TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 irons

StrokerAce

On 10/21/2019 at 10:43 AM, ballplayer002003 said:

Next he had me swing a club with Mizuno's shaft optimizer on it.  Three swings and it was able to spit out about a dozen shafts.

Could you expand on this a little - first I've heard of a Mizuno shaft optimizer.

Also, particularly interested in how you like these compared to your Mizuno's; they were my second choice.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Could you expand on this a little - first I've heard of a Mizuno shaft optimizer.

Also, particularly interested in how you like these compared to your Mizuno's; they were my second choice.

The Mizuno shaft optimizer is a plastic device that is attached to the shaft of a club, in this case it was a Mizuno iron.  I had to take three swings with this club and with each swing the Optimizer was able to record:  swing speed, tempo, how much load I put on the shaft at the top of my transition, toe angle and lie angle.  Once you do all three swings, the Optimizer spits out a list (about a dozen) of shaft options for you in numerical order with number one being what it thinks will be the best performing shaft for your particular swing.  

It recommended the Dynamic Gold 120 X100 shaft for me.  I would have never picked that shaft for myself, but after trying a few, that one felt the best and gave me the most consistent ball flight.  I tried the Modus (shaft that I game) and I could feel the shaft loading in my transition.  I could not feel load in the DG shaft.  I like that better.  I want the feel of just one stiff board as I swing (I am probably in the minority here).  th?id=OIP.U12I65uCFQYNJSdBtLh9MwHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=289&h=193

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Great write ups guys. Please keep the updates coming as you play with them.  These are on my short list for a winter purchase.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call

2 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

The Mizuno shaft optimizer is a plastic device that is attached to the shaft of a club, in this case it was a Mizuno iron.  I had to take three swings with this club and with each swing the Optimizer was able to record:  swing speed, tempo, how much load I put on the shaft at the top of my transition, toe angle and lie angle.  Once you do all three swings, the Optimizer spits out a list (about a dozen) of shaft options for you in numerical order with number one being what it thinks will be the best performing shaft for your particular swing.  

It recommended the Dynamic Gold 120 X100 shaft for me.  I would have never picked that shaft for myself, but after trying a few, that one felt the best and gave me the most consistent ball flight.  I tried the Modus (shaft that I game) and I could feel the shaft loading in my transition.  I could not feel load in the DG shaft.  I like that better.  I want the feel of just one stiff board as I swing (I am probably in the minority here).  th?id=OIP.U12I65uCFQYNJSdBtLh9MwHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=289&h=193

Cool tool. My fitter reps Mizuno but he did not have/use this during my fitting.  I wonder if it's relatively new?  I'm curious whether it would match me to my AWT 2.0's or the PX 5.5 LZ's that were real close in launch data.  Any of the other testers use this at their fittings?

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Cool tool. My fitter reps Mizuno but he did not have/use this during my fitting.  I wonder if it's relatively new?  I'm curious whether it would match me to my AWT 2.0's or the PX 5.5 LZ's that were real close in launch data.  Any of the other testers use this at their fittings?

I didn't use it during my fitting but I have used it in the past at a demo day with the Mizuno rep.  It's really cool and I highly suggest it if you ever get a chance.  

There aren't a lot of "stock" shafts to choose from for the irons but one of those was one that the Mizuno tool recommended - Project X LZ.  It spits out 3 of the top recommended shafts.  The others for me were one of the Dynamic Gold (I think it was 120?) and the C Taper lite.

I was skeptical of it at first but tried it about a month later at another demo day and got the same results.

Really pleased with the LZ shaft it recommended - feels smooth and easy to load and unload.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Horrid morning but definitely not clubs fault. Hit the ball fine first few holes and just lost my tempo/swing.
Only good part is my ball height, launch angle is coming back. Attributing this to Sr shaft. Monday new day, work in tempo/plane maybe tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I didn't use it during my fitting but I have used it in the past at a demo day with the Mizuno rep.  It's really cool and I highly suggest it if you ever get a chance.  

There aren't a lot of "stock" shafts to choose from for the irons but one of those was one that the Mizuno tool recommended - Project X LZ.  It spits out 3 of the top recommended shafts.  The others for me were one of the Dynamic Gold (I think it was 120?) and the C Taper lite.

I was skeptical of it at first but tried it about a month later at another demo day and got the same results.

Really pleased with the LZ shaft it recommended - feels smooth and easy to load and unload.

I'll definitely keep my eye peeled for a Mizuno Day at one of the Yuma GC.  It would be fun to see what it spits out for me.

When I did my first iron fitting (May 18), it was the G400's with the PX 5.5 LZ's.  These and the Dynamic Gold Light worked best on the JP900's.  During this springs iron fitting with the G410's, the AWT 2.0's yielded the best results.  I think we tested these shafts with the G400's, but cannot recall for sure.  I'm guessing, that once you (the fitter) gets you into the right column and short list, that which feels the best and yields the best data could change on any given day.

First hit today with the 8 iron.  Ball flight was towering.  I didn't use shot tracer but I will.  This shot went dead straight, about 175 yards and went as high as any wedge you could hit.  I will take more videos next week but I was itching to get out today even though I only had about 20 minutes to do all this due to my schedule. 

So I wanted to show the difference in the two 7 irons I have now.  The one on the left is the PING, the one on the right is my Mizuno.  You can really see the PING has an offset head.  I noticed too that the PING topline is not as wide as I anticipated, compared to my Mizuno.  The next picture are the two clubs layed down side to side so you can get a better idea of the shape.  Again, left is PING, right is Miz. 

This set came 4-GAP.  I compared the PING Gap to my Vokey 52".   My Vokey is the one on the left.  I have to say, my first impression based on looks alone, I am not a fan of the head shape of the PING gap wedge.  I think it looks like a balloon.  It is too fat and round for my eye.  Again, this is only day one looking down at this.  I have not hit it yet because I wanted to stay away from it.  The last picture is the PING GW at address with a ball.  As always, more to come in my official review but I wanted to keep you all posted on the process. 

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Rick

Left Hand, 

Still anxiously awaiting delivery. With the shafts on back-order it's taking a bit longer.

Anyway... Stats from what should be my final round before starting testing:

Fairways: 6, GIR:5, Putts: 34, Penalties: 6😡

Improving the GIR number and reducing Penalties are primary goals with the G410s.

Keep the good posts coming fellas, I'll be joining you soon.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

On 10/25/2019 at 3:02 PM, fixyurdivot said:

If a Mizuno fitter did not use the Shaft Optimizer in a fitting for irons, I would have a serious conversation with him on why not?   I've seen it demoed at the PGA show and by the reps and local fitters several times, it is uncanny te number of times that the 1st or 2nd shaft it recoomends ends up being the one that produces th best numbers on the LM and actual ball flight. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 10/25/2019 at 3:16 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

@fixyurdivot - Another positive Shaft Optimizer experience here. Went last week for irons, and they start every fitting with it regardless of what brand you are interested in. Fitter put me in the first non-upcharge shaft (C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff) it listed (No. 1 was Aerotech Steelfiber i110 - pricey!), and it was hands down the best shaft for me out of a bunch of options. Really cool piece of tech.

@GolfSpy Stroker - That LZ was a really nice feeling shaft, just too much spin for me in the 5.5 flex the optimizer recommended. I should have asked to try the 6.0 just to see, but the results I saw with the CTLs were soooo much better than any of the other shafts I tried.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

21 hours ago, Rickp said:

I am on the fence about the ball flight.  I like to see a boring mid ball flight.  I was hitting on the range and my assist. pro was watching me and he loved the ball flight too.  Simply put, I am just not used to it.  I think the next time I go to the range I will try to flight some lower.  If I am able to do that then look out, these irons may be deadly. 
Your correct about ball flight it is a lot higher than current irons , I like it. 184.42 kB · 0 downloads
184.42 kB · 0 downloads
184.42 kB · 0 downloads
Sent from my iPhone using 184.42 kB · 0 downloads MyGolfSpy 184.42 kB · 0 downloads

Got 9 holes in and starting to get used to new Lie and shaft setup. Big difference (4’) Lie was confusing me a bit but I think it’s starting to come together.

Hit a great 6 iron on 1st hole and a couple others on the 8th & 9th holes. Height and carry are definitely better. Need to get at a LM.

8iron seems to be the HOT iron in the bag.

Playing Wednesday same course so I can draw some comparisons.

Rick

Left Hand, 

If a Mizuno fitter did not use the Shaft Optimizer in a fitting for irons, I would have a serious conversation with him on why not?   I've seen it demoed at the PGA show and by the reps and local fitters several times, it is uncanny te number of times that the 1st or 2nd shaft it recoomends ends up being the one that produces th best numbers on the LM and actual ball flight. 

I had a bad optimizer experience but it was also when the device first came out. My fitter said it recommended steel - I had been in graphite and told the fitter I preferred graphite - when I read the results later I read them here’s the top 3 steel, here’s the top 3 graphite and other the way he did 1-6.

Also my results were such that he could have recommended any of 3 shaft/head combos two of which were graphite - he had to be right so he picked the steel offering - hated those irons - tried everything that I could to make them work but hated them. Mizuno made good though and replaced them for me - kudos to them!

Bottom line is the Optimizer is only as good as the guy interpreting it.

With irons I flat out know that I play best with 2 flat, shaft in the mid 60’s, a little more loft and a little more sole. I will fit myself for those from now on thank you.

I tried the 410s, loved the look, would have enjoyed trying them with a lighter shaft - the stock graphite shaft was uncomfortable for me and the stronger lofts aren’t ideal.

But beautiful looking clubs at address

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I had a bad optimizer experience but it was also when the device first came out. My fitter said it recommended steel - I had been in graphite and told the fitter I preferred graphite - when I read the results later I read them here’s the top 3 steel, here’s the top 3 graphite and other the way he did 1-6.

Also my results were such that he could have recommended any of 3 shaft/head combos two of which were graphite - he had to be right so he picked the steel offering - hated those irons - tried everything that I could to make them work but hated them. Mizuno made good though and replaced them for me - kudos to them!

Bottom line is the Optimizer is only as good as the guy interpreting it.

With irons I flat out know that I play best with 2 flat, shaft in the mid 60’s, a little more loft and a little more sole. I will fit myself for those from now on thank you.

I tried the 410s, loved the look, would have enjoyed trying them with a lighter shaft - the stock graphite shaft was uncomfortable for me and the stronger lofts aren’t ideal.

But beautiful looking clubs at address

Good to know about Mizuno Customer Service. I guess the Optimizer can’t make up for human error.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Hey guys. I'm still here, haven't left the thread. Still making periodic checks of the front porch awaiting delivery. Should be any day now. Enjoying the back and forth so far.

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

On 10/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

If a Mizuno fitter did not use the Shaft Optimizer in a fitting for irons, I would have a serious conversation with him on why not?

He had fitting kiosks for Taylormade, PING, Mizuno, Callaway, KZG, and Tour Edge.  He had just opened his shop in March 2018 and I had my first iron fitting with him in that June. My second fitting was this past July.  Maybe these "shaft optimizers" are pretty new and/or their an option as part of the kiosk he chose not to purchase?  The expense of setting up a brand new shop, to include (3) Foresight GCQuad systems hitting bays, likely put a dent on his wallet.  I am curious to know however and will look for a Mizuno Demo opportunity while in AZ.

26 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

He had fitting kiosks for Taylormade, PING, Mizuno, Callaway, KZG, and Tour Edge.  He had just opened his shop in March 2018 and I had my first iron fitting with him in that June. My second fitting was this past July.  Maybe these "shaft optimizers" are pretty new and/or their an option as part of the kiosk he chose not to purchase?  The expense of setting up a brand new shop, to include (3) Foresight GCQuad systems hitting bays, likely put a dent on his wallet.  I am curious to know however and will look for a Mizuno Demo opportunity while in AZ.

Yeah - my understanding in talking to the Mizuno fitters is that there is some training that goes along with the optimizer.  You can't just slap it on a shaft and be done.

I specifically remember one of the fitters saying that the optimizer says "xxxx" and then followed up with a "but..." it's the second part of that where he is able to interpret the results.

And don't be afraid to question the results!  Just because the machine says something doesn't always mean it's accurate.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Yeah - my understanding in talking to the Mizuno fitters is that there is some training that goes along with the optimizer.  You can't just slap it on a shaft and be done.

I specifically remember one of the fitters saying that the optimizer says "xxxx" and then followed up with a "but..." it's the second part of that where he is able to interpret the results.

And don't be afraid to question the results!  Just because the machine says something doesn't always mean it's accurate.

I'd be surprised if the AWT's aren't on the short list, but my curiosity is peaked.  

Early morning 18 hot and very HUMID.
Just discussing the G410 irons from this morning things are getting better. Long irons need a bit more play time but PW-6 iron are really coming along. Getting used to the extreme Lie Angle change and staring to get some surprising draw.
Irons feel great off the club face, even miss hit’s aren’t disastrous.
Range Friday. Bacon Boys have to get along without me for a day.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Went to the range today to do some comparison of my current and previous irons as a starting point for when the Pings arrive.

The contenders: Current set - Ben Hogan PTx and the Former set: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged

Here's what I saw based on nothing but eye ball evaluation of about 30 swings for each (7 and 8 irons)

Hogans: ball flight was a bit less consistent.  Solid strikes tended to start on or a little left of target line and curve left. Most landed left of the target line. Misses were a weak push or slightly thin

Mizunos: More consistent ball flight. Starting slightly right to online and staying mostly straight or slight draw. Solid strikes tended to draw more and land a bit left of target line. Same generic miss, slight push. 

At least to the eye, there was a slight distance edge to the Mizunos.

The difference: Mizunos were fully fitted. 1/2 inch longer than standard with standard lie, and midsize GolfPride MCC grips. I self ordered the Hogans without any fitting data. After using the demo program, I ordered standard length/lie and the mid-low loft profile and have the GP MCC Align +4 grips.

For reference again, the Pings were ordered at 3/4 inch longer than standard and 2 degrees upright (I think that's green dot now). The more upright setup may help out with that left miss tendency and the length hopefully gets more consistent strikes. We'll see when they get here.

If i were to base the choice on today alone, I'd probably lean toward going back to the Mizuno set. Giving a little more credence to the idea that fitting matters. Also thinking the mid-size grips help minimize what tends to be too much hand action in my swing so when the Pings do arrive, I may opt for mid-size grips to compare with.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:39 PM, Rickp said:

Early morning 18 hot and very HUMID.
Just discussing the G410 irons from this morning things are getting better. Long irons need a bit more play time but PW-6 iron are really coming along. Getting used to the extreme Lie Angle change and staring to get some surprising draw.
Irons feel great off the club face, even miss hit’s aren’t disastrous.
Range Friday. Bacon Boys have to get along without me for a day.

Talk extreme lie angle changes.  At my TPI fitting I walked in hitting 3 degree upright clubs and at one point in the fitittng we were trying 1 degree flat 😱   That's extreme. Ha

We ended up in standard.   Still a pretty big change from 3 up.  But I am confident in it based on the results I saw. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Talk extreme lie angle changes.  At my TPI fitting I walked in hitting 3 degree upright clubs and at one point in the fitittng we were trying 1 degree flat   That's extreme. Ha
We ended up in standard.   Still a pretty big change from 3 up.  But I am confident in it based on the results I saw. 

I’m still not 100% sure I’m 2’ flat from 2’ up. I need more game & range time. Probably some where in between. Maybe I’ll end up standard also.
I’m getting fitted for Ping G410 driver Tuesday and while I’m there I’ll “borrow” the LM and hit a few Ping G410 irons.
Being old and retired can be fun
BTW, one of the guys was watching me and asking questions about the G410 irons and whadda know he ordered a set.

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Talk extreme lie angle changes.  At my TPI fitting I walked in hitting 3 degree upright clubs and at one point in the fitittng we were trying 1 degree flat 😱   That's extreme. Ha

That is a huge change.  Have you made any swing changes since being fitted for the 3 up?  

Played my first round today with the G410's.  I did not keep score because all of my distances were off.  It was 52 degrees with a 14mph wind.  Not ideal, but this time of year this will be the norm.   There were a few holes where the wind was at my back, a few where the wind was dead into my face and a lot of holes where it was more of a crosswind.  I will say the long irons are deadly!!!  This was the first time I really hit the long irons and they are everything you would want in a long iron.  Hole number 2 is a par 5, I hit a 3 wd off the tee which left me with 200 yards to the pin.  I hit 6 iron to about a foot!  Easiest eagle putt I think I've had, and YES, I made it!!!  I hit two 4 irons off the tee on hole 10 which is a dogleg left, 350 yards.  I hit the fairway both times, one was heeled, the other was pure!  The heel shot went 210 yards while the pure 4 iron was hit 223 yards into a slight breeze.  The heeled shot traveled pretty straight as well, really impressive.  The divots are shallow which is a switch for me.  I have a pretty steep swing so naturally I will take some turf but with these the turf interaction is nice.  More to come later.

IMG_0202.jpg

Had a rare “off Sunday” and spent the time practicing and getting to know new irons.
First taped up a couple irons and did some time in the net (Sunday is mat day and driving range). Forgot to take pix but ball marks were not perfect but darn close to middle of face.
Chipped with my 2 go 2 clubs, PW & 8 iron. I’m not used to the whippey feel with SR FLEX but results were good, not great. Took a little while but I’m liking these sticks.IMG_0311.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

That is a huge change.  Have you made any swing changes since being fitted for the 3 up?  

Good question Boss!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Shot tracer from 178 into the wind.  Used a 7 iron from here.  Shot tracer showed ball on the right side of green, actually the ball hit left side, pin high about 20 feet from hole.  

1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Shot tracer from 178 into the wind.  Used a 7 iron from here.  Shot tracer showed ball on the right side of green, actually the ball hit left side, pin high about 20 feet from hole.  

Looks like a decent fall day.  How do these yardages compare to your current clubs?  I don't recall from your previous posts but do you have the standard or power spec lofts?  What system are you using to capture the video/shot tracer?