GolfSpy Stroker

TrueSpecGolf - FREE full bag fittings through 10/31

No wonder I couldn't get an appointment until October!
Looking forward to hearing how it goes..... was it really a 4 hour fitting?

Yes he said he was dead tired at the end. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

No wonder I couldn't get an appointment until October!

Looking forward to hearing how it goes..... was it really a 4 hour fitting?

Be prepared.  I hit 200 shots in mine. Just over 3 1/2 hours and didn't even touch 3w or 5w

• Like 2

Just for giggles, I sent them an email asking why New York and Columbus (in particular) are not part of the promotion. We'll see what they say.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Be prepared.  I hit 200 shots in mine. Just over 3 1/2 hours and didn't even touch 3w or 5w

That's awesome.... I love hitting balls and am always bummed when my large bucket is empty at the range.

• Like 1

Just completed my fitting yesterday at the Bend Oregon location.  My fitter, Jason Owens was amazing.  Everything exceeded expectations.  

What I learned is that I have nearly the perfect setup... 

I can change iron heads to the Callaway Apex 19, and pick up 2MPH of ball speed and 7 yards of carry, and reduce my dispersion from 11.8f L to 4.8f L.

I should soft step my iron shafts by 1 inch to bring them more in line with the frequencies that I prefer.

My driver is perfect.

My FW is basically a mini driver, even off of the deck.

I like heavier shafts.  -  This was one of the main reasons that I was interested in going through such a complete fitting. I wanted to make sure that I was not leaving any potential yards out there by playing shafts that are too heavy for me as I age. Jason quickly dispelled this notion as we tried every weight and flex imaginable, and nothing was better that the 132g TT DGTI S400 that I play now.  His only recommendation was to soft step them so I could get the spin rate a smidge higher on my long irons, and so that the CPM's will be more in line with the rest of my set.  

If you are close to a True Spec, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND making time to visit and go through a full bag fitting.  It was completely worth the trip.

• Like 8

On 9/16/2019 at 7:22 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

So I saw this on my facebook page yesterday (yeah...I'm still on facebook...)

TSG1.JPG

I made a comment about it and .... YMMV.... but certainly worth a try - who knows - you might get a super fitting for the full bag totally free?  (Sorry NYC)
Note: seems plausible... I recall that ClubChampion did something like this when they entered the Boston market

TSG2.JPG

Damn closest shop to me is in Dallas  4 and half hours away🙄

Damn closest shop to me is in Dallas  4 and half hours away

4.5 hours there.... 4 hour fitting.... 2 hours food/beverages.... 4.5 hours home.

Sounds like a nice Saturday to me! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Damn closest shop to me is in Dallas  4 and half hours away🙄

I did mine in Beverly Hills. 3.5 hour drive one way. WORTH IT!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I did mine in Beverly Hills. 3.5 hour drive one way. WORTH IT!

In California traffic, that's what, about three miles? 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 10/2/2019 at 9:07 AM, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Just completed my fitting yesterday at the Bend Oregon location.  My fitter, Jason Owens was amazing.  Everything exceeded expectations.  

What I learned is that I have nearly the perfect setup... 

I can change iron heads to the Callaway Apex 19, and pick up 2MPH of ball speed and 7 yards of carry, and reduce my dispersion from 11.8f L to 4.8f L.

I should soft step my iron shafts by 1 inch to bring them more in line with the frequencies that I prefer.

My driver is perfect.

My FW is basically a mini driver, even off of the deck.

I like heavier shafts.  -  This was one of the main reasons that I was interested in going through such a complete fitting. I wanted to make sure that I was not leaving any potential yards out there by playing shafts that are too heavy for me as I age. Jason quickly dispelled this notion as we tried every weight and flex imaginable, and nothing was better that the 132g TT DGTI S400 that I play now.  His only recommendation was to soft step them so I could get the spin rate a smidge higher on my long irons, and so that the CPM's will be more in line with the rest of my set.  

If you are close to a True Spec, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND making time to visit and go through a full bag fitting.  It was completely worth the trip.

Booked my fitting in Bend on Thursday, October 24.  👍

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Tell Jason Hi for me.  And  bring your warm clothes and a thermal cap.  The hitting bay is not heated yet.  So it can get a little cold in there...

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:31 PM, Kenny B said:

Just curious, are you or will you be in Bend? Seems like a long trip if it's just for a fitting.

Dang it I have no time to get it done this month because of surgery 😢

1 hour ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Dang it I have no time to get it done this month because of surgery 😢

Columbus is excluded, anyway.

I sent an email to them to see if they would offer any reason why Columbus and NYC were not included, but the person who responded said it was purely a marketing decision and they had no idea either.

Good luck on the surgery!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Just curious, are you or will you be in Bend? Seems like a long trip if it's just for a fitting.

Sorta just for fitting, but the next closest is in Scottsdale!!

I will be in Corvallis, OR on Tuesday 10/22 visiting my dad on his 89th birthday.  It's about a 3 hour drive, depending on weather, from there to Bend over the pass in the Cascade range.  If the weather is decent, my wife and I will play golf on Friday, then drive 4 hours home.  

On 10/8/2019 at 9:20 AM, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Tell Jason Hi for me.  And  bring your warm clothes and a thermal cap.  The hitting bay is not heated yet.  So it can get a little cold in there...

Thanks for the warning!!  We are already set up for cold weather golf!!  Wind shifted out of the north yesterday and temps dropped... tonight's low is supposed to be 26º, but it's looking good for the next few days with temps in the upper 60's.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Columbus is excluded, anyway.

I sent an email to them to see if they would offer any reason why Columbus and NYC were not included, but the person who responded said it was purely a marketing decision and they had no idea either.

Good luck on the surgery!

Thanks it’s for the little one not me

50 minutes ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Thanks it’s for the little one not me

That makes a lot more sense.... 

I still hope all goes well!

FYI: wrote up my experience here.... so good it deserved it's own thread!

• Like 1

Glad I found this, I scheduled a fitting for 10/30 in Chicago (3.5 hrs away) and hopefully it goes well. Taking a day off work and making a full day of it. Added a putter fitting as well may stop and test drive a Tesla since there is a store next door. Ill post my experience on the write up GolfSpy Stroker did.

Hope my experience is close to his.

Edited by pozzit
  • Like 1