring a tape player to record the classes which is a great idea. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I took a full set of clubs and tore them down and built them back more than a few time through out the week.

Take a wedge in case you get a chance to grind, take and iron for disassembly and assembly, loft lie changes, regripping,

Take a driver for testing, you might get to reshaft and then go to the launch bay for the results.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Thanks for the vid..I was wondering about the classroom. Had a phone call and email today from Marilyn at GW. I was a bit surprised that it was suggested to bring a couple different clubs to work on. Guess I will package a few up and just ship them to GW or my hotel. Also was suggested to bring a tape player to record the classes which is a great idea. 

Tape player?  I would take a go pro and record the sessions..that way you have a visual of what you were doing.  Of course make sure that video recordings are ok just in case...

 

MDGolfHacker

  • Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Stars

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, McGolf said:

I took a full set of clubs and tore them down and built them back more than a few time through out the week.

Take a wedge in case you get a chance to grind, take and iron for disassembly and assembly, loft lie changes, regripping,

Take a driver for testing, you might get to reshaft and then go to the launch bay for the results.

Only a 2 day class so not sure how its laid out. Im thinking of just hitting a Goodwill in the area then leave them behind for others when I leave. 

  • Like 1

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, 10shot said:

And Jim would kick Yo Ass :). NO RECORDING DEVICES...PERIOD

 

Golfworks suggested the voice recorder. 

  • Like 1

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be great if you could bring back some information on the Maltby TS1.

That video is a tease of incredible golf knowledge. I’d love to sit back and listen to those Jim’s tell old stories


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 2
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Golfworks suggested the voice recorder. 

My bad, I was commenting on the Video recorder, that's a no go....sry  Voice is NP

 

Enjoy I've been to many classes there, great time and you wont find more knowledge in one place. Make sure you taken the tour of manufacturing, pretty cool stuff

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 10shot said:

My bad, I was commenting on the Video recorder, that's a no go....sry  Voice is NP

 

Enjoy I've been to many classes there, great time and you wont find more knowledge in one place. Make sure you taken the tour of manufacturing, pretty cool stuff

Decent food in the area? 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ruby Tuesdays, and places akin to that.

 

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...