Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Danny Willett-WITB BMW PGA Championship

Golfspy_CG2

Here’s what Callaway staffer Danny Willett had in the bag in winning the European Tour’s flagship event:

Rogue Driver (9*) – Mitsubishi Tensei Diamana 60X Shaft

Rogue Fairway Wood (15*) – Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 70X Shaft

X Forged UT Irons (18*, 24*) – True Temper Dynamic Gold Superlite X100 Shafts

X Forged 18 Irons (5-9) – True Temper Dynamic Gold Superlite X100 Shafts

Mack Daddy Forged Wedge (46*) – True Temper Dynamic Gold Supelite X100 Shaft

Mack Daddy 4 Wedges (50*, 56*, 60*) – True Temper Dynamic Gold Superlite X100 Shafts

Stroke Lab Tuttle Putter

A Chrome Soft X Golf Ball

Willett has been a longtime staffer and he’s used our drivers during the biggest wins of his career – including the 2016 Masters and the 2018 DP World Tour Championship, and he’s averaged 304.5 yards per drive through the first three rounds this week. Callaway continues to be the #1 Driver Brand across the major worldwide Tours in 2019, it’s the #1 Driver Brand this week at the BMW PGA Championship, and it’s the #1 driver brand across the major worldwide Tours by far this week.

Willett has continued to play a Chrome Soft X Golf Ball on Tour, and it’s a ball that’s winning around the world in 2019 for players like Phil Mickelson, Xander Schauffele, Francesco Molinari, and many more. Chrome Soft X features a graphene-infused Dual Soft FastCore with a larger inner core that maximizes compression energy while minimizing driver spin and promoting high launch for long distance. The premium dual-core construction promotes more distance off the longer clubs, and more control off of mid-irons, short irons, and wedges. The ultra-soft Tour Urethane Cover delivers pinpoint greenside control, and the ball delivers soft feel.

Danny has been using an Odyssey Stroke Lab Tuttle since last year and he trusted it to win in Dubai in 2018. His gamer features our innovative multi-material Stroke Lab Shaft that’s designed to improve tempo and consistency throughout the stroke and the three lines on the putter head help to improve alignment, Willett has said of his putter, “I didn’t have to try to improve my stroke. The Stroke Lab did it for me.” He entered the final round 4th in the field in Putts Per GIR. Stroke Lab has helped Odyssey dominate the putter count at the BMW PGA Championship this week, with 50% of the putters in play, and Odyssey is the #1 Putter on every major Tour in 2019.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I found it very interesting that he is still using Rogue driver and FW's.   Obviously its working for him. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

One of my favorite players... Literally won some good money on him with his masters win. So happy to see him find his way back to the winner's circle. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x