Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Cleveland Golf Announces Updated Launcher Lines

Golfspy_CG2

CLEVELAND GOLF INTRODUCES LAUNCHER HB TURBO IRONS, LAUNCHER UHX IRONS AND LAUNCHER HALO 

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 16, 2019 – Cleveland® Golf is proud to announce the release of the Launcher HB Turbo Irons, Launcher UHX Irons and Launcher Halo. Built for more speed and more precision, step up and launch it with the latest generation of irons and hybrids from Cleveland Golf. Cleveland’s Launcher HB Turbo Irons, Launcher UHX Irons and Launcher Halo officially launch in North America on October 4, 2019. 

Launcher HB Turbo Irons 

The Launcher HB Turbo Irons deliver maximum forgiveness and an easy-to-hit to profile specifically targeted at game improvement players seeking more distance and more accuracy. 

“These irons allow game improvement players the ability to get the ball into the air better than any iron on the market,” said Dustin Brekke, Director of Engineering, Research and Development. “Now with a thinner, hotter face, the Launcher HB Turbo Irons give you a half club more distance over the previous generation.” 

Launcher HB Turbo Irons maintain a fully hollow construction, allowing for optimized sole weighting for shots that launch higher, but now incorporate a new high strength, turbocharged face insert that is thinner and hotter for more speed on every shot. 

The redesign HiBore Crown pushes the center of gravity low and deep within the base of the Launcher HB Turbo Irons. This placement produces shots that launch off the face, fly high, and stay on their intended target. Progressive shaping throughout the entire set maintains forgiveness in the long irons, with compact short irons that provide optimal control. 

Key Innovations Inside the Launcher HB Turbo Irons: 

·       Hollow Construction: Fully hollow construction along with internal stabilizing ribs provides ultimate forgiveness on every shot.

·       Turbocharged Face: Each iron features a turbocharged, high strength steel face that is thinner and hotter for increased ball speeds and explosive distance.

·       HiBore Crown: Redesigned HiBore Crown features low, deep weighting to produce an easy to hit, high ball flight.

·       Progressive Hollow Shaping: Progressive shaping provides a smooth transition from hybrid-like long irons to iron-like short irons. It’s a seamless changeover with forgiveness where you need it and control where you want it. 

Cleveland’s Launcher HB Turbo Irons are available in both men’s and women’s along with right and left hand options. The Launcher HB Turbo Irons are priced at $799.99 MAP for a seven-piece steel set. For graphite options, the Launcher HB Turbo Irons are $899.99 MAP for a seven-piece set.  

For more detailed information on the Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons, please visit: clevelandgolf.com.

Launcher HB Turbo Irons.jpg

Launcher UHX Irons 

The Launcher UHX Irons are the most progressive combo set of hollow and cavity back irons on the market. It’s a completely new way to approach one complete set of irons. 

“This combination of cavity back and utility irons into one set offers the perfect blend of distance and accuracy,” Brekke said. “A new variable face pattern delivers more distance due to hotter faces with better mass distribution.” 

Launcher UHX Irons incorporate hollow long irons (4-7-irons) for more distance and forgiveness, with lower and deeper weighting compared to traditional cavity back irons. Meanwhile, the 8-iron through pitching wedge features a cavity back construction, which focuses on precision and control rather than maximizing distance. The result: a seamless transition throughout to create one unified iron set. 

Furthermore, Launcher UHX Irons feature a high strength, variable steel face insert, incorporated into each long iron, for higher ball speeds across the entire face and more distance on every shot. The latest iteration of our V-Shaped Sole offers added forgiveness and improved speed retention, while Cleveland’s proprietary Tour Zip Grooves and enhanced Laser Milling delivers reliable, consistent spin when attacking the pin. 

Launcher UHX Utility Irons will also be available as individual clubs for sale to add forgiveness to any iron set. Offered in 3, 4, and 5-iron lofts, Launcher UHX Utility Irons deliver the distance and forgiveness of a hybrid in an iron-like address profile. 

Key Innovations Inside the Launcher UHX Irons: 

·       Hollow and Cavity Back Construction: Hollow long irons provide more forgiveness, while cavity back short irons provide more control when attacking the pin.

·       Variable High Strength Steel Face: A variable high strength HT1770M steel face insert delivers explosive ball speeds for increased distance, even on heel and toe impacts.

·       V-Shaped Sole: Featured in both the cavity back and hollow designs, the V-Shaped Sole improves turf interaction for better speed retention at impact.

·       Tour Zip Grooves: Tour Zip Grooves and Laser Milling deliver maximum spin for optimal control throughout the Launcher UHX Irons.

Cleveland’s Launcher UHX Irons are available in both men’s and women’s offerings along with right and left hand options. The Launcher UHX Irons are priced at $799.99 MAP for a seven-piece steel set. For graphite options, the Launcher UHX Irons are $899.99 MAP for a seven-piece set. The Launcher UHX Utility Irons are priced at $169.99 MAP. 

For high-resolution images, the Launcher UHX Irons product manual, and other assets CLICK HERE

For more detailed information on the Cleveland Launcher UHX Irons, please visit: clevelandgolf.com. Launcher UHX Irons.jpg

Launcher Halo 

The Launcher Halo returns, offering a versatile scoring club designed for any situation. Featuring new Gliderail Technology, the Launcher Halo is optimized for better turf interaction from the toughest of lies. 

“We all hit it in the rough and find ourselves in difficult positions out on the course,” said Brian Schielke, Marketing Director at Cleveland Golf. “And it’s those tough places that add big numbers to our scorecards. The new Launcher Halo helps us not only get out of those tough spots, but helps us excel from them and get into scoring position. It’s so much more than a typical hybrid.” 

While the Gliderails provide optimal speed retention, the enhanced HiBore Crown pushes the center of gravity low and deep for a low spin, high launch ball flight. Halo Weighting shifts more weight to the perimeter for increased MOI and better overall forgiveness. 

A new variable face insert, utilizing HT1770M steel, allows the Launcher Halo to provide improved ball speeds for more distance, even on off-center strikes. 

Key Innovations Inside the Launcher Halo: 

·       Gliderails: Featuring a set of three rails, the leading edge and sole geometries are optimized for improved turf interaction and speed retention.

·       HiBore Crown: The redesigned HiBore Crown enables a lower CG position, promoting that ideal low spin, high launch ball flight.

·       High Strength Steel Face: Constructed using high strength steel, the variable face insert provides higher COR over a larger impact area leading to increased ball speeds and distance.

Cleveland’s Launcher Halo is available in both men’s and women’s offerings along with right and left hand options. The Launcher Halo is priced at $199.99 MAP and offered in 2 (16°), 3 (19°) and 4 (22°) Halo models.

Launcher Halo.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My quick impressions:

UHX - reminds me a lot of the older 588 MT line, which I really liked when I played them for a season. Felt great (those had a forged face) but weren't the longest by any means.

HB Turbo - I think I could play those even with my aversion to hybrids. The top-down view is pretty good and it sounds like they're a big improvement on last year's release. I liked the look in person when I saw @Wedgie's set, my mental block on hybrids is the only thing that keeps me from wanting to dive in head first on these.

Halo - Kind of looks like they saw Cobra's success with the rails on their hybrids and said "well, what if we add one more rail and have three... 50% more forgiveness?????" A 4h in one of those could be fun for my game.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

25 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

My quick impressions:

UHX - reminds me a lot of the older 588 MT line, which I really liked when I played them for a season. Felt great (those had a forged face) but weren't the longest by any means.

HB Turbo - I think I could play those even with my aversion to hybrids. The top-down view is pretty good and it sounds like they're a big improvement on last year's release. I liked the look in person when I saw @Wedgie's set, my mental block on hybrids is the only thing that keeps me from wanting to dive in head first on these.

Halo - Kind of looks like they saw Cobra's success with the rails on their hybrids and said "well, what if we add one more rail and have three... 50% more forgiveness?????" A 4h in one of those could be fun for my game.

My Launchers could be in trouble once I see the new ones in person.  Since I got them here I will gladly pass them on to you if you want to give them a whack or two.  Let's chat October 4th.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I'd be lying if I didn't say both these have my attention.  I know, I know, what new iron doesn't catch my attention....ha   Both these look like fabulous additions to the Cleveland line. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Real talk, Launcher Turbo is the iron I'm most excited for when the golf show in my area comes around in February. Also, I remember the OG Halo as an awesome hybrid, even available as a 1 hybrid back in the day. Add the rails from the Mashie line to that performance *chef kiss*

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Just now, Berg Ryman said:

Real talk, Launcher Turbo is the iron I'm most excited for when the golf show in my area comes around in February. Also, I remember the OG Halo as an awesome hybrid, even available as a 1 hybrid back in the day. Add the rails from the Mashie line to that performance *chef kiss*

You have got to try them.  My only regret is not getting a real good fit for these when I got mine.  In hitting other clubs this year I have found that a little heavier shaft works best for me.  The Cleveland  fitting cart is usually only the two stock shafts they offer and they use the 6 iron head.  If they used the 7 iron head there would be the option to utilize the Srixon fitting cart that usually has a ton of shaft options.  Even off the rack they will be an upgrade for most golfers.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

52 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Y'know, I forgot about the rails on the Mashie. I take back my Cobra comments above, the images just immediately made me think of Cobras, hence my comment. I still think it would be fun to hit, regardless.

ETA: Dropping the launch video of the HB Turbo line in here because there's some good shots of the back and address views of the clubs. They did a really good job of making these look slimmer.

4 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

They say the Launcher Turbo's are an improvement over last year's model.  If so, I can guarantee these puppies will bark! Even the 4 iron was easy peasy to launch and went a country mile.  Yea I can see some folks on here drooling like a bulldog in a steak eating contest. 🐶 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

6 hours ago, Wedgie said:

You have got to try them.  My only regret is not getting a real good fit for these when I got mine.  In hitting other clubs this year I have found that a little heavier shaft works best for me.  The Cleveland  fitting cart is usually only the two stock shafts they offer and they use the 6 iron head.  If they used the 7 iron head there would be the option to utilize the Srixon fitting cart that usually has a ton of shaft options.  Even off the rack they will be an upgrade for most golfers.

That's a bit too bad, because in looking at the Cleveland Custom Catalogue these irons seem a perfect fit for like the AMT line with the progressive shape. I'd want the clubs getting slightly heavier as o moved from hybrid like long irons to regular short irons. Guess I'll have to play around with ideas if I get them or get picked to test 😉

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

I'm quite intrigued by the Halo 2 hybrid in 16*.  I carry a TM Rescue 11 TP 2 Hybrid also in 16*.  Since that club is several years old at this point, it would be interesting to see how it compares.

The UHX irons are interesting too.  I thought it weird at first the hollow-body goes down to the 7 iron but with stronger lofts nowadays I suppose it makes some sense.  I do like that Cleveland will give the option of buying the 3 thru 5 as individual clubs.  Personally, I think they look pretty good too.

It looks like Global Golf U Try is going to get more of my money!

Edited by TwoCoatsOfWax

2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

In bags too!
IMG_1016.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hot damn!!!! 😍

In bags too!

IMG_1016.thumb.JPG.97dbfb19202fb81261098adfb8d2c9f9.JPG

No you didn’t! Full disclosure of the goods partner!

Cleveland

No you didn’t! Full disclosure of the goods partner!

Well, after a store credit and some trade in clubs I got them for $0.73 with a dozen golf balls. Can’t beat that deal. Straight from the box to the first tee with no warm up and shot a 47/39.

I had no issue with the looks of the old Launchers but these look better. Cleaner and sleeker is the best way to put it. It was really windy but they do seem a bit longer for me or at least the distance seemed to come a little easier if that makes any sense. Like the old Launchers when I didn’t think I got all of it the ball still seemed to go the planned distance.

I didn’t trade in the original Launchers so hopefully I can get them to russtopher so he can join the movement.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Well, after a store credit and some trade in clubs I got them for $0.73 with a dozen golf balls. Can’t beat that deal. Straight from the box to the first tee with no warm up and shot a 47/39.

I had no issue with the looks of the old Launchers but these look better. Cleaner and sleeker is the best way to put it. It was really windy but they do seem a bit longer for me or at least the distance seemed to come a little easier if that makes any sense. Like the old Launchers when I didn’t think I got all of it the ball still seemed to go the planned distance.

I didn’t trade in the original Launchers so hopefully I can get them to russtopher so he can join the movement.

Good job on your maiden voyage with ya new sticks! Same soaring ball flight, soft feel, & solid sound?  

Cleveland

3 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Some side by side comparison pics would be amazing if you got the chance. Would love to see that. Also, PM on the way!

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

Good job on your maiden voyage with ya new sticks! Same soaring ball flight, soft feel, & solid sound?  

Yes, all the same characteristics and the ball stops on a dime when it hits the green.  You should give them  whack!  You know you miss them!

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

42 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Some side by side comparison pics would be amazing if you got the chance. Would love to see that. Also, PM on the way!

I'll try to take some side-by-side pics when I go home for lunch today.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

5 hours ago, Wedgie said:

that didn't take long.  😃

can't wait to see these bad boys in action soon.... did you do a fitting or did you already know the setup you needed?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

that didn't take long.  😃

can't wait to see these bad boys in action soon.... did you do a fitting or did you already know the setup you needed?

I hit steel and graphite in both the Launchers and UHX irons.  The graphite Launchers were the clear winner so I pulled the trigger.  After a minor grip tweak on the back nine yesterday I knew I made the right choice.  The weight is much more in line with the rest of my clubs and it seemed like I was hitting all clubs better as the day went on.  If you recall my wife got me the original Launchers in graphite and they were a mess.  These feel much better for some reason and pretty much center of the face contact all day and nothing fat or thin.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

What did you think about the UHX irons. How is the forgiveness and feel compare to the irons you were using, were they the previous launcher irons or have you been hitting something else. Which graphite shaft did you get, not sure how many they offer in graphite. Thanks for your feedback on these. I'm thinking  I want to check these out.

8 minutes ago, tdkrod said:

What did you think about the UHX irons. How is the forgiveness and feel compare to the irons you were using, were they the previous launcher irons or have you been hitting something else. Which graphite shaft did you get, not sure how many they offer in graphite. Thanks for your feedback on these. I'm thinking  I want to check these out.

I really liked the look of the UHX irons.  They certainly felt firmer than the Launchers.  Although I'm sure they are very forgiving they didn't seem to be in the same league as the Launchers.  I am coming from the original Launchers but have played maybe 6 or 7 rounds recently with the Srixon Z585 irons and the Srixons felt much better than the UHX irons but they have Recoil Smacwrap graphite shafts which I'm sure contribute to the soft feeling.   I went with the stock graphite because that is all I could try and they feel amazing to me.  

I think both sets are worth looking at.  The thing with me is the Launchers and the results I've gotten with them bias me in that direction.  Good luck!

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I really liked the look of the UHX irons.  They certainly felt firmer than the Launchers.  Although I'm sure they are very forgiving they didn't seem to be in the same league as the Launchers.  I am coming from the original Launchers but have played maybe 6 or 7 rounds recently with the Srixon Z585 irons and the Srixons felt much better than the UHX irons but they have Recoil Smacwrap graphite shafts which I'm sure contribute to the soft feeling.   I went with the stock graphite because that is all I could try and they feel amazing to me.  
I think both sets are worth looking at.  The thing with me is the Launchers and the results I've gotten with them bias me in that direction.  Good luck!

I had steel shafts in the launchers we tested and although they were good, I’m thinking I would go graphite if I gamed the new ones.

Cleveland

24 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I had steel shafts in the launchers we tested and although they were good, I’m thinking I would go graphite if I gamed the new ones.

I think it would depend on the custom options. The stock shafts are probably a touch too light for my liking, sight unseen of course, but 60 grams is too light for me. Looking at last year's catalog you could get the Steelfiber i95 right away or the Recoil Smacwrap in 86 grams seems more my speed for graphite. Lot of good lightweight steel offerings too. I'm excited to at least see them in the wild, hopefully as my local stores don't do much outside Cleveland wedges anymore.

SIK Golf Flo-C

I think it would depend on the custom options. The stock shafts are probably a touch too light for my liking, sight unseen of course, but 60 grams is too light for me. Looking at last year's catalog you could get the Steelfiber i95 right away or the Recoil Smacwrap in 86 grams seems more my speed for graphite. Lot of good lightweight steel offerings too. I'm excited to at least see them in the wild, hopefully as my local stores don't do much outside Cleveland wedges anymore.

I thought they’d be too light for me as well but they seem to work. Then again my driver shaft is 43 grams.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Side by side Turbos on the left. Hard to see but smaller top line, darker face with same footprint.

IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1018.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG
IMG_1020.JPG
IMG_1021.JPG
IMG_1022.JPG

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

21 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I thought they’d be too light for me as well but they seem to work. Then again my driver shaft is 43 grams.

see, driver shaft for me is 67, so 80-90 seems right where I'd want an iron. I guess I'll have to get out and test them to see.

SIK Golf Flo-C

In bags too!
IMG_1016.thumb.JPG.97dbfb19202fb81261098adfb8d2c9f9.JPG

That's a really good looking set of clubs@Wedgie Cleveland did a great job upping the looks of the Launcher HB's. I can't really say I was in love with the looks of the past model, but these are sharp.

Have fun playing with them and I can't wait to hear your thoughts after a few rounds.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Picked up a new Cleveland Halo hybrid last night.  Got the 16 degree 2 hoping at 3 inches shorter than my Cobra f8 3 wood I can maintain the distance but pickup a ton of accuracy.  Won't get to hit it until Friday but will let everyone know how it goes.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right