TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pulling all tee shots

Out to in club path with face square to the clubs path.  Lots of causes and Impossible to tell why unless you can see the swing.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Definitely wouldn't call myself technical, and like @cnosil said, impossible to diagnose without seeing the swing.

But I'd check the basics, grip, alignment, setup. I know when I go off the tee I have a tendency to put the ball forward in my stance more than I would off the fairway, and that can get me pull hooking too.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

If you are pulling the ball with no hook you are more than likely opening your hips to quick. I recommend you concentrate your weight on the inside of both feet. This will provide a better centralization of your weight and will help you to slow down those hips.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Make sure that club face rotates open on the way back! I get in a bad habit sometimes of coming straight back with the club and hitting nasty pull hooks because the face ends up closed because it never had a chance to rotate. After you hook one, get back to impact and you can see how open or shut that face was at impact.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Technical answer: If your ball flight is starting left and then staying straight that means your Club face is square to your path. To have a playable ball you can technically do two things. change your path or change your face. Face is usually the easiest to change. If your path is going left you want to make your face open to that path (pointing more right).This will give you a fade ball flight. You can do this at setup with grip adjustment or driver adjustability. You can also make it more of a dynamic change by changing your wrist conditions at the top of the swing or impact. 

Easy fix: Go to the driving range with your driver. Get a bucket of balls and do a little experiment. Hit your normal straight pull, then take the same swing and try to make the ball start farther right. Keep trying till the ball starts more right and has a slight or major fade to it. Once you have that do the opposite. Do your normal swing but try to get the ball to start more left causing it to start left and draw farther left. Then go back and forth between the two. This is teaching you how to control that face compared to your path naturally. By the end of the session you should have a lot better understanding of controlling ball flight. With that understanding you will be able to take it to the course. If you hit a pull you'll know on the next tee shot the feeling of having that face more open. 

A series of photos or video would help in getting you started on your path to recovery.

Over rotation of the upper body causes left pulls. A lot of beginners focus on contact hence the upper body dominating the swing.

Hope we can help you out

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/