GolfSpy Stroker

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 irons

Ping 7 iron on the left current gamer 7i on the right. I can’t see any big difference.
Waiting for rain to stop B4 I stick my head outside.
Tomorrow playing a tough Exec, Wednesday playing the same 9 I played this morning so can make some quick assessments.
Gave the a Pings a close inspection and fit and finish lot good.
First swings tomorrow morning 7:36

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

They look great Rick! Can’t wait to get started.

• Like 1

Debut round is Thursday. 
Can't wait!

Your supposed to get decent weather Thursday. Good luck

• Like 1

They look great Rick! Can’t wait to get started.

I would have hit a few wedges today at the 8th green in back of my house if it wasn’t raining.
Have to wait until morning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I would have hit a few wedges today at the 8th green in back of my house if it wasn’t raining.

What you going through with the rain and your new G410 irons is not unlike a hound dog waiting on a rib eye steak however it's just out of reach.   You drooling bruther?  😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

What you going through with the rain and your new G410 irons is not unlike a hound dog waiting on a rib eye steak however it's just out of reach.   You drooling bruther?  

Nope, more like slobbering

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Based on the Most Wanted Wedge report and Ping's 'Hydropearl' finish it should have been 'Take dead aim' even when wet 😜

• Like 1

Based on the Most Wanted Wedge report and Ping's 'Hydropearl' finish it should have been 'Take dead aim' even when wet 

Clubs can do rain, I dont

• Like 3

I'm still impressed with the one week fitting to delivery timeline. Hopefully that means it won't be too much longer for me since shafts were back-ordered.

• Like 3

I'm still impressed with the one week fitting to delivery timeline. Hopefully that means it won't be too much longer for me since shafts were back-ordered.

Ping Customer Service is Top Notch.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rickp said:

FED X made a delivery short time ago.....IMG_0255.JPGIMG_0257.JPG

I can't wait for your reviews!! The 410s look so good. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rickp said:

FED X made a delivery short time ago.....IMG_0255.JPGIMG_0257.JPG

Rick, Is it me or are your clubs facing the wrong direction?!!  haha  Now get out there and hit the hell out of them!  Let the fun begin!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rickp said:

Your supposed to get decent weather Thursday. Good luckemoji106.png

Threading the needle this time of year!  Hopefully it holds and things don't change, but I've played plenty in cold windy rain in the fall.  🙂

• Like 1

First time out.....

Don’t think Pic loaded. Redo later.

• Like 2

First time out.....
Don’t think Pic loaded. Redo later.

They looked a little apprehensive about being on the course but they got over it quickly. The wedges were skittish

IMG_0261.JPG

• Like 9

I was able to get out for my first round with the new sticks...

Pleased with the ball flight and trajectory.

This is a well struck 5i from 190... the ball lands and sticks pretty well.
IMG_20191024_112833.jpg

Still getting used to the new distances and was surprised by a few shots.

4 par threes...parred 2 and bogied the other 2....

Pretty sure I used everything but the 4... I'm going to need to do an iron-only round to really get a good feel for these.

Didn't activate Arccos yet; it's a 3 month trial and if I activate it now I'll only get to use a few weeks out of it so I'm going to wait until next year.

Hoping to get out at least 3 to 4 more times before courses close shop for the season.

• Like 8

Very nice job guys, I’m enjoying the read.

• Like 3

Very nice job guys, I’m enjoying the read.

Tomorrow “Bacon Boys 9” should be interesting, will be an all iron morning.

• Like 2

They're here!  So lets look at this timeline for a second, I was fit on Sunday afternoon and the clubs were at my door tonight when I got home from my football game.  They were built, packaged and shipped all within FOUR days!  I couldn't be more impressed with PING right now.  That was just fast.
Now I coach football at my school and we had a game tonight so I didn't get home until after 8.  The box was sitting on my kitchen island waiting for me.  My wife looks at me and say, "I think those might be your clubs."  So just like every teenager at Christmas, I played it super cool, I just gave a reply of, "oh ok" as if it was no big deal.  Now inside I wanted to rip the box open and giggle but again, I played it cool.  
After I scarfed down my dinner, my wife stated that she was going to take a shower and go to bed.  This is one night when I was happy she decided to do this so I could play with my new toys.  I quickly opened up the box and took a look.  The fist thing I noticed when I opened the box was unmarked black neoprene headcovers.   Don't judge me, I didn't put them on.  So if you use headcovers and you want some, they are all yours lol.  I took out the clubs and noticed the clubs felt heavy and firm.  That is how I like them.  I want my clubs to feel like a baseball bat (it's what I am used to).  The clubs were weighted to D4 swing weight so I am stoked.  I ordered them with the midsize black and red multi-compound grip to match the black and red of the head.  The shaft logo is turned down so at address, I am looking down at just the steel of the shaft.  Tomorrow night I will compare the looks of the head  to my Mizuno's and provide more pictures. 

IMG_0099.jpg.3095a02dec1086537ddfddaa2ed7fbd3.jpg
IMG_0101.jpg.035ab0fb5d5a0db3abffa190fb6eb9c8.jpg
IMG_0102.jpg.81f8e0aa872076badf4ff493f6430d77.jpg
I give you props for not immediately tearing into that box, I would have given in to the temptation. I'm a fan of the multi-compound grips and love the color combination you picked to compliment the 410's. Have fun hitting them and I'm looking forward to hearing how they work out for all of you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I give you props for not immediately tearing into that box, I would have given in to the temptation. I'm a fan of the multi-compound grips and love the color combination you picked to compliment the 410's. Have fun hitting them and I'm looking forward to hearing how they work out for all of you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks, the grips look good with the heads.  It was hard not ripping the box open, but I think the thing that helped was when I got home, it was dark.  Had it been light outside I would have torn into them.

• Like 4