Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Yes C Groove Tracy II Putter- anyone used one?

perseveringgolfer

Read a lot and it looks a really nice putter with a slant neck. The 'C' grooves seem to work well apparently. Obviously not made anymore but anyone got one, or used one? Pro's and cons would help before I source one over here.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I have the OG Tracy and it's been in the bag since 2007. I keep wanting to replace it with an EvenRoll but it really hasn't given me a reason to kick it out of the bag after 12 years.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Found one on evilbay so taking the chance based on all the reports - time will tell🙄😂

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Found one on evilbay so taking the chance based on all the reports - time will tell

Another putter?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

49 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Another putter? emoji1787.png

3rd one in 5 years- cant be as bad as some

3rd one in 5 years- cant be as bad as some

I thought that you have been changing more frequently o try and solve you putting issues. Not many changes at all; my bad.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I thought that you have been changing more frequently o try and solve you putting issues. Not many changes at all; my bad.

went to an old ping anser 2 I had, then back to my old Spider, then the Tommy Arnott and now this. Technically it's only the 2nd putter I've bought in 5 years, the other 2 I already had. I do talk putters a lot so it does feel like I've had loads 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

went to an old ping anser 2 I had, then back to my old Spider, then the Tommy Arnott and now this. Technically it's only the 2nd putter I've bought in 5 years, the other 2 I already had. I do talk putters a lot so it does feel like I've had loads 😂😂😂

Next up...left handed?? 😆

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

59 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Next up...left handed?? 😆

Tried that- even worse!

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always had!

No harm in experimenting till I find the right magic wand combo! average 36 putts a round just wont cut it!

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

average 36 putts a round just wont cut it!

If I hit 18 greens,  I would take a 36 putt average every day.  

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

If I hit 18 greens,  I would take a 36 putt average every day.  

ahh but would you?😉

ahh but would you?

I really would. It would be much better golf than I am playing now and I wouldn’t have to deal with my short game screw ups.

But like most golfers once you achieve a level of play, you always want to do better. And if I was hitting every green I would want to make more putts. For now I can say I would be happy, I’ll let you know if that changes when I actually get there

It's arrived and I managed to get to the practice putting green for 15 mins this afternoon.

Unbelievably I holed the first 3 putts in a row, and all were over 20 feet! "WTF is going on here" I thought😮

It's heavier than I've ever played, the ball just rolls off the sweetspot, putts I thought were going to be short (they were with the spider insert) just rolled out beautifully. Maybe theres a lot in this 'C' groove technology.

Continued to hole about 1 in four putts over 25 feet, all different pins around the green.

Very pleased with this purchase and for about $80 I'm hoping it earns me some cash, or at the very least cuts down the average 36 putts a round. 

Comp on Saturday so lets see how it behaves under pressure 😜

It was a joy using this today- actually had confidence over every putt that I might hole it. Had 34 putts down to some silly mistakes but overall this is a great putter and really suits my eye and stroke. Best £50 I've spent on golf kit

STILL loving this putter- birdied 3 of the first 5 holes today holing putts all over 20 feet. NO, repeat NO 3 putts.

I'm now worrying when will the honeymoon period end? they always end don't they🙄

73 today and putter performed very well, either lagged to a foot or holed from 10 feet for pars or birdie. Confidence is high with this club after years of playing the wrong type of putter for my stroke.

Famous last words, but this might be a keeper 😜

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

Read a lot and it looks a really nice putter with a slant neck. The 'C' grooves seem to work well apparently. Obviously not made anymore but anyone got one, or used one? Pro's and cons would help before I source one over here.

I bought a brand new Tracy “head only” on EBay a year ago for $12.50.

I brought it to an excellent club fitter, builder in my area. The shaft is not a common one, because of the bend, but he ordered one for about $15, I think. The grip cost me $10,

After he measured me for the proper length, he assembled the putter. Then he clipped a small laser to the top of the head, had me hit a few putts, and adjusted the lie angle.

After what he charged for labor, I had a brand new, custom built and fitted putter for $50. The C groove technology of the YES! Putters is really great. It’s a shame the company went out of business, but it wasn’t due to the quality of their product. They were too small to compete against the OEMs at that time, and companies that could, like Odyssey, were bought by the Callaway’s of the industry.

Maybe today they could’ve been successful as a boutique brand charging $400 a pop, but at around $150, they couldn’t make it work.

BTW as I said the Tracy is great, and I love mine. Retief Goosen used to win the US Open, but for my money, the Dianna was the best putter they ever made.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

• 3 weeks later...

I never had the Tracy but used a Dianna a few years ago. it was a nice feeling putter and I kind of wish I had it back. The Yes putters do put a nice roll on the ball. Hope you get a chance to try one

Driver-Honma TW747

3 wood-Tour Edge CBX 119

Irons Tour Edge EXS

Putter-SeeMore SB 20 Offset shaft

• 1 month later...

had my lowest putts per round yesterday with it, really good solid putter that delivers

• 1 year later...

I have the Olivia model and like it. Use the heavier weights in it. 

Would like to flatten the lie a touch but not sure if the shaft is bendable.

WITB:

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue SFW 55 stiff

Cobra  15.5*, Fujikura ATMOS 7 stiff

Cobra BioCell 19* & 22*, S flex

Ping G 5-PW AMT 2.0 S

Ping S Tour 50

Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56

Ping Glide 2.0 TS 60

YES! Olivia putter, 35"

• 2 years later...

My dad bought one of these when they first came out. When he passed, this is one club I had to put in my bag. I absolutely love it! The only thing I changed was the grip. The original was in rough shape and I wanted to try the modern fat grips anyways. It’s just the right amount of “softness” for me. I don’t like feeling like I’m smacking the ball with a piece of clog iron, but a lot of putters feel like the face has too much “cushion” for my taste. It rolls the ball very well and I would say its forgiveness is more than ample. On top of all that, I feel like I’ve got my old coach standing by me on every putt.