TESTERS WANTED! ×

Headed to Golfworks Academy

Should be a fun time.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Signed up today for Golfworks Club Repair Academy at te end of October. Ive been slowly acquiring and building an area inmy basement and have built a few clubs. Finalizing my travels and finding not great travel options to Columbus from PDX. Plan to.go to the Jack Nicklaus Museum at OSU while im there. 

Have a great time!  I always wanted to do that, but I just still muddle my way through whatever builds I need for myself.  I order all my parts through Golfworks.

Should be a good connection to Columbus on Delta through MSP.   We have a direct flight to MSP from the TriCities.  That connection is relatively new; when I was still working I had to fly to Columbus through SLC/Cincinnati or SLC/ATL; not the best flights.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Signed up today for Golfworks Club Repair Academy at te end of October. Ive been slowly acquiring and building an area inmy basement and have built a few clubs. Finalizing my travels and finding not great travel options to Columbus from PDX. Plan to.go to the Jack Nicklaus Museum at OSU while im there. 

Good for you! Would love to hear about your experience. Someday when we've got a house with some space I'd love to have some club building equipment.

Right next to the indoor launch monitor and indoor weight room 😅

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Have a great time!  I always wanted to do that, but I just still muddle my way through whatever builds I need for myself.  I order all my parts through Golfworks.

Should be a good connection to Columbus on Delta through MSP.   We have a direct flight to MSP from the TriCities.  That connection is relatively new; when I was still working I had to fly to Columbus through SLC/Cincinnati or SLC/ATL; not the best flights.  

The return flight is the issue as I am trying to get home Friday night.  Using miles for the trip there on Alaska  through Seattle and using SW on the way home through Phoenix.  I will be cutting it close in Phoenix to make connection so I might get to see a little of Phoenix.  Just no direct flights really as most places I go out of PDX I can do direct. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Good for you! Would love to hear about your experience. Someday when we've got a house with some space I'd love to have some club building equipment.

Right next to the indoor launch monitor and indoor weight room 😅

I will report back.  I hope to go back for more classes if it all works out and  I find the value in it.  I took the cheapest close to fit my needs for a test run and burning little out of pocket as I have hotel points and air miles. 

Ive written off the launch monitor as my garage is a bit tight and my basement isn't tall enough. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 9/14/2019 at 10:07 AM, pulledabill said:

The return flight is the issue as I am trying to get home Friday night.  Using miles for the trip there on Alaska  through Seattle and using SW on the way home through Phoenix.  I will be cutting it close in Phoenix to make connection so I might get to see a little of Phoenix.  Just no direct flights really as most places I go out of PDX I can do direct. 

If you are going to be renting a car, you might consider checking flights to Cleveland (~2-2.5 hour drive to Columbus). I fly to Portland about every other year and even though Cleveland is closest to us, we generally check Columbus, too. Cleveland generally has the more convenient and cheaper flights in our experience.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

You will get a TON if info from Jim and the guys.

Take full advantage of the school and the all the gear they have.

I'm about 1 hr 45 min from them. below is a video where you can see some of the rooms you will be in for a few days.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

8 hours ago, McGolf said:

You will get a TON if info from Jim and the guys.

Take full advantage of the school and the all the gear they have.

I'm about 1 hr 45 min from them. below is a video where you can see some of the rooms you will be in for a few days.

Thanks for the vid..I was wondering about the classroom. Had a phone call and email today from Marilyn at GW. I was a bit surprised that it was suggested to bring a couple different clubs to work on. Guess I will package a few up and just ship them to GW or my hotel. Also was suggested to bring a tape player to record the classes which is a great idea. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I took a full set of clubs and tore them down and built them back more than a few time through out the week.

Take a wedge in case you get a chance to grind, take and iron for disassembly and assembly, loft lie changes, regripping,

Take a driver for testing, you might get to reshaft and then go to the launch bay for the results.

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

16 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Thanks for the vid..I was wondering about the classroom. Had a phone call and email today from Marilyn at GW. I was a bit surprised that it was suggested to bring a couple different clubs to work on. Guess I will package a few up and just ship them to GW or my hotel. Also was suggested to bring a tape player to record the classes which is a great idea. 

Tape player?  I would take a go pro and record the sessions..that way you have a visual of what you were doing.  Of course make sure that video recordings are ok just in case...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

5 hours ago, McGolf said:

I took a full set of clubs and tore them down and built them back more than a few time through out the week.

Take a wedge in case you get a chance to grind, take and iron for disassembly and assembly, loft lie changes, regripping,

Take a driver for testing, you might get to reshaft and then go to the launch bay for the results.

Only a 2 day class so not sure how its laid out. Im thinking of just hitting a Goodwill in the area then leave them behind for others when I leave. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, 10shot said:

And Jim would kick Yo Ass :). NO RECORDING DEVICES...PERIOD

Golfworks suggested the voice recorder. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

It would be great if you could bring back some information on the Maltby TS1.

That video is a tease of incredible golf knowledge. I’d love to sit back and listen to those Jim’s tell old stories

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

14 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Golfworks suggested the voice recorder. 

My bad, I was commenting on the Video recorder, that's a no go....sry  Voice is NP

Enjoy I've been to many classes there, great time and you wont find more knowledge in one place. Make sure you taken the tour of manufacturing, pretty cool stuff

6 hours ago, 10shot said:

My bad, I was commenting on the Video recorder, that's a no go....sry  Voice is NP

Enjoy I've been to many classes there, great time and you wont find more knowledge in one place. Make sure you taken the tour of manufacturing, pretty cool stuff

Decent food in the area? 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Ruby Tuesdays, and places akin to that.

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 6:06 PM, ODogs Driver said:
  • Head over to Dublin and check out Jacks host course and get a street banner picture for your collection its very close to C bus

Headed out early tomorrow am. Plan on checking out Ohio Stadium Nicklaus Museum on campus,and a park named in his honor. Checking out the state capital as well..at least a quick drive.  Cutting out a few hours after class is over on Friday. Id planed to go earlier and explore more and golf, but a trip to ER  and a truck repair sucked up some $$$. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 9/30/2019 at 9:06 PM, ODogs Driver said:
  • Head over to Dublin and check out Jacks host course and get a street banner picture for your collection its very close to C bus

Went to Jacks museum on campus which was absolutley amazing. Almost brougt tears to my eye. So much memorbilia. Went to the county club he grew up on. Scioto CC.Ultra nice!   Got to go in  Ohio Stadium. Spent over an hour at this guys little golf shop outside of Heath.  I guees his dad has a local shop and did various golf shows. He have me an old program he had fromthe Memorial wirh Jack on the cover. 

Currently eating wood fired pizza and drinking a beverage in Newark. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Home at 2am this morning after spending 2 days wirh Jim and 2 other students. GW is making nothing on this class as they buy lunches, supply beverages, books, and some free Golf Pride stuff. They are banking on you being a customer. I thought GW was just a 30-40 employee operation , but that isnt the case.They have well over a 100 employees and do move much more product then iI imagined.  We stayed busy so no time to tour the operation.  

I went to the 2 day repair class.It covered loft lie bending, broken shaft repair, shaft removal and install, grips removal and install a multiple of ways, extensions, some swingweighting, bore thru. and whatever questions we came up with. Not sure if they covered anything extra after I left Friday. Class went over some but I had to get to a plane. Brief panic moment on the first day. Heavy rains and super windy the first day. Lost power and that building has no back up. Came back on after a couple minutes..whew..

Jim is a wealth of info and just throws out info and it can be overwhelming. He was great to go over it again as needed and explained in a way that Ithe students could understand. 

This class was beginner level stuff. but offered insights of different methods to accomplish the same thing.The make up of the 3 students in the class. was a very beginner inthe club repair world, a gu who went to a class there in the late 90s and does word of mouth work out of his house, and myself who has just begun dabbling in the last year. The new guy was intriqued and overwhelmed but did well. The experienced guy eased thru class but learned some things along the way in terms of different methods and easier methods or more accurate methods. For me I breezed  thru as well but learned some things I will change and re-evaluate certain proceses and  my tools and future purchases.  

I did take a large suitcase for some purchases to save on shipping but held off until  evaluate what I really need.  Didnt want spur of moment purchases. 

I will go back next year for a fitting class. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Home at 2am this morning after spending 2 days wirh Jim and 2 other students. GW is making nothing on this class as they buy lunches, supply beverages, books, and some free Golf Pride stuff. They are banking on you being a customer. I thought GW was just a 30-40 employee operation , but that isnt the case.They have well over a 100 employees and do move much more product then iI imagined.  We stayed busy so no time to tour the operation.  
I went to the 2 day repair class.It covered loft lie bending, broken shaft repair, shaft removal and install, grips removal and install a multiple of ways, extensions, some swingweighting, bore thru. and whatever questions we came up with. Not sure if they covered anything extra after I left Friday. Class went over some but I had to get to a plane. Brief panic moment on the first day. Heavy rains and super windy the first day. Lost power and that building has no back up. Came back on after a couple minutes..whew..
Jim is a wealth of info and just throws out info and it can be overwhelming. He was great to go over it again as needed and explained in a way that Ithe students could understand. 
This class was beginner level stuff. but offered insights of different methods to accomplish the same thing.The make up of the 3 students in the class. was a very beginner inthe club repair world, a gu who went to a class there in the late 90s and does word of mouth work out of his house, and myself who has just begun dabbling in the last year. The new guy was intriqued and overwhelmed but did well. The experienced guy eased thru class but learned some things along the way in terms of different methods and easier methods or more accurate methods. For me I breezed  thru as well but learned some things I will change and re-evaluate certain proceses and  my tools and future purchases.  
I did take a large suitcase for some purchases to save on shipping but held off until  evaluate what I really need.  Didnt want spur of moment purchases. 
I will go back next year for a fitting class. 

Great write-up. They're only about 2 1/2 hrs away I'm going to have to make a day trip. Just curious what was the cost of the session.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

12 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Great write-up. They're only about 2 1/2 hrs away I'm going to have to make a day trip. Just curious what was the cost of the session.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

The 2 day class I went to was $99. I flew in from Oregon. One drove in from zi believe from Pittsburgh area and the other drove in from S. Carolina. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

always a go time when visiting

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis