pulledabill

Headed to Golfworks Academy

4 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Signed up today for Golfworks Club Repair Academy at te end of October. Ive been slowly acquiring and building an area inmy basement and have built a few clubs. Finalizing my travels and finding not great travel options to Columbus from PDX. Plan to.go to the Jack Nicklaus Museum at OSU while im there. 

Have a great time!  I always wanted to do that, but I just still muddle my way through whatever builds I need for myself.  I order all my parts through Golfworks.

Should be a good connection to Columbus on Delta through MSP.   We have a direct flight to MSP from the TriCities.  That connection is relatively new; when I was still working I had to fly to Columbus through SLC/Cincinnati or SLC/ATL; not the best flights.  

13 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Signed up today for Golfworks Club Repair Academy at te end of October. Ive been slowly acquiring and building an area inmy basement and have built a few clubs. Finalizing my travels and finding not great travel options to Columbus from PDX. Plan to.go to the Jack Nicklaus Museum at OSU while im there. 

Good for you! Would love to hear about your experience. Someday when we've got a house with some space I'd love to have some club building equipment.

Right next to the indoor launch monitor and indoor weight room 😅

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Have a great time!  I always wanted to do that, but I just still muddle my way through whatever builds I need for myself.  I order all my parts through Golfworks.

Should be a good connection to Columbus on Delta through MSP.   We have a direct flight to MSP from the TriCities.  That connection is relatively new; when I was still working I had to fly to Columbus through SLC/Cincinnati or SLC/ATL; not the best flights.  

The return flight is the issue as I am trying to get home Friday night.  Using miles for the trip there on Alaska  through Seattle and using SW on the way home through Phoenix.  I will be cutting it close in Phoenix to make connection so I might get to see a little of Phoenix.  Just no direct flights really as most places I go out of PDX I can do direct. 

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Good for you! Would love to hear about your experience. Someday when we've got a house with some space I'd love to have some club building equipment.

Right next to the indoor launch monitor and indoor weight room 😅

I will report back.  I hope to go back for more classes if it all works out and  I find the value in it.  I took the cheapest close to fit my needs for a test run and burning little out of pocket as I have hotel points and air miles. 

Ive written off the launch monitor as my garage is a bit tight and my basement isn't tall enough. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 10:07 AM, pulledabill said:

The return flight is the issue as I am trying to get home Friday night.  Using miles for the trip there on Alaska  through Seattle and using SW on the way home through Phoenix.  I will be cutting it close in Phoenix to make connection so I might get to see a little of Phoenix.  Just no direct flights really as most places I go out of PDX I can do direct. 

If you are going to be renting a car, you might consider checking flights to Cleveland (~2-2.5 hour drive to Columbus). I fly to Portland about every other year and even though Cleveland is closest to us, we generally check Columbus, too. Cleveland generally has the more convenient and cheaper flights in our experience.

• Like 2

You will get a TON if info from Jim and the guys.

Take full advantage of the school and the all the gear they have.

I'm about 1 hr 45 min from them. below is a video where you can see some of the rooms you will be in for a few days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McGolf said:

You will get a TON if info from Jim and the guys.

Take full advantage of the school and the all the gear they have.

I'm about 1 hr 45 min from them. below is a video where you can see some of the rooms you will be in for a few days.

Thanks for the vid..I was wondering about the classroom. Had a phone call and email today from Marilyn at GW. I was a bit surprised that it was suggested to bring a couple different clubs to work on. Guess I will package a few up and just ship them to GW or my hotel. Also was suggested to bring a tape player to record the classes which is a great idea. 

I took a full set of clubs and tore them down and built them back more than a few time through out the week.

Take a wedge in case you get a chance to grind, take and iron for disassembly and assembly, loft lie changes, regripping,

Take a driver for testing, you might get to reshaft and then go to the launch bay for the results.

16 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Thanks for the vid..I was wondering about the classroom. Had a phone call and email today from Marilyn at GW. I was a bit surprised that it was suggested to bring a couple different clubs to work on. Guess I will package a few up and just ship them to GW or my hotel. Also was suggested to bring a tape player to record the classes which is a great idea. 

Tape player?  I would take a go pro and record the sessions..that way you have a visual of what you were doing.  Of course make sure that video recordings are ok just in case...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McGolf said:

I took a full set of clubs and tore them down and built them back more than a few time through out the week.

Take a wedge in case you get a chance to grind, take and iron for disassembly and assembly, loft lie changes, regripping,

Take a driver for testing, you might get to reshaft and then go to the launch bay for the results.

Only a 2 day class so not sure how its laid out. Im thinking of just hitting a Goodwill in the area then leave them behind for others when I leave. 

Yes, it should be fun.

Bring lots of questions that's not covered in the curriculum.  Also gather contact information for future references when you need to.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, 10shot said:

And Jim would kick Yo Ass :). NO RECORDING DEVICES...PERIOD

Golfworks suggested the voice recorder. 

• Like 1

It would be great if you could bring back some information on the Maltby TS1.

That video is a tease of incredible golf knowledge. I’d love to sit back and listen to those Jim’s tell old stories

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Golfworks suggested the voice recorder. 

My bad, I was commenting on the Video recorder, that's a no go....sry  Voice is NP

Enjoy I've been to many classes there, great time and you wont find more knowledge in one place. Make sure you taken the tour of manufacturing, pretty cool stuff

6 hours ago, 10shot said:

My bad, I was commenting on the Video recorder, that's a no go....sry  Voice is NP

Enjoy I've been to many classes there, great time and you wont find more knowledge in one place. Make sure you taken the tour of manufacturing, pretty cool stuff

Decent food in the area? 

Ruby Tuesdays, and places akin to that.

• Head over to Dublin and check out Jacks host course and get a street banner picture for your collection its very close to C bus